[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of this show? I just finished it and thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 600x389
What did /tv/ think of this show? I just finished it and thought it was 10/10. Definitely in my top 5 series. Despite all the faggotry (which honestly what the fuck did I expect? It is about a prison.) it still turned out to be a great show with lots of fucking brutal moments.
>>
>>66791868
>10/10
You got shit taste anon
>>
It became way to over the top each season.
>>
>>66791897
Give me one flaw big enough for it not to be 10/10 without nitpicking.
>>
>>66791868
It was a good show in its time. It's not in my top 5 but it makes the top 20. It started off really good and turned ridiculous in later seasons. Also, all the literal faggotry was a bit much.
>>
>>66792109
I never really thought it got ridiculous. Over the top? Sometimes, but never quite ridiculous. And yes the faggotry was a bit much but like I said it's prison what did you expect?
>>
>>66792192
Some of the things the characters did were just unreasonable. Like WTF Dr. Gloria still sticking around and having weird hot/cold attraction to O'Reilly, her rapist and guy who had her husband killed?
>>
>>66791868
They put the focus on said when they should have put it on adebisi.
>>
>>66792326
She was terrified of o'reily throughout the show. She only started to fall for him when he killed her rapist and gave her his necklace as proof. Is she fucking retarded for falling for him? Oh yeah, but that was far from unrealistic.
>>
>>66792435
The focus was on literally everybody. Every group and it's leader had entire episodes dedicated to them, and episodes where they didn't even show up.
>>
>>66791868

Beecher is best girl
>>
>>66792006
aging pills
>>
>>66792006
A show designed for realism introduced a story line in which magical pills aged prisoners rapidly.
Now, I loved OZ but that was bad, and it's still hard to stomach on the rewatch
>>
>>66792792
Ok I'll give you that. 9/10. That part was fucking ridiculous but all the gangster shit going down took my mind off of it pretty quick. I'm pretty sure that season is where Alvarez got out of solitary and slit a mother fuckers throat on the way back to his cell and got thrown right back in.
>>
>it's another new arrival gets immediately killed episode
I love this show but don't say it doesn't get outrageously over the top in the later seasons. They had that badass prison riot at the end of season 1 and you could tell that they were going out of their way to top the scale of that in every subsequent season. Towards the end it was just a revolving door of people coming in and getting murdered.
>>
Which gang would you be in?

Me? AB
>>
>>66793202
I already said it gets pretty over the top but over the top =/= ridiculous. And the new arrivals weren't always killed on the spot some of them got to have an arc of their own. And really that's all that was happening in the end? What about Cyril's execution? What about the anthrax outbreak (which I didn't necessarily like but it was definitely not expected and not a new inmate being murdered.), what about kellers suicide that he made look like a murder? And I'm pretty sure it was the last season when Beecher got paroled.
>>
>>66793375

Like they would take your faggoty, degenerate prag ass. You'd be lucky to end up in the others.
>>
>>66793454
Oh my god my sides are in orbit
>>
>>66793375
Which ones were the two old jews? The outsiders? Nobodies? Something like that. Those two were my favorite characters. I'd just sit and play cards and watch TV all day with them.
>>
>>66793495
Yes they're the others, and I'm with you the only kind of shit they ever ended up in was their own fault. I lost my shit when they were tunneling out and mcmanus tells the one he can get married "BUT NO MORE GODDAMN TUNNELS!" Then he goes to fill in his tunnel and busts a pipe and gets caught.
>>
>>66793495

The others, along with the wheelchair dude and Beecher.
>>
>>66793454
I'd let tempo dude fuck my boipussi
>>
It's goofy, cheesy and ridiculous at points but still entertaining as fuck with some fantastic characters

Great show
>>
File: 1373671406354.png (175 KB, 287x327) Image search: [Google]
1373671406354.png
175 KB, 287x327
Stuff that was great about Oz
>Augustus's speeches at the start and end of each episode.
Clever way of giving some explanitory dialogue of the deeper themes that ran throughout the show.
I mean it is about the characters and the things we all deal with at times or how people feel when they are put in different type of situations or are subjected to the will of others.

>Beecher
Probably one of the few long running characters that deserved remorse or one you could feel something for. The mindfuck when he gets out and it's all just a ruse as the female lawyer says "nope" afterwards made me truely sad.

>Violence and deaths
The first episode alone was amazing.
The whole fued between the italians and the blacks.
Adebisi raping the guy and his death by in s4.
The inevitable death of either Beecher and/or Schillinger and the constant tension between them.
O'reilly being the insubsequent reason for the death of a number of people was also pleasant to watch as he manipulated his way throughout the prison.
I thought Poet also had good story line. Adebisi having Wangler shot was somewhat surprising but him sticking the old mob boss with the aids needle was brilliant as it makes his transformation into his old self complete.

>Religion, race and culture
This was done really well desu, it showed a number of ways of how religion, race and culture could make or break someone.
Some things that come to mind is Kareem banishing the other muslim who didn't help him as he had a heart attack. Various race wars, also the fact that woman even though she was on death row and wrote love letters to "simon" rejected him as he showed up due to the fact he was a nigger.
Hell even the politician and the black warden were at it with eachother. As more and more restrictions are put on Oz and its prisoners.
Alvarez not being 100% latino and forced to gauge out the eyes of the officer, that one nazi officer who did favors for the aryans, etc.
>>
>>66793894
Agreed on all points. The Beecher arc was heart-wrenching, seeing him be pushed over the edge in season 1 to the point of him literally shitting on schillinger then going crazy, and finally settling back down only to have his fucking wife and one of his kids murdered. Not gonna lie that shit made me tear up. Same with when Cyril was executed, was fighting back tears the whole time he was getting put it the chair, just to be faked out then have it happen 2 episodes later.
>>
>>66793375
you would be stuck in it even when you got out of OZ
>>
>>66794533
This. Once you're in a gang you're with it for life, or a traitor. And if you're a traitor the rest of your life isn't gonna be very long.
>>
The ending was stupid.
>>
>>66796208
I liked it. Everyone that deserved to die did, and it was so fucking satisfying watching Beecher kill schillinger in front of everyone. And they left it open for it to come back years later with McManus saying "I don't know when but someday we will be coming back to oz."
>>
Miguel Alverez storylines always fucked me up. Even at the end, when he finally wanted to change, he realized he couldint.

Also J.K. Simmons plays a god tier villain.
>>
File: 1456694144531.gif (497 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
1456694144531.gif
497 KB, 300x126
>>66792715
>being a prag
>>
>>66793894
>Alvarez not being 100% latino
He was. Did you miss the point? He was called out for not being committed enough. This is touched on in the earlier seasons when he just plays inactive boss.

Other than that. I agree with you 200%
>>
>>66793894
>>66796618

He was lightskinned ans they always gave him shit about it. Not sure if he was full Latino though
>>
>>66796690
>Not sure if he was full Latino though
Did you see his parents?
>>
>>66797157

Ah ok. I dont remember seeing his parents.
>>
>>66797202
Alvarez was a shit leader because he was a street punk trying to be mr.cartel. In the end, he got turned into a prag.
>>
>>66791868
Im watching sixth season which is the weakest one yet but seasons 1,2,3 and 1st half of season 4 are amazing. 2nd half of season 4 had the bullshit aging pills which was joke. Season 5 was good Omar is great. What i love about the show are the characters. I probably havent seen a tv show with so many great characters: Beecher, Keller, Schillinger, Alvarez, Adebisi, Reabedow, McMannus etc. It will probably end in my top 5 but it had couple of stupid things in it but its drama not reality show. Busmalis digging tunel 3 times was a joke just like aging pills and some characters decisions.
>>
>>66799019
Yea but Busmalis' tunnels were meant to be funny, I laughed my ass off every time those old motherfuckers were digging tunnels. The aging pills were fucking retarded though.
>>
Who had the best celebrity cameo in the show?

Best death?

Best sex?
>>
It wasn't as enjoyable after adebisi died, but the Beecher-Keller story line kept me interested.

The pilot episode is one of the best pilots though
>>
>>66801228
Can't really think of any celebrities so I'll just say my favorite character, it's o'reily.
Best death is adebisi, or when the one dude that kept getting fucked with got that gun and killed a few people, and Keller just walked out like a fucking badass not giving a fuck that he was shooting people. And best sex is probably when Keller snapped that dudes neck when he was sucking him off if that counts.
>>
>>66792792
kek
btfo
and /thread
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.