[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doesn't get good until fifth season >the ending is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: breaking-bad-season6-750x525.png (565 KB, 750x525) Image search: [Google]
breaking-bad-season6-750x525.png
565 KB, 750x525
>doesn't get good until fifth season
>the ending is just decent at best
how exactly did this show become so popular?
>>
>>66755681
ur mom LMAO
>>
>how exactly did this show become so popular?
reddit
>>
>>66755681
>how exactly did this show become so popular?

Because people like things that you don't?
>>
>>66755681

B8 or blind, pick one.

S1 : Average, boring getting slowly to the point
S2 : Gut Good
S3 : Breaking good
S4 : GOD-GOOD
S5 : meh-good with meh-ending, I guess it was done by moralfags, he couldn't get heisenberg to win after doing these bad things
>>
>only season 1 and 2 were good
>reddit and /tv/ plebs think it's the opposite
kek
>>
>>66755681
same reason why weeds was so popular, despite being a complete pile of shit: impressionable teens who were into drug culture. the show is pretty mediocre overall.

DUDE METH LMAO
>>
terribly honest, familiars

its all downhill after s1e2 and ozymandias is the most overrated 12 yo edgelord rated episode of all time
>>
>>66755681

what the fuck nigger

i recently started rewatching it after years and am currently at S01E04. I gotta say the first 3 episodes are an absolutely GOAT start to a television show, i cant imagine anyone watching these 3 episodes and then not wanting to continue

>Hank and Gomie are fun as fug
>the whole Krazy 8 storyline (with him walking on the street, his death etc.)
>pre opening scenes are great (that goes for the whole series but still)
>interesting atmosphere with the whole "soul" thing in E03
>on the edge of your seat moments
>oh shit cliffhanger moments with that mysterious atmosphere like when that girl finds the gasmaks

i could go on but the point im trying to make is that ive only seen 3 episodes so far. People can hate it but for me it will always be an extraordinary series and i love every season desu

its even better when you rewatch it because you get all the symbolism from the start (the woman in the yellow dress for example)
>>
it has the best pilot for any series i've ever seen.
other than that... eh...
>>
>>66756034
Best pilot goes to Dexter, mi familia.
>>
>>66755681
seriously?

Season 1 is slow but good
Season 2 is good
Season 3 is average, it contained two of the worst episodes of the show.
Season 4 is ok
Season 5A is boring, nothing really happens outside of Mike dying.
Season 5B is pure fan service and the ending is incredibly cliche and predictable.
>>
>>66756606
also, its basically macgyver
>>
>>66756606
>>66756025
>>66755807
Seasons 1-4 are snail-paced melodrama with very rare moments of brilliance

at least shit happens during the last season, even if it gets cheesy with the badass one liners
>>
Season 5 is literally the worst.
>>
File: totally_kafkaesque.png (136 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
totally_kafkaesque.png
136 KB, 500x281
>>66756606
>Season 3 is average, it contained two of the worst episodes of the show.

Fly and ...? In b4: totally kafkaesque
>>
File: 1426798937919.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1426798937919.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>66755681
Op is a faggot.
>>
>>66757035
Green Light, the first episode of BrBa that i literally felt asleep.
>>
File: 1456512408745.jpg (15 KB, 250x285) Image search: [Google]
1456512408745.jpg
15 KB, 250x285
You're trying a bit too hard to be a contrarian, OP.
>>
Good acting and compelling story?
>>
>>66756787
We have a term for people like you in Star Trek threads. How does it feel to be a complete and utter actionbabby?
>>
>>66756787
>it's slow paced because there arent explosions every 5 minutes

I mean shit this show had its fair share of explosions to keep the normies interested but it was far from slow paced.
>>
>>66755807
I actually really liked the ending, I loved Ozymandias and the final scene in the compound. I could have just done without the nazis, everything in those final episodes should have been between Walt, Hank and Jesse. I don't see why they had to introduce some generic big bad guys (neo nazis? really?) when they already had such compelling bad guys. They could have used the cartel or something already established. It really struck me as cheap that the thing that ends up killing Walt and Hank are a group of non-characters introduced that season.
>>
>>66755681
reddit : the show
>>
File: dudemeth.jpg (36 KB, 426x510) Image search: [Google]
dudemeth.jpg
36 KB, 426x510
also
>DUDE FORESHADOWING LMA
>>
>>66757246
your typical BB episode
>a scene from the end of the episode that has no real significance to anything
>awkward dinner scene
>walt does something stupid, stares with his mouth slightly open
>jesse is somewhere being high
>marie is annoying
>awkward family scene
>walt lies badly about something
>a good scene with Saul/Mike/Gus/Walt&Jesse together
>a promise of something interesting probably happening sometime in the future
>repeat
>>
>>66755807

Season 2 is fucking trash, m8.

The plane crash storyline is the most laughably bad thing ever. Impossible to give a pass to all of the try-too-hard-to-be-deep black and white cold opens and the fucking lame episode name gimmick.
>>
>>66757612
So you didn't pay attention?
>>
my wife loved this show and tried really hard to get me into it, but it was so boring and I disliked ALL of the characters

not my cup of tea I guess. I never got past season 1
>>
>>66757751
Did you watch it with her kids?
>>
every season was good tho, fagt
>>
>>66757385
Seasons 2-4 are absolutely FULL of filler episodes and boring family scenes that get so fucking tiring after a while
>>
>>66755681
But fifth season is not too great

Show peaked at season 2.specifically with the episode "4 days out"
>>
File: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
fingerless-gloves-fedora.png
117 KB, 320x263
>slow is bad
>"boring" is bad

hey redditos
>>
>>66758025
The show peaks at the first few episodes with Krazy8 and takes an absolute nosedive in quality immediately afterwards
>>
>>66758074
Slow isn't bad
Boring IS bad

Transformer movies for an example are boring even tho they aren't slow
>>
>>66758337
You do know that boring is subjective, right?
>>
>>66757058
>edgy
>for not liking Breaking Bad
BBfans are the biggest edgelords around, just take a look at the other BBthread going on right now >>66755761
>>
>>66757246
Yes, I actually preferred it when the show had a deeper, darker atmosphere that fit the themes, better cinematography and lighting, active characters instead of passive ones, twists and turns in the plot and a sense of story and character progression.

I'm sorry I didn't manage to stay interested when Skyler got into a petty argument with Walter for the billionth fucking time. I guess I'm just not patrician enough.
>>
>>66755681
Characters actually have depth.
That's it.
>>
>>66759189
So you jumped on the bandwagon for the memes, then.
>>
>>66757035
Fly was the comfiest episode ever.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.