[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/ Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: itspoilsthemovieintheposter.jpg (76 KB, 470x694) Image search: [Google]
itspoilsthemovieintheposter.jpg
76 KB, 470x694
So /tv/

Was it really that bad?
>>
>>66793723
It's okay

I haven't bothered with it since I've watched it but felt no will I'll toward it
>>
>>66793723

I can't fucking believe they left the reason why biologist guy picks up the snake on the cutting room floor
>>
>>66793723
No it's only bad when you nitpick things.
>>
>>66793723
Yes
>>
Pretty much. There are over 2,000 movies worth your time out there. That add's up to over 4,000 hours of content.
This doesn't make the cut.
It's 7/10 visuals with a 5/10 script, and 3/10 acting.
It has it's moments where it makes you think "hey this might actually be a movie", but it's all a ruse. It's not a movie.
>>
>axe on a space ship
>>
>>66793723
It all builds up to the ending and even then the pay off is meh at best. Even the action sequences were pure meh. Very deceptive movie
>>
>>66793784

What was the reason?
>>
>>66793899
The disturbing alien life form that they knew nothing about was cute to him. So he reached out and presented himself to this unknown species from an unknown planet. Twist, it's violent. OH WOW WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED, VERY GOOD WRITING, MUCH WOW
TOO BAD I WAS "NITPICKING" AND DIDNT TURN MY BRAIN OFF TO SHOVE POPCORN INTO MY MOUTH LIKE THIS GUY
>>66793793
>>
>>66793723
It's the worst movie all time I think.
So I really enjoyed it. Every time you would think: "can they fuck up even more, can it be even more retarded" and yessss it can.
>>
>>66793968
>>66793899

They cut a scene where he had encountered one of the worms and it was completely docile.
>>
The intro scene is kino tier.

The squid and the final scenes are cool as well.

Everything in between varies.
>>
You have to watch the entire Alien/Predator/Blade Runner timeline to understand and appreciate whats happening in that movie
>>
>>66793723
Yeah, it really was.
>>
>>66794050
That is interesting. That DEFINITELY would have made it less cringy, but still would have had trouble suspending my disbelief for that.
A quick scene of one not being violent so now he's just gonna start petting all of them? Aren't there also docile gorillas and extremely aggressive gorillas? That's terrible logic to risk your entire life and mission on.
>>
The movie that made me never be hyped for any of Hollywoods shit anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34cEo0VhfGE
>>
>>66793723
This movie is absolutely insulting shit.
>>
>>66793723

No, but expectations were really, really high.

It does have some severe flaws, mostly an incoherent pattern of behaviour for most of the characters.
>>
>>66794050
>They cut a scene where he had encountered one of the worms and it was completely docile.

Really? Damn....

>biologist
>discovers alien life
>doesn't give a fuck, is scared, WUT
>later, same person finds a hissing snake
>OMG SO KYOOT
>dies

Sorry but it comes across as so, so fucking dumb.
>>
>>66795034

Not saying it's perfect, but at least there was some measure of context
>>
>>66794068
>predator
No you don't, that's a separate universe.
The alien skull in Predator 2 is just a little nod to Alien fans, that's it.
>>
>>66795208
>The alien skull in Predator 2 is just a little nod to Alien fans

Honestly the worst thing either franchise did
>>
>>66795208
>No you don't, that's a separate universe.
>The alien skull in Predator 2 is just a little nod to Alien fans, that's it.

100% correct.
>>
no

to me this movie is a retelling of blade runner, but the perspective shifting from humans in the role of engineers, and androids in the role of (murderous and retarded) humans

the humans did something to piss off their creators, and said creators feel justified in wanting to undo their creation. Because that's just how they roll
>>
>>66795549
>a retelling of blade runner,

You say this to sound smart, but you're just a little fucktard from Reddit.

Having similar themes doesn't mean it's a "retelling", that's like saying that whenever I fuck your mom from the back, I'm "retelling" the story of your pitiful creation. No, anon, when I fuck your mom, I just fuck your mom. God forbid I reenact your origin story. Besides, I fuck her in the asshole, so there's that.
>>
>>66794754
this.
it was a solid 7/10, but the expectations and the hype made it feel like 3 on the first watching
>>
>>66795664

add:

>original script raped by Mr. Lost (the plot)
>further raping due to cuts
>choice of obscurity over cool ideas
>deacon alien for no good reason
>doing a reboot without calling it a reboot
>>
>>66795655
>dat projecting
>dat mad frustration

btw it's been established that BR and Alien share the same universe, so a similar motif should easily fit with Prometheus' story

it really is just adding one plus one, but because dumb faggots like keep telling yourselves the movie is bad, you don't pay attention to any of the plot and its concepts - which are definitely worth being analysed. Unlike your mom, who is just a filthy slut
>>
I didn't follow any of the hype and watched it awhile after it was out on Bluray, its very good. Some dumb scenes but nothing too bad.
>>
>>66795239
This.
>>
>>66795912
>btw it's been established that BR and Alien share the same universe, so a similar motif should easily fit with Prometheus' story

>it has been established
>doesn't show how or where

It's not been established. It just has things in common, but that's something you can easily find with dozens of other movies.
>>
GOAT trailer

>BRRRRRRRRWWWWOOOOOMMMMM
>aaRRReeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2IfFUdy8Uw
>>
File: tEKt5.jpg (582 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
tEKt5.jpg
582 KB, 2592x1944
>>66796160
nope

it's official
>>
>>66796359

Sauce? Google gives me Reddit, not going there.
>>
>>66796359

>Shit on a blu ray disc
>>
File: Thehackiestofthemall.jpg (26 KB, 217x280) Image search: [Google]
Thehackiestofthemall.jpg
26 KB, 217x280
>>66793723
It still makes me angry to think of how so much potential was squandered. Everything about it looked great, I was so hyped after the trailer. But you know what doesn't come across in a trailer with no dialogue? Terrible writing. I didn't think it would be possible to screw things up as badly as this chucklefuck did.
>>
>>66793723
nej
>>
>>66797004

>that necklace
>queer earring

No surprise there.
>>
>>66796359
And the Kurt Russel film, Soldier.
>>
>>66797004

Ridley to be fair is just as much to blame for the clusterfuck
>>
Daily reminder that literally keeping this scene in would have made the film make sense in the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJOv6a_uzNo
>>
>>66797453

>Scott doesn't do long versions

What a fucking piece of cunt.
>>
>>66795208
An AVP didnt happen or the canon storyline on whats been happening?

It's like people never bothered to watch the entire series
>>
>>66793847
Is this strange to you?
>>
>>66795549
>retelling of blade runner
>Weyland Cooperation trying to investigate the ongoing conspiracy of the Engineers and the Earth

The whole movie is about Bishop Weyland's ambition of information
>>
>>66793723
Bait & Switch: the anti-climatic scifi adventure
>>
>>66796359
Source? is that from a blu ray?
>>
>>66793723
People don't like it because they had to think
>>
>>66798033
Not only that but the technology used by both franchises are from the Weyland or Weyland subsidiaries

Blade runner/Soldier/Prometheus then Alien
>>
>>66797119
>>66798144
Why Soldier? Ridley produced that shit?
>>
>>66798208
oh, i just found it on wikipedia:

>Soldier was written by David Peoples, who co-wrote the script for Blade Runner. By his own admission, he considers Soldier to be a "spin-off sidequel"-spiritual successor to Blade Runner, seeing both films as existing in a shared fictional universe.[4] It also obliquely references various elements of stories written by Philip K. Dick (who wrote the novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", on which Blade Runner is based), or film adaptations thereof. A "Spinner" vehicle from Blade Runner can be seen in the wreckage on a junk planet that features in the film.[5]

>There are also several dialogue references to events such as "Tannhauser Gate" from Blade Runner.
Wrecked spinners (flying cars) from Blade Runner appear at one point;
The super soldiers featured in Soldier are heavily implied within the film to be replicants
>>
>>66798252

Too bad Soldier is shit
>>
>>66794051
what about the legendary abortion scene
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.