[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is it to get on a game like deal or no deal at some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: deal or no deal.jpg (69 KB, 634x380) Image search: [Google]
deal or no deal.jpg
69 KB, 634x380
How hard is it to get on a game like deal or no deal at some point during your life?

Surely if you apply over and over and over for the rest of your life, you'll one day get the acceptance. I remember there was once a time on Who wants to be a millionaire where someone had 3 relatives who had also been on it and said they just tried hard to get on the show and did.

Has anyone of you applied for game shows and got on?
>>
>>66789601
I knew someone who got on

they won a quid.
>>
>>66789632
if you're a greedy mongoloid you can get nothing but usually can get around 10 grand for doing essentially nothing

Did the person reject good offers?
>>
you shouldnt have to worry, because you fucking sure as hell wont have the personality to be chosen.

even if you did somehow get in, your episode wouldnt air because of how fucking embarrassing it would look
>>
>>66789663
they all reject good offers. They think they're being reasonable aiming for £30k, and refuse anything below it
>>
>>66789672
you need a hug my man

>>66789686
some get fucked over from the off but yeh, for the most part people deal too late
>>
I was supposed to be on Tipping Point but I accidentally told the guy to fuck off when they called. I thought it was a sales call.
>>
>>66789976
how do you know that now if you thought it was a sales call
>>
>>66789601
It's filmed a few miles away from me, might crash it one day.
>>
I'm pretty GOAT at Pointless most of the time, I've thought about applying for it even though it's only usually a couple of thousand quid.
>>
i know two people who have been on gameshows. one went on countdown and won. another went on the chase and lost.

i really want to go on pointless but i don't have the balls to apply because i'm fat and the thought of being on tv makes me ill.
>>
>>66789976
looks like you reached your tipping point with cold callers
>>
>>66790177
it's all about that pointless trophy dude, although the jackpot gets pretty high sometimes.
>it's a sports round
fucking kill me
>>
>>66790177
i'm usually alright until the final round where i never know any pointless answers. I got my first and second ever in the pointless answers in finals both recently

feelin' good about me
>>
I've been on Jeopardy and won it twice. Not even kidding.

That's what I get for being a trivia autist
>>
>>66790273

> Guy spends the whole show going on about wanting music questions since he knows so much
> Gets to final round
> Music is an option
> Gets asked "Name a song from the Nirvana album Nevermind"
> Answers "Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium, Come as You Are"
> Fails
> Every single song on the album except those three was a pointless answer
>>
>>66789601
I'll say this, getting onto pointless used to be very easy. A few of my uni mates got on there in a few weeks.

It's got like a 2 year wait list now.
>>
>>66790361
jesus christ
>>
>>66790361

There are contestants that appear more than once though.

Last minute cancellations on the filming day?
>>
>>66790395
you get to appear on the show again if you don't win on your first show.

also they have had episodes where they bring back people who got knocked out in the first round both times.
>>
>>66790361
I'm not surprised. Nobody ever used to fucking win it, now there's a winner every other episode because they expanded the options for the final round (which was probably the right decision in all fairness). I can't remember the last time the jackpot exceeded five grand. Mind you I miss it quite a lot, so there's that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0lW6TQY4ec

that christmas episode of pointless where they had a band playing on the show
>>
>>66789663
On the flipside, I think you'd probably never forgive yourself if you accepted 8k and then went on to have the 250k box.
>>
>>66790535
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>66790601
I don't think i would, you just accept from the start that there's a slim chance of getting 250k that's not worth prusuing. To just be content with playing the odds I think I'd be fine so long as i think i did that well.

plus there's all those studies about people who've won huge sums of money and have ended up depressed so that's one way to lgithen the blow
>>
My boss got accepted

Quite his job because he assumed he'd win big

Left with £50
>>
>>66790888
No one can live off of even optimist expectations of winnings of deal or no deal for very long...
>>
File: 1457032652830.gif (2 MB, 300x257) Image search: [Google]
1457032652830.gif
2 MB, 300x257
>it's a Richard unfavourably compares Alexander to Ben Miller episode
>>
>>66790203
Kekked
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.