[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its only a movie and there are better ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 297x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 297x446
its only a movie and there are better ones
>>
k
>>
>>66796045
It's only a thread and there are better ones
>>
it's only the best movie ever made
>>
>>66796045
aka every movie ever
>>
>I can't believe I let tv talk me into watching this garbage

It's only a movie and there are worse ones.
>>
>>66796045
THE MAN IS DRY
>>
>>66796090
Early teens and wants to study film. You've got so much to learn pleb
>>
Is that Josuke Higashikata?
>>
>>66796169
>"study" film
>>
>>66796045
False, it's kino.
I admit it's below average kino, but it is clearly kinographic.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 1920x1080
this speech meant fucking nothing to the overall story to me. Felt nothing. Time to die? Good!
>>
>>66796045

Agreed. I used to rant about how it was the best until I rewatched it.

Blade Runner

>MFW Jason Voorhees strippers
>MFW Deckard modifies his voice ridiculously for no reason, since the person he talks to with it never heard his voice before
>MFW replicants have a greenish glow in their eyes which enables easy identification, yet they use high tech Voight-Kampff machines to recognise a replicant because this is almost impossible otherwise
>MFW Deckard makes a move on Rachel, she refuses, he keeps her from leaving, he forces her to say "kiss me" and "I want you" and virtually rapes her
>MFW unicorn out of fucking nowhere for no fucking reason - unless you ask Google, unless that final origami is supposed to be a clue
>MFW Harrison Ford's Funny Face Festival as Leon attacks him
>MFW Deckard's family photos date from the 1800's
>MFW "Tyrell" has two pronunciations within the same movie and his own "niece" can't pronounce it correctly either
>MFW replicants on earth are illegal but Tyrell can do it, have a blade runner over to test it, and nobody minds; Tyrell goes free
>>
File: blade runner chart.jpg (161 KB, 3464x1722) Image search: [Google]
blade runner chart.jpg
161 KB, 3464x1722
>>66796045
I respect your opinion.
It is my favourite movie. Has been ever since I first saw it, 22 year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiNUaOS3mg
>>
>>66796392
messy, but I hear ya! It's convoluted to fuck.
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>66796392
It's definitely not flawless. However, it is still very poetic, thoughtful and tragic.

>Given the replicants' superhuman abilities, their identity as created beings (by Tyrell) and "fall from the heavens" (off-world) makes them analogous to fallen angels
>Zhora's gunshot wounds are both on her shoulder blades. The end result makes her look like an angel whose wings have been cut off.

Pretty cool shit, mate.
>>
>>66796370
Well you suck.
>>
>>66797154
Analyses like this one makes me want to like it more. But I get pulled away by the pretentious neo punk future stuff that all the geeks love for no reason other than its moody and dark.
>>
File: Leon.jpg (68 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
Leon.jpg
68 KB, 500x238
>>66797364
Well I guess that would explain it. I'm a sucker for a good cyberpunk. I guess that makes it easier for me to forgive the flaws.

I found it very slow and boring at parts, and other times the music was distractingly loud and annoying (namely the sex scene [which I also didn't like, but found out that it's only because Harrison Ford hated Sean Young and just couldn't do a passionate love scene with her]), and Harrison Ford looked like he had to take a shit throughout the whole movie.

But it has such cool shit like the replicant Deckard debate, some Descartes, and Roy Batty's whole character. And this motherfucker didn't give any fucks.
>>
>>66796392
please tell me you're baiting and not this clueless
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.