[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no reviews Will it suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 10 cloverfield lane.png (478 KB, 1071x597) Image search: [Google]
10 cloverfield lane.png
478 KB, 1071x597
>no reviews
Will it suck?
>>
Of course it will.
But it will get great reviews initially, and in a couple months everyone will realize it was not very good.
This is the trend for everything that has JJ abrams is involved in any way.
>>
>>66792034
Mission Impossible 3 is still good.
>>
>>66792034
>But it will get great reviews initially, and in a couple months everyone will realize it was not very good.

i feel like the word everyone is being used very loosely here.
>>
>>66791157

Almost definitely.
>>
>>66791157
Mediocre, just like its big brother.
>>
>>66791157
its got sullivan/that crazy fucker from barton fink so it'll be a modest success at the minimum
>>
>tfw bought pre-sale IMAX tickets when they first dropped
>periodically check news about the movie
>"Cloverfield Monster not in movie"
>"10 Cloverfield Lane takes place in a 'Different Timeline' than Cloverfield"
>"Much of the movie is spent in the bunker"

just kill me now senpai
>>
Yes it will.
But RT will give it a >90% score because shills.
>>
I imagine it'll be very whatever-y.
But the ARG was cool. I'm probably gonna see it anyway, I liked cloverfield.

>>66792284
When did they say it was a different timeline? I know about that other stuff, but the different timeline thing kinda makes me happy considering there are rumours that aliens are in it
>>
>>66792325
>>66792284
I've found one article of it saying it was in a different timeline and it really just looks like someone shoved all the vague information we know together in a half-assed way and added in some fake quotes
>>
>>66792325
>When did they say it was a different timeline?
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/06/10-cloverfield-lane-joins-j-j-abrams-cloververse

>“They’re not in the same timeline,” director Dan Trachtenberg confirmed during interviews for the film Sunday. The secrecy surrounding the movie “was very much J. J.’s thing, and it was something I hoped would come to fruition in terms of the marketing and the trailer and all that stuff. It’s so exciting to hearken back to a time when we only found out about a movie from its trailer.”
>>
Mixed reviews
>>
>>66792588
I want to believe, because a series of movies based on different apocalyptic monster events sounds comfy, but the more I look it up, the more I think it may have just been bad wording on his part.

Plus, some reviews have made it seem like that first thing with the aliens may have been false entirely. I wouldn't put it behind them to try to make the movie seem like something entirely different riiiight up until its released. We'll see I guess.
>>
So is John Goodman's character just a mentally ill guy that kidnaps people to 'keep them safe' from some impending doom he has visions about?
>>
>>66792815
Kinda, but the implication seems to be that he's a rapist
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.