[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people use manchild as an insult? Shouldn't staying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 640x361
Why do people use manchild as an insult? Shouldn't staying youthful in your interests instead of old and yucky be a good thing?
>>
>>66784058
>Shouldn't staying youthful in your interests instead of old and yucky be a good thing?
No, your interests should mature as you mature over time.

When your interests don't mature, it's a sign that you yourself haven't matured.

Like what you want, though.
>>
>>66784680

Nuh uh
>>
>>66784058
>Shouldn't staying youthful in your interests instead of old and yucky be a good thing
what kind of logic is this? who thought you that?
>>66784680
this, plus you will mature forever until you die and you will still be immature about something
>>
Youthful as in spry, athletic, energetic, not youthful as in not knowing how to cook and needing mommy to do your laundry while you read comics.
>>
>>66784696
Nuh uh to "like what you want?"

Okay. Like what you don't want.
>>
>>66784058
Because /tv/ is the board filled with the most insecure normalfags not knowing this was an anime site

>>66784680
>>66784825
Just look at these faggots
>>
>>66784680
>No, your interests should mature as you mature over time.
that just doenst happen to the average person
most older people still enjoy stuff they liked when they were younger, they don't give a shit about most modern shit
>>
>>66784969
Yeah, it does.

For example: my friend like drawing when he was a kid. If this interest didn't mature and he were still doing the same scribbles he did as a child, he'd be nowhere. Instead, his art matured with him and he now does it for a living.
>>
>>66784969
that's taste, it has nothing to do with interest or opinion
>>
>>66784058
>staying youthful

There is no such a thing. And liking films done to grab The Whole Family Money doesn't make you any younger.

How can adults b satisfied consuming those frigid "youthfull" products?

I get liking Super Heros, but I bet the film in OP's image is trash.
>>
>>66785039
we're talking about two different things here

developing a vocation as job is not the same as watching movies with superheroes to pass time
>>
>Shouldn't staying youthful in your interests instead of old and yucky be a good thing
Do manchildren actually believe this kind of shit LOL

Ye bro keep putting up comic book posters and action figures up in your room at age 40. Totally OK.
>>
>>66785218
Keep being a wageslave in a shitty corporation while getting cucked by your wife dumb normie

We enjoy our life unlike you
>>
>>66785218
You sound very mature, real talk.
>>
>>66785247
>We enjoy our life
Explain /r9k/
>>
>>66785170
We're talking about interests.

Do you like superheroes the same way you did when you were a child? Do you go out to the playground and pretend you're a superhero with your friends?

You can enjoy the same things you liked as a kid, but the way you enjoy them certainly evolves (or it doesn't and you're that weird guy).
>>
comic book movies should be fun with awesome witty lines and quirky humor. i mean, if it doesn't have the snarky one liners, might as well just call it a book instead of comic book! haha

fuck dc
>>
>>66785218
but it is totally ok, as mentioned above many times you can like what ever the fuck you want.
if you want to hang animes posters in your room at age 40 it doesn't mean you're a manchild AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHAT IS TASTE AND WHAT IS OPINION

Taste- i like anime
Opinion- Anime is good
>>
>>66785247

>we enjoy our life unlike you

Why are you lying dude? We all know you're a bitter manchild virgin who finds escapism in his comic book movies. No need to pretend, barely fighting back the tears every night.
>>
>>66785354
>all that projection
lmao salty normie is salty
>>
>>66784058
Because we should all turrn into bitter and grumpy pessimists who only watch war documentaries and tragedies by the age of 30
>>
way to derail a good discussion, four channers
>>
>>66785353
I like your mom, and your mom is good.
>>
>>66785366

It's no projection. I've lived the NEET life. I can say with full confidence that if you're a NEET who spends any significant amount of time on 4chan arguing about capeshit movies, you don't enjoy your life whatsoever.
>>
File: 1454459914387.png (103 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1454459914387.png
103 KB, 1437x908
>>
>>66785453
That's is indeed projection.
You =/= anon

Your life experiences are not universal.
>>
>>66785599

kek, keep trying to project that you're a happy neet who is fully satisfied about being a manchild.
>>
Would this be better for you?

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>>
>>66785758
Do you even know what project means? I'm just trying to explain to you that people are different from each other and have different experiences.

You actually sound very immature.
>>
>>66785798
I always agree with this every time it's posted, but Simon Pegg is a fucking tasteless manchild. Aside from his acting and his thoughts on nerd culture, he's a living breathing inauthentic walking video game meme redditor
>>
>>66785798
This makes sense. Is it too late for me at 37 to get my life together.
>>
>>66785968
>living breathing inauthentic walking video game meme redditor
kek could you spew buzzwords any ahrder
>>
>>66785798
Alec Guinness was such an asshole. If that was a grown man who had told him that fine, but a 12 year old kids are allowed to be really into childish things. Also 100 times was almost certainly an exaggeration. Kid thought he'd impress him.

Asshole.
>>
>>66786149
Alec Guinness was old then even. He was raised in a different time. He probably thought watching SW hundreds of times would destroy this kids life. Alec just wanted the 12 year old to get laid one day, hopefully soon if he got his shit together.

They apparently wrote him a letter thanking him years later or something
>>
>>66784058
Not really, when you mentally stay at the age of 12 forever it means you are simply retarded and has delays in mental development.
>>
>>66785154
>staying youthful
>There is no such a thing
This is very true. Your body will age and became old anyway, your mind also will age, you will have worse memory etc. You can't deceive nature. To behave as a child at the older age is a mental disorder, just imagine how it would look.

>How can adults b satisfied consuming those frigid "youthful" products?
Also this. It will be very strange if simply written and naive children movies would still appeal to an adult who has a certain life experience. Wouldn't you want something more complicated and better written over the time? It 's called having standards.
>>
>>66786503
>They apparently wrote him a letter thanking him years later or something

I need a source of this.
>>
>>66787136
Not necessarily. You could say a lot of creative people have a certain childishness about them, but it hardly defines them as individuals or their actual range of interests and tastes.
>>
>>66784058
>Manchildren believe this
>>
>>66787136
There's a lot of "child-friendly" media that adults enjoy quite a lot, if only for visual flair. Sometimes people are in the mood for a simpler story or for shit that isn't edgy grimdark HBO bullshit where everybody is having sex or killing each other...or maybe they just want some color and positivity in their media for a little while. The idea that someone reaches a certain age and just only ever consumes "adult" oriented media is ridiculous, almost nobody does this especially not in the modern era of animated kids stuff being more than just commercials for toys.

In any case, "manchild" is just a shame-tactic normies (particularly women) and kikes use to guilt NEETs and other unambitious young men into working harder. It's not necessarily a bad thing in many ways but you will notice that it's never applied to women because society treats them as children forever.
>>
>>66785323
>Do you go out to the playground and pretend you're a superhero with your friends?
It is 2016 m8. Nobody goes out anymore except pre-school walked out by their mommas. And yes people of all ages go into virtual reality with their friends and pretend that they are superheroes.
>>
>>66784680
This is true
>>
>>66789702
>media
>consume
>consumes
>media

these words trigger me so fucking much. Fuck media. I want to destroy and kill all media. I want to remove the word "consumer" from the english language.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.