[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which one is the superior show, /tv/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (482 KB, 882x279) Image search: [Google]
image.png
482 KB, 882x279
So which one is the superior show, /tv/ ?
>>
>>66744518
someone rings the copypasta on sherlock
>>
The better one.
>>
>>66744518
Haven't seen Elementary but it has to be better than Sherlock. Season 1 was fine but later seasons made me wonder how anyone can like it.
>>
>>66745079
Sherlock was good until they introduced that spastic fellow with a speech impendment, then I dropped it.
>>
>>66744518

Why that's Elementary my dear Watson.
>>
>>66745147
It's called being English.
>>
>>66744518
Elementary by a country fucking mile. It's embarrassing how popular Sherlock is when it's so bloody awful. Even shite for old biddies like Grantchester is superior.
>>
>>66744518
is that lucy liu? Why is she doin tv now? Is it the end of her career?
>>
Sherlock.

Its way closer to the source material
>>
>>66745420
A metric that has dick to do with how good a television show is.
>>
>>66745420

>it's way closer to stories that have been retold a billion times in various forms of media

Lord knows we needed ANOTHER Hound of the Baskervilles adaptation.
>>
Both are quite bad now but I like Elementary because Watson is hot.

Elementary also has far less sjw/tumblr fans.
>>
File: Jim_moriarty.jpg (241 KB, 656x720) Image search: [Google]
Jim_moriarty.jpg
241 KB, 656x720
Dont care, season 2 of Sherlock is still the best and haven't liked it since
Followed Elementary till moriarty was tudors chick
Both seemed liked good sherlocks but the american one seemed dumb down like ncis sherlock
>>
If you asked between BBC Sherlock and House MD I'd give you an answer, but if you include some time waster trash show I just ignore this thread :)
>>
I dont get it.

Why is Watson a girl?

Why is Moriarty a girl?

Why is holmes a faggot?

Why do they even have the Holmes characters in it if they dont have anything to do with the books?
>>
>>66745549
Fuck books.
>>
File: 1353853973934.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1353853973934.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>66745464
There are some solid episodes in season 1, specifically to do with Moriarty, but the show really dragged for me in season they introduced his brother. The complete lack of Natalie Dormer after going to the trouble of breaking her out has been frustrating to me as well.

I can't fucking stand BBC Sherlock though - Moffat is a hack and every seasons ends with a huge cliffhanger he handwaves in the next episode.
>season 1
"I've got tons of guys with guns and i'm going to shoot you!"
*S02E01*
"Nevermind I got a phonecall, see you around ;)"
>>
>>66744518
Does this even have to be debated?
'Elementary' delves into far more challenging character dynamics from revitalizing Holmes' character as a former druggie and the quip entertained between him and the now-female Watson is much more interesting.
Meanwhile, 'Sherlock' is weakened by the same flaws that had preyed on the books: Holmes there is a super genius but this doesn't allow you to follow the investigation in any way as he has more insight than any viewer has, and they recycled the traits for Watson that made him boring and unattaching in the Conan Doyle's works.

Only tumblerites and wanna-be "I'm so smart" people watch 'Sherlock' respectively for Cumberfaggot, and because the wannabes think being closer to the source material means people will think you've read the books.
>>
Elementary is basically CSI: British Guy and Asian Girl Edition but that's not necessarily an atrocity

The series Sherlock seems to go to great length to just say "Hey you, folks watching Sherlock. FUCK YOU!"
>>
>>66744518

Guy Ritchie Holmes

>Watson is not a dumb faggot
>Holmes knows how to fight
>Stephen Fry is the best casting decision for Mycroft
>Moriarty is not a spastic edgy Joker

You can throw me rocks if you want.
>>
>>66744518

Elementary is watched by generic simpletons
>>
>>66745549
Public domain nigga
>>
>>66747325
>Tfw Doyle's useless descendants and estate just sue the shit out of anyone trying to make any Sherlock holmes content.
>>
Well, Elementary has Lucy Liu. So, that one.
>>
File: Jamie Moriarty.gif (988 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Jamie Moriarty.gif
988 KB, 500x500
>>66744518
>So which one is the superior show, /tv/ ?

Elementary is 1000% better.

Jonny Lee Miller is an incredibly underrated actor.
>>
>>66745194
You.

You're ok.
>>
>>66745549
I haven't read books since childhood but I think Holmes is pretty faggy.
>>
>>66747558
Agreed 100%

Also, Natalie Dormer as a female Moriarty is a 10/10 decision.
>>
File: One of the twins.gif (731 KB, 245x218) Image search: [Google]
One of the twins.gif
731 KB, 245x218
>>66747835
>but I think Holmes is pretty faggy.

Holmes is always banging hookers and hot chicks on Elementary. Twins even.
>>
>>66744518
Dunno, but British Sherlock is shit.
>>
>>66746988
Jude Law is literally the first time in a century of adaptations that somebody nailed who Watson was supposed to be.

Depressingly enough, Lucy Liu is actually closer to the mark than most adaptations, too.
>>
>>66748109
Lol, in Sherlock he's pretty much asexual
>>
This.
>>
>>66748552
Hey, I remember that this existed. I don't actually remember what was it like. I remember she was looking for her mother or something.
>>
>>66748552
Is the one on the right supposed to be a girl?
>>
>>66748552
you best be trolling nigga
>>
>>66745549
Sherlock Holmes is one of those things that's been retold and adapted so many times that you can maintain the overall shape of it while still changing all tahe details. It's a sort of cultural myth. Almost no one actually reads the original Sherlock Holmes books anymore, but everyone knows who he is.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.