[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke: >What's in there? Yoda: >Only what you take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: thinkingmaleyaddle.jpg (168 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
thinkingmaleyaddle.jpg
168 KB, 1024x576
Luke:
>What's in there?
Yoda:
>Only what you take with you.

What did he mean by this?
>>
The line is
>only wha'tchutake wit'thew
Which is an old Whlek word for "a big scary Darth Vader"

It's like you've never read any of the books
>>
>>66786260
He meant his emotions.
Luke was fighting his own hatred and dark side in the cave. The fact that he defeated it shows his light side would prevail.

Why did you even need to ask this?
>>
File: Artoo being a little shit.webm (3 MB, 1000x702) Image search: [Google]
Artoo being a little shit.webm
3 MB, 1000x702
What if he took Artoo with him?
>>
What would Luke have seen if he didn't take the lightsaber?
>>
>>66787163
no you idiot, he wasnt supposed to kill the dark side apparition
>your weapons, you will not need them
>>
>>66787180
He would have had to fight C3P0, it would have been dank.
>>
>>66787180
Why not just take Yoda with him?
>>
>>66786260
>I cooked you magic 'shrooms
>>
>>66787216
But if he had not beheaded the hallucination, he would not have seen his own face in Vader's helmet and not had an epiphany about falling to the dark side. Lucas makes this shit up as he goes.
>>
>>66787353
But if he hadn't beheaded the apparition, then he wouldn't have given into his anger in the first place and falling to the dark side wouldn't even have been something to worry about.
>>
File: 1453606643492.jpg (151 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1453606643492.jpg
151 KB, 960x960
>>66787353
point is he failed the test by submitting to anger/fear/hatred i.e. dark side emotions and killing the spooky ghost vader. his face in the helmet showed that if he lets anger take hold, he will become what he swore to destroy. he succeeded the test in rotj when he calmly threw down his weapon and declared "i am a jedi, like my father before me."
>>
>>66786260
He didn't get to bring friends.
>>
>>66787245
He's a small guy
>>
>>66788805
For Yoda.
>>
>>66787245
Yoda doesnt want.
Go with Luke, he dont want.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.