[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans consider every "comedian" with british
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: CURRENT_YEAR.jpg (44 KB, 526x522) Image search: [Google]
CURRENT_YEAR.jpg
44 KB, 526x522
Why do Americans consider every "comedian" with british accent as intelligent?

Pic related, ${CURRENT_YEAR} guy has the most retarded show full of fallacy yet people praise him.
>>
give 5 million examples
>>
He has said the current year maybe 2 or 3 times in the whole show's run. And that's after giving actual examples of why the position he's criticizing is wrong.
>>
>>66757148
I'm pretty indifferent to Oliver. He does make some good, but obvious, points. However he does tend to frequently remind us what year it is and how that's somehow a reason for no more bad things to still happen in the world.

I also believe that his accent is largely responsible for his success. No one wants to watch an ugly, snobby, pasty American guy rant about issues.
>>
british people on the whole are a lot more intelligent than americans, and I say that as an american
>>
>>66757704
>He reminds us of the current year lots
Like other anon said, he's done it like 2 or 3 times. The only reason people think he says is so much is because of 4chan
>>
File: 1452712343625.png (240 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1452712343625.png
240 KB, 1024x887
>>66756956
Fuck off back to your Drumpf general.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>66757767
Prove it. I'm a Bong and we have some of the most stupid people on Earth.
>>
>>66757767
>le witty and cunning British man meme

Poor show
>>
>>66756956
actually, his show is very informed and poignant moreso than any talking head """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""news"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" channel
>>
>>66756956
dude everything on HBO is pretentious conviction what do you expect
>>
>>66757959
DUDE LITERALLY HITLER LMAOOO
>>
>>66757767
a guy in my history class didn't realise that planes were capable of flying over water during ww2, he was 16 at the time

if we really are smarter than you then Americans must have single digit IQs because let me tell you, the UK is full of utter fucking retards
>>
>>66757959
sup reddit
>>
>>66757767
this
>>
>>66757959
holy shit, that version of that image is bad
typical sjw bastardized reversal of an argument used against them in the most amateurish and talentless way possible
it's like they have no original arguments (or thoughts)
>>
File: ortega200.jpg (35 KB, 312x500) Image search: [Google]
ortega200.jpg
35 KB, 312x500
>>66756956
Just admit you don't actually have any argument against the things he says, you just don't like how he says them and how they fly in the face of what you do desperately want to believe because you've gotten so used to arguing in an echo chamber.
>>
>>66756956
my mate showed us the "make donald trumpf again" thing last night and he utterly demolished Trump though
>>
>>66758248
Idk it must bethe accent. When a Brit character is shown in tv they are charming and smart.
>>
>>66757767
this is actually true most people i've met don't even realize the uk is made up of more than just england
>>
>>it's 2016, everybody should follow the mentally ill further and further to the left
This is what "progressives" believe.
>>
>Everytime this thread pops up I seriously ask for ONE example of Oliver saying $CURRENT_YEAR. Only thing people can bring up is an off-the-cuff comment during an interviewer on SOMEONE ELSE'S show. wtf?
>>
>>66758476
Because it's easier to just circlejerk and post memes than using actual arguments.
>>
>>66757767
this mindset is fucking retarded and is directly responsible for people like john oliver, christopher hitchens, richard dawkins etc being revered as geniuses when if they said the same shit with american accents people would see them for the mediocre intellects they really are

this also explains the phenomenon of successful youtube channels like sargon or totalbiscuit
>>
>>66758476
hi john
>>
>>66758711
>dude, theres no God lmfao
>>
>>66758476
it's a stupid argument
does he need to say it more than once?
the fact that he said it at all and the way he said it indicates he believes that invoking the current year is somehow a legitimate argument
protip: retards conform to pressure from elites to change their stances on moral subjects
>>
>>66756956
They loved Jon Stewart for the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with his accent. Look at Stephen Merchant; dude basically bombed in America harder than al-Qaeda.
>>
Tea-boos are the worst, especially the ones who love Dr Who, Harry Potter, tea and think Stephen Fry is some kind of philosopher cos 'e say big wurds on tha telly.

I think they need to ship Keith Lemon or someone from Towie over to the US.
>>
>>66758476
>>66758623
>why are people repeating things on this "4chans"?
>>
>>66758971
Nigger we sent you Sacha Baron Cohen and you just threw money at him.
>>
>>66758248
>a guy in my history class didn't realise that planes were capable of flying over water during ww2,

Arent bob movies a dime a dozen in jolly old england?
>>
>>66758476

He says it all the time on his show
>>
>>66759145
Too violent.
>>
>>66757959
Why should we call Trump Drumpf but not be able to call Caitlyn Jenner Bruce?
>>
>>66758765
Have you ever actually heard the context under which he's stated "CURRENT YEAR!"? Because it's never actually to apply ad-hoc fallacy to his arguments.
>>
File: Cc5PIefXIAA1QTh.jpg (28 KB, 599x393) Image search: [Google]
Cc5PIefXIAA1QTh.jpg
28 KB, 599x393
>>
>>66759338
litrally whom?
>>
>>66759059
He's not British, he's Israeli.
>>
Anon, it's not acceptable to be a racist anymore. I'm sorry but you'll mocked and there is nothing anyone can do

It's like being a gay 60 years ago, but you'll just have to endure a little mockery from time to time. You'll survive.
>>
>>66759463
Well then John Oliver is Greek. Go blame them.
>>
>>66759546
So in 60 years you will be able to claim you hate niggers and noone can speak up against you? Sounds like a good deal senpai.
>>
>>66760133
Well, who knows, Zeitgeist can change really quickly
>>
Why do the bongs import all their trash to america?
>>
>>66761586
Revenge
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.