[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the greatest war movies of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: w09_06010153.jpg (634 KB, 1247x1081) Image search: [Google]
w09_06010153.jpg
634 KB, 1247x1081
What are the greatest war movies of all time?
>>
>>66787040
It Ain't Me
>>
Help
>>
Saving Private Ryan
>>
>>
Paths of Glory
Thin Red Line
>>
>>66787406
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
Black Hawk Down
>>
>>
>>66787458
Oh fuck off, it's a good war movie.
>>
Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
>>
>>66787040

Heres the obvious Come and See post

Watch Come and See
>>
/thread
>>
>>66787040
Nearly every 60/70's war epic was god tier:

The Longest Day
The Battle of Britain
A Bridge Too Far
Tora Tora Tora
Midway
The Battle of the Bulge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-hitUJw92E
>>
>>66787910
Yes that was Ho Chi Minh Vs. Lee Emery in a battle to the death & yes that child was a metaphor for the South Vietnamese as a whole.

Hilarious & true. One fucking hell of a war movie.
>>
I can't get into the older war movies.
I can't get used to the overly dramatic deaths, the constant hip firing that wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn, how the actors look too clean, and the terrible audio the gunshots make. Fuck me.
>>
>>66788077
I'd recommend The Steel Helmet and The Story of GI Joe. Both are as melodramatic as anything from that era but are also a lot more gritty, and The Steel Helmet is extremely pessimistic. Both early stepping stones to the post-Nam war films
>>
File: zulu.jpg (65 KB, 332x475) Image search: [Google]
zulu.jpg
65 KB, 332x475
As if that's a question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI
>>
File: The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg (93 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg
93 KB, 299x400
>>
>>66787040
Saving Ryan's Privates.
>>
>>66788077
>how do I suspend disbelief
I pity you
>>
>>66787040

All Quiet On The Western Front (1930)
>>
>>66787844
Midway kinda sucks with its shoe horned racial mixing subplot
>>
>>66788408
get that pretentious shit out of here
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.