[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>havent had cable or watched tv in 6+ years >finally go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ku-xlarge.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>havent had cable or watched tv in 6+ years
>finally go out and get an antenna
>shitload more channels than i remember from before
>a lot of them with fairly good content
>fall in love with television again

and i am now at the point where i need to consider a DVR. should i purchase the channel master DVR, or use a DIY solution like "MythTV"? i do not want anything with service fees.
>>
pls respond

does no body else use an antenna + dvr?
>>
>>66806278
records HDTV at about 6GB/hr but otherwise great....can watch and record at the same time by splitting coax with one going to box and one direct to tv

http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-Homeworx-HW180STB-Converter-Recording/dp/B00IYETYX8
>>
>>66806730
there are other models that do multiple recording, but I haven't looked into those....this was cheap and it works
>>
>>66806730
sounds great, thanks.

are you an "over-the-air" patrician as well?
>>
>>66807031
currently getting about 20 channels (all or nearly all in the are) and that's just with a medium antenna on a 10ft pole on the ground

there's a surprising amount of stuff to watch even with just those few...never had cable and likely never will
>>
File: Antenna_TV_logo.svg.png (24 KB, 397x479) Image search: [Google]
Antenna_TV_logo.svg.png
24 KB, 397x479
>>66807258
damn, i got 60+ channels here in L.A., not including "sub-channels" where it's 18-2, 18-3, etc. this with a generic insignia antenna from best buy.

the best part is that there seems to be more channels with nothing but classic content than i received before with directv, and channels playing nothing but old and obscure movies.

Antenna TV is based af
>>
Over-air is based.

MeTV, GetTV and Antenna Tv are great.

Justice with their Forensic Files can be crack cocaine
>>
>>66807454
>>66807543

the classics are the best: mash, the jeffersons, all in the family, married with children....so much better, despite the laugh tracks (although a lot of those likely weren't at the time)
>>
>>66807454
>i got 60+ channels here in L.A., not including "sub-channels" where it's 18-2, 18-3, etc.

Holy shit, nice.

My second monitor has a TV tuner so I've got a Mohu Leaf hooked up to it. Despite the fact I'm a basement dweller I still get about 20 channels in the middle of Wisconsin, I'm sure if I lived above ground it'd be more. One of the channels is old sci-fi movies, sometimes I turn it on just to have some background noise while I fuck around online.
>>
>>66808303
20 channels? Where in WI are you, Madison here.
>>
I got the AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor TV Antenna. They have a 35 mile and a 50 mile range type. I get about 85 channels in NYC
>>
>>66806278
You can get digital tv with an antennae?

wow, i thought you would not be able to get shit with an antennae when the change over from analog to digital tv broadcasting happened.

Can I just get a antennae in the store and just hook it up to the tv to get channels??
>>
>>66809726
you didn't get a converter box? they'll work even with rabbit ears, just hook it up to the antenna, then out to the tv (the one I posted above works as a converter, plus has hdmi out)

unless your tv is old it should have the converter built in, just attach antenna
>>
Use a RCA roof antenna with a signal booster, get 40+ channels outside of Atlanta.
>>
129 channels here in West Coast BEST COAST Los Angeles.
Only about 30 are watchable... the rest are ching-chong, Mexico or GodSquad

PBS' subchannels are GOAT.
>>
>>66811237
what kind of antenna are you using to get 129 channels? are you including the subchannels in that figure?

>PBS' subchannels are GOAT.

good taste desu
>>
Houston fag reporting, I had rabbit ears for a month when I moved into the new apt. The pro was there was a solid number of HD channels you could catch via antenna. The con was 90% of the channels were Chicano as fuck. Not to passages addiction centers and mesothelioma etc
>>
>>66809438
i wish i lived in a real city
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.