[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they need someone who "knows New York" in an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: gb.jpg (72 KB, 535x613) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
72 KB, 535x613
Why do they need someone who "knows New York" in an age of smart phones, Google Maps, people tweeting where they saw ghosts etc.? I feel like this is a 1984 relic they forget to get rid of
>>
Shes the smartest in the group retard
>>
Electronics aren't always accurate.
>>
They just had to find something realistic a black woman might now.
>>
this is a really superfluous gripe OP, just say you wanna circlejerk over this flick and be honest
>>
>>66766110
i can tell you dont travel much, because google maps is shit
>>
you don't get it OP, they might be good with those fancy electronic thingymajigs but she KNOWS NEW YORK

AND SHE CAN BORROW HER UNCLES CAR
>>
>>66766110

Shes street smart. She knows the people. She knows the ins and outs of all the forgotten shit in the city. When you're dealing with a city like New York you need someone like that. Ask anyone that has done urban exploration in any major city. The amount of new stuff built on top of the old means a lot isn't even on maps.

The only annoying part of her character is the stereotypical negress act, but then again maybe the actress just doesn't have range.
>>
I watched a SNL sketch where Kenan Thompson had to say she was his wife. I had a chuckle as I pity him in that scene.
Anywho, the more you talk about this shit the more press it gets.
>>
>>66766110
>I'm an autist who doesn't understand social norms so I'll pretend not to like this movie for reasons that are absurd.
>>
>>66766470
Pretty much all their characters are one dimensional stereotypes. I can't wait for the SJWs to balk about how strong and empowering they are when they're cheap run of the mill archetypes.
>>
>>66766186
This
>>
>>66766110
>Google Maps
>Helping anyone survive, let alone navigate New York
>>
>>66766110
It's probably less "street smart" and more MTA smart. Well if the went the Ghostbusters 2, ectoplasm in the subways route, but I don't think the writers thought very much past making each scene an snl skit.
>>
She seems to be the most interesting character in this new flick to be quite honest with you family

When it's Queen Latifah or Whoopi being sassy nigress nobody bats an eye...
>>
>>66767864
>When it's Queen Latifah or Whoopi being sassy nigress nobody bats an eye...

Have you actually seen any movies with them? Because they are far more articulate and way funnier than Leslie has ever been, take that shitty comparison somewhere else.
>>
>>66766110
Check your priv, that's a racist question. Thread will be deleted like the one a few minutes ago that questioned her great nigger ways.
>>
>>66766722
I've seen a lot of black people complain about how stereotypical Jones' character is
>>
She a Scientist of the STREETS
>>
"It's a Cadillac!" is the only funny line in the trailer

You're all just being racist
>>
>>66766470
>She knows the ins and outs of all the forgotten shit in the city.

How?
For all we know she's the average 30 year old with a shitty job in the subway. How much can she know?

She's too young to know from experience and too "average person" to be a historian.
>>
>>66768074
She obviously LIVES in the subway lines
>>
Even if gmaps weren't shit, no amount of technology will ever surpass the power of street knowledge.
>>
>>66768074
>30 year old

>>
>>66768233
really?
>>
>>66768074
>30
Lol what, she looks late 40s.
>>
>>66768380
Yea, she worked clubs and played comedy specials for decades before "breaking through."
>>
>>66768074
Haven't you heard. Now she is a "municipal historian".

=
>>
>>66766110
Because Google Maps is a scary thing yo.
>>
>>66766110
Why do we need black people in an age of mechanized machinery and abolition.
I feel like they are a relic of pre-19th century Southern aristocracy people forget to get rid of.
>>
>>66766923
Its good enough for me when i'm in Texas and Guadalajara (^;
>>
File: kek.jpg (71 KB, 526x235) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
71 KB, 526x235
>>66766110
>>
>>66766485
Not to mention Kenan's actual wife is fucking hot (she's the one holding the cup)
>>
File: Christina-Evangeline-Beach.jpg (121 KB, 640x808) Image search: [Google]
Christina-Evangeline-Beach.jpg
121 KB, 640x808
>>66771883
Sorry, the pic didn't post
>>
>>66767942
I doubt it. Only ignorant black people if you arent telling a lie.

Because her character is based on her. Her real life everyday buy grocery, watch television, and fuck persona. To say she is only a stereotype is to marginalize her ACTUAL life.
>>
>>66772042

>To say she is only a stereotype is to marginalize her ACTUAL life.

And what's wrong with that? She's a dumb nigger that's been acting like a dumb nigger for 40+ years, it's all her standup is, it's all her twitter is, it's all she is. Those people are right. Just because that's who she really is doesn't mean she shouldn't be chastised for it.
>>
>>66772250
>Just because that's who she really is doesn't mean she shouldn't be chastised for it.

That's NOT what they are saying. Most of these people don't even know enough to acknowledge that her character is a anything but an artificial jew meme for the kino.
>>
File: Born 2 Kill.png (197 KB, 367x367) Image search: [Google]
Born 2 Kill.png
197 KB, 367x367
>>66766110

To make urban trash feel better about the fact that they have no skills other than "street smarts."
>>
If they wanted more women in Ghostbusters they could of included Phantasma from Scooby Doo
>>
>>66766110

she probably knows the gritty parts of ny where the ghosts come out and shit.
>>
>>66766722

>balk

that word doesn't work there
>>
>>66766110
It takes more than an app to know a city you basement dweller
>>
Here's what Ernie Hudson said about his character, Winston, of the original Ghostbusters.

>When I originally got the script, the character of Winston was amazing and I thought it would be career-changing. The character came in right at the very beginning of the movie and had an elaborate background: he was an Air Force major something, a demolitions guy. It was great.

>The night before filming begins, however, I get this new script and it was shocking.

>The character was gone. Instead of coming in at the very beginning of the movie, like page 8, the character came in on page 68 after the Ghostbusters were established. His elaborate background was all gone, replaced by me walking in and saying, “If there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe anything you say.” So that was pretty devastating.

>I’m panicked. I don’t sleep that night. It was like my worst nightmare is happening. The next morning, I rush to the set and plead my case. And Ivan basically says, “The studio felt that they had Bill Murray, so they wanted to give him more stuff to do.” I go, “Okay, I understand that, but can I even be there when they’re established?” And of course, he said no, there’s nothing to do about it. It was kind of awkward, and it became sort of the elephant in the room.

>People say, “Well, he’s sort of the Everyman, he’s kind of the guy who helps the audience understand.” I love the character and he’s got some great lines, but I felt the guy was just kind of there. I love the movie, I love the guys. I’m very thankful to Ivan for casting me. I’m very thankful that fans appreciate the Winston character. But it’s always been very frustrating—kind of a love/hate thing, I guess.

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/11/05/ghostbusters-ernie-hudson

So, what's up with Ghostbusters and racism?
>>
>>66766470
>When you're dealing with a city like New York you need someone like that.
Oh lol.

Stop acting like New York is some special city mate.
>>
>>66772533
or anywhere else since horseback riding stopped a significant mode of transportation.
>>
>>66766110

If you open 2 windows and watch Pixels and Ghostbusters trailer side by side, its the same god damn movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw
>>
>>66766110

same theory as you wouldnt want to leave the tourist areas of cities like tijuana or bankok or the like, without someone who knows the area and how to deal with the locals

the difference being that, outside the shittier parts of the bronx, new york is fucking harmless
>>
>>66772619
>Winston's character development gets cut to focus more on a bigger star, Bill Murray

Is that really racism though?
>>
>>66772619
I got bummed out reading that.
>>
File: IMG_3085.jpg (2 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3085.jpg
2 MB, 3504x2336
>>66766470
They should have relocated the Ghostbusters to Seattle.
>>
>>66772792

I guess we will never know, unfortunately I have no idea if Winston was always suposed to be black
>>
>>66772775
I get you if three unaccompanied white women were going about, niggers would definitely rape them every other day. Now, throw in a sistar as ugly and as big as a gorilla, hey presto problem is gone.
>>
>>66772775
What the fuck. You're comparing a always online city like New York to some hut vilage like Tijuana?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>66772982

good work literally not reading the post
>>
Why is it okay to present white characters as awkward weird nerds but it's not okay to present black characters according to black stereotypes?
>>
>>66773182
because nerds make money by becoming engineers, etc. If you're a black stereotype it means youre stupid as shit, poor as shit, and wont amount to anything in life
>>
>>66766110
>my gf laughed at the jokes in the trailer
>even the slime and slapping scenes
>the black girl was her favorite
>she hasn't seen the originals
>she thinks all the actresses are funny
Oof
>>
>>66773280
I'd rather be sassy than rich
>>
>>66773182

I tried asking a similar question to a fervent SJW once. Xhe told me I was a patriarchy indoctrinated slime who needs to open his mind to genderfluidity. Only then would I gain the wisdom and enlightment of the universe and understand diversity and tolerance.
>>
>>66773399
She's not the one for you anon. I'm sorry.
>>
File: exito.png (37 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
exito.png
37 KB, 262x200
>>66773399

At least you're getting double dubs and fucking her bro
>>
MUH NEW YORK
>>
>>66766110
Because It's a shit movie with shit writing and lazy attempts at "humor" that we all heard 10,000 times before.
>>
>>66773399
kill her
>>
>>66773447
>>66773487
She actually is okay when it doesn't come to comedy. We saw The Witch and she liked it. She liked Hail Caesar too
>>
>>66766167
Use caps in the trip, faggot
>>
>>66773399
Well you can always get another girlfriend.
>>
Diversity
>>
>>66773580
I've just accepted her shit taste by now. She listens to shitty top 40 too. I'm not a big enough asshole to dump somebody because of their taste though
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>66772792
Eddie Murphy was initially cast as Winston, but he backed out to make Beverly Hills Cop. I'm assuming the role was stripped down some because Ernie didn't have the same star power.

I'm sure there was some racial shit going on, but Eddie Murphy definitely wouldn't by playing the everyman like Hudson.

Or maybe Eddie had enough star power to turn down the "black ghostbuster" role
>>
File: l8406-2.jpg (77 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
l8406-2.jpg
77 KB, 500x334
>>66773182
It isn't? Black stereotypes fill pretty much every comedy aimed at black people I've ever seen.

I must have missed the memo that said it wasn't okay anymore.
>>
She's the best at knowing New York.
>>
>>66773671
Eddie made the right choice. Beverly Hills Cop is way better.
>>
>>66766362
>BORROW HER UNCLES CAR
Seems kind of sexist to imply that between four females none owned a car. They even had to borrow it from a man.
>>
>>66775000

its nyc
>>
>>66773689
I want a threesome with the left and right, right is Monique I think? Who's on the left?
>>
>>66775000
In reality the joke is "nobody owns a car in New York City", because you know that joke has never ever been made before.
>>
>>66775035
Sienfeld, Cramer, and George all owned cars.
>>
>>66766167

And some black nigger is?
>>
>>66775201
Guess that explains why new yorkers always think they live in the best city. That can never leave since they cannot drive.
>>
>>66775221
>trusting technology
I hate the current generation.
>>
>>66775370

You should really get off the internet with that attitude.

>lewronggeneration

Fuck off idiot
>>
>>66775395
>wrong generation
What are you talking about?
>>
>>66775370
anon I...
>>
>>66775467
>Anon I...
Can't read a map and inexplicably proud of it?

I know you can't, you don't have to say it.
>>
>>66775497
What are you doing on the internet? And at the end of the day a map is a map, what else gives if it's printed or you're watching it on an electronical device?
>>
>>66766110
>implying there are any real New Yorkers in New York
>>
>>66775585
>if you don't trust GPS you shouldn't be on the internet

Flawless logic kid

>Having a computer tell you where to go is the same as looking it up yourself on a map

Jesus. Where do you people come from?
>>
>>66775690
>Having a computer tell you where to go is the same as looking it up yourself on a map
>implying you can't look it up yourself on a map on a screen
>>
>>66773443
You better put a ring on that finger bro because you found yourself a keeper.
>>
>>66766110
>It's an OP shows his autism by without noticing thread
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.