[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One of the least funny actors to ever live >one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 660x440
>One of the least funny actors to ever live
>one of the best dramatic actors to ever live
Has there ever been someone who was so miscast in film history?
>>
>>66806943
Dunno he always made me laugh desu
>>
>>66806943
Same with Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler
>>
>>66806943
I actually agree honestly I think every comedian needs to take one dramatic role because they tend to be very good at it.
>>
>>66807009
Jim Carrey is pretty funny. Although I agree he was a great dramatic actor
>>
>>66807026

Usually because comedians come from very shitty backgrounds. Makes for natural drama.
>>
>>66807009
I agree with you on Sandler but Carrey could do both
The Truman Show is a perfect example of that
>>
>>66806943
It's common for comedians to be tortured people IRL, that's why they sometimes excel in dramatic roles.
>>
>>66806943
>Almost two years
It's never really healed, desu senpai.
>>
>>66807061
I also believe comedy is probably the hardest thing to do you have to act so unatural like you arent human
>>
>>66807009
Jim Carrey was 10/10 in Eternal Sunshine. It's a shame he didn't do more like that. Robin Williams was really funny. Screw you, OP.
>>
>>66807181
He wasn't "really funny" he was just kinda average
>>
>>66807141
Comedy is actually really hard if you think about it.

It's a one-man theater act where you entertain the audience by yourself. That alone can be very daunting.
What's more, you have to create the illusion that it's not a play, and you're not saying excessively rehearsed lines. You have to make the audience believe that you're communicating with them, and you have to engage with them to entertain them.

It's why hecklers are such a real fucking problem for comedians. People think they're also part of the play, and they interrupt your act. This can ruin the mood and flow of your show, making your jokes unfunny in the process. It's really easy to ruin even the most funniest jokes when your delivery is off.

It's the reason why good comedians are also good at improv and ad-lib. You have to think on your feet and react to the mood of your audience.

Robin Williams was renowned for his improv skills and studied extensively to improve them.
>>
>>66807615
>It's really easy to ruin even the most funniest jokes when your delivery is off.
There's a video of Patton Oswalt telling a joke that relies on mood and pace, when some guy goes "WHOO" in the audience for no reason. Patton verbal berates him for a while and tells him what a moron is for ruining the joke. Then he finishes the joke just to show the guy how funny it would have been if he hadn't been interrupted.
>>
>>66807615
Aside from depression, do you think that is why the effects of early alzhiemers drove him to suicide?
>>
>>66807721
Could be. Lewy body probably made him irrational and drove him over the line to finally do it.
Robin Williams had really high highs, and really low lows. Some of his greatest performances brink on near batshit insane levels of energy that he put out. He's also openly admitted to doing drugs and drinking in order to deal with the stress of performing on stage.
>>
>>66807721
Wasn't it said that he did it solely because of his Alzheimer's?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.