[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elric of Melnibone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Elric.jpg (67 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
Elric.jpg
67 KB, 800x475
After all this time it still hasn't had a live action adaption, the closest thing we've had is that guy from Hellboy 2 or that guy from the Time Machine movie. It's 2016 people, let's get this done.
>>
Have you ever noticed that all Elric-esque characters are Mary Sues, but no Conan-esque characters ever are?

Conan is the pure manifestation of mankind's lust of power and glower. Elric is the manifestation of the angry beta who had a crush on Conan's girlfriend and spent time writing fanfiction about himself instead of getting /fit/
>>
>>66786411
Yeah, all of Moorcock's characters are like that. Total chad thundercocks half of the time who are rolling in pussy.
>>
Elirc's too weird for normie's too get into. There's too much fantastical stuff, unlike GoT, which is just an edgier middle ages.
>>
Starring Michael B. Jordan as Elric
>>
Great bait. Elric a Mary Sue. Right. Royalty. Albino. Hated by everyone. Fucked by a cursed sword.
>>
>>66786474
>edgier middle ages

Got is a watered down middle ages
>>
Fucks his own sister who gets murdered.
Becomes addicted to the evil sword.
Manipulated by the Lords of Chaos.
>>
>>66786640
Adolescent fantasy with rape and random violence. Pedo subtext.
>>
File: elric_by_artbyjts-d3a6n08.jpg (220 KB, 800x1085) Image search: [Google]
elric_by_artbyjts-d3a6n08.jpg
220 KB, 800x1085
>>66786697
cousin, not sister
but still
>>
>>66786728
In the middle ages that was called Lent.
>>
>>66786733
I'm mixing up with Jerry Cornelius which is the alt universe version, sorry.
>>
>>66786367
Sure is Drizzt in here
>>
>>66786774
Nah. He's not a tragic figure. He is the 'good Drow' stereotype who ends up as a ranger.
>>
OP caught out posting random bait he's never heard of.
>>
Is there even a solid Elric STORY. Isn't it just a ton of short stories / novellas that are all vaguely similar with no real order or continuity?
>>
>>66787006
Yes there are solid stories and a throughline.
A film trilogy would probably pick and choose the best of them.
From origin to shocking demise.
>>
I think a videogame about this accursed sorcerer albino betaconan would sell like cupcakes! What do you think, Geralt?
>>
He has almost nothing in common with Conan.
>>
>>66786411
Wouldn't that go against Elric's entire character? Been a while since I read the books, but I remember Elric as one pig the least Mary Sue protags of high fantasy in a long time.
Then again I'm seeing what they're doing to dark tower and I'm scared. Leave Elric alone.
>>
I want an adaptation of Moorcock's 'Behold the Man'.

Christcucks would get BTFO'd
>>
>>66788124
He is literally fucked from birth to death.He couldn't be less of a Mary Sue than this.
>>
>>66788148
The tippest of all books, m'sieur.
>>
>>66788148
yes this would be awesome. It will never happen of course
>>
File: cerebusgn01s.jpg (286 KB, 720x1050) Image search: [Google]
cerebusgn01s.jpg
286 KB, 720x1050
Cerebus movie when?
>>
>>66788199
How is 'Behold the Man' fedora? It's a great novella.

Also, since we're at it, I want an adaptation of 'The Dancers at the End of Time'. And the shitty CGI would actually have an in-universe explanation for looking so plastic and fake. And Elric even appears in a segment.
>>
Elric film trilogy proposal
Elric I - Origins. Melnibone setup. Addiction to drugs. The quest for the Black Sword. His rivalry with Yyrkoon and the death of Cymoril.
Elric II - Wandering. His manipulation by Arioch. Theleb K'aarna.
Elric III - conclusion. Big battles. Face off with all his enemies. THAT ending.
>>
>>66788534
>part two - Wandering

Jesus christ ideascum are literally the worst posters. Learn how a basic three act structure works before shitting your ideas on us.
>>
>>66788578
What does anything you just typed actually mean beyond some kind of mindless abuse by a psychopath?
>>
>>66788399
Jaka's Story is best Cerebus.
>>
>>66786367
Because he's the Eternal Adolescent.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.