[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hateful 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: tarantula.jpg (552 KB, 2500x1650) Image search: [Google]
tarantula.jpg
552 KB, 2500x1650
So many plotholes with this movie...Tarantula ruined it for me with his lazy writing.

Too bad because there were some solid performances.
>>
>>66736303
>plotholes
huh
>>
>>66736303
What plotholes?
>>
File: plebs.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
>It's a "I don't know what a word means but I say it anyway" argument
>>
>>66736303
Which plotholes lad?
The story seemed pretty solid to me and there wasn't really much for any plot holes to surface.
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 300x217
>>66736303
>mfw Tarintino shoots a guy in the testicles in all of his movies
>>
>>66736332
>>66736348
>>66736395
>>66736436

1. When OB and John puked their guts out everyone simply watched as if they were expecting it. Even Warren just kept drinking his brandy. No one was even a bit shaken.
Worse yet, John must have known he was a dead man the second he puked a bucketfull of blood, what stopped him from shooting Daisy right then and there?

2. Daisy fucking shot John, and yet no one shot her back. Why did Warren allow Daisy to shoot John?

3. Warren explains about Minnie, the stew and the Mexicans - but he does so too late. Why not do that earlier, and inform Mannix, John and OB too? He had all the clues he needed to know the Mexicn was lying, as early as the minute he sat down to eat the stew.

Some might not consider these to be plotholes, but its lazy writing that ruins the characters as well as the plot.
>>
>>66736669
>>66736750
bump
>>
>>66736750
Yeah but you have to close the door

And also nail it shut
>>
>>66736750

1. They were a bit too calm, but he probably didn't kill her because she technically didn't kill him directly or even lay a finger on him, it wouldn't have been justified.

2. He was already dead.

3. Agreed. But he did get control of the situation pretty quickly by helping disarm everyone, so he might not have found it nessary. He just didn't count on poison being used or a shooter in the basement.
>>
>>66736750

1. Most of the cabin was expecting it to happen. John seems to have a thing against killing, since his reputation is to take the bounty alive (and we never see him kill anyone, even in self defense) plus he seemed to just want to beat the shit out of her, which is more satisfying than outright killing her.

2. John took everyone's guns. I know it's a long movie but it was a big part of it.

3. Warren expected to be trapped in this cabin for days with these people, and assumed only the Mexican was a killer/liar, so after the snow cleared, bring it up, kill him and continue on with John and Daisy. Once he realised there was more to it and with John dead, he explained it and asks who else is in on it.

Stop being stupid and actually watch the movie next time.
>>
>>66736750
1. What were they supposed to do? They weren't gonna be able to stop the vomiting. John Ruth would NEVER shoot Daisy, he's never shot any of his prisoners they make that clear.

2. Nobody saw what was happening, they just saw Ruth beating Daisy and he beat her with his gun which flew across the room.

3. I can understand the confusion here. Warren is full of himself and likes to drag things out to let people think he's smarter than them. And We don't ever find out if Minnie even felt that way about Mexicans, Warren was just saying that to be a prick to Marco.

We can disagree, but I thought the writing was great and consistent. How Django got a nod (and win) but H8 didn't is beyond me.
>>
>>66736750
None of those qualify as plotholes, I think you just need your daily dose of unwarranted attention.
>>
>>66736750
I was going to respond, but it looks like plenty of people already corrected you. Did you watch the movie? Or did you download a shitty screener and go on your phone half the time?
>>
>>66736750
I don't know dude, it's highly stylized fictional entertainment. Find me a Tarantino movie where people don't act a little cavalier to bazaar and violent situations. If you go in expecting realism you've already made your mistake. It's about building tension and paying off with Tarantino.
>>
>>66737586
You shut your trap, retard.
>>
>>66736303
i couldn't get past the "majestic 70mm cinematography" that took place 90% in one room.
>>
>>66737597
Wow, solid discussion cunt.
>>
>>66737606
The cinematography was still really great desu. There were so many dynamic shots, look out for the camera positions/movements if you watch it again. It's pretty impressive.
>>
>>66737679
What do you mean "still"? This dumb cunt didn't even pay attention to the movie, yet he felt like pointing out its "plotholes".
>>
>>66736750
>1. When OB and John puked their guts out everyone simply watched as if they were expecting it.
They were expecting it. The only non-poisoned people that didn't know were Warren and Mannix.

>Even Warren just kept drinking his brandy. No one was even a bit shaken.
Warren was a tired old timer. There wasn't anything he could do about it anyway. He was also the only one with a gun aside from John. Where's the rush? Mannix was confused as fuck. Shocked even, when John told him it was the coffee.

>Worse yet, John must have known he was a dead man the second he puked a bucketfull of blood, what stopped him from shooting Daisy right then and there?
All that character development for "the hangman" and you still can't understand why he didn't kill her. Talk about lazy viewing. Did you even watch it? At the end they still didn't kill her by shooting her. They hung her instead, in honor of John "the hangman."

>2. Daisy fucking shot John, and yet no one shot her back. Why did Warren allow Daisy to shoot John?
Only Warren had a gun. Seriously, what movie were you watching. He also had no way of knowing she would get his gun; John was beating the fuck out of her. He took it away from her immediately after she shot John.

>3. Warren explains about Minnie, the stew and the Mexicans - but he does so too late. Why not do that earlier, and inform Mannix, John and OB too? He had all the clues he needed to know the Mexicn was lying, as early as the minute he sat down to eat the stew.
He had no definitive proof that the guy did anything wrong. John was one paranoid SOB. Informing him would've caused a shitstorm. John shoots mexican, gang starts firefight where Warren, OB, and Mannix get killed by the element of surprise. After the poison fiasco, Warren knew there was something wrong and the liar was behind it.
>>
>>66737579
Not op, but I watched a screener copy. Wasn't shitty. Far from actually, an hd copy of a movie before the release date?! Best fucking Christmas ever, especially since it was a Tarantino movie. I didn't fuck with my phone the whole movie the first time I watched it, and didn't think his points are actual plot holes because of the reason said by other anons. Moral of this story is screener copies aren't shit, and neither was the movie.
>>
>>66737606
Why do people think wide angles are only useful outside? I mean, I get why people like them for landscape shots, but with a big open room like Hateful 8 it allowed for a lot of detail in the frame.
>>
>>66737835
I shouldn't have assumed, it's just some people here just download the smallest size file so they can say they watched it.

I've seen some great copies, and I'm sure some people who loved the movie got a hold of great copies. Didn't mean to generalize.
>>
Prove Warren wasn't lying about the general's son.
>>
>>66737968
Yea I know what you mean but fuck that the first time I watch a movie it's gonna be the best quality possible. After that, delete the 2 gig file so it's not taking up too much space and then download the low res one to rewatch if it's good enough.
>>
>>66737961
There was no reason to shoot the movie that wide. Nothing called for it.
>>
>mfw /tv/, after the dust has settled and further analysis, finally comes to the realization that H8 is a great movie

Called it, pleb filter.
>>
File: 1447329564241.jpg (70 KB, 649x488) Image search: [Google]
1447329564241.jpg
70 KB, 649x488
>>66736303
>>
>>66737336

YOU GOTTA USE TWO PIECES OF WOOD

ONE AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH
>>
>>66737336
>>66738255

is this a new meme?
>>
>>66738151
Are you serious? There are so many shots that you can see characters doing something in the background. It's not essential, but it's pretty cool/different.
>>
>>66738322
Pretty old buy now. Still gold tho
>>
>>66736303
@3:17
>>
>>66738592
and what does it mean?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU
>>
>>66738648
Watch the movie, it's good
>>
It's a good movie, it's just not a Western, neither was Django Unchained
>>
>>66737822
There are a few explanations ITT, but this is the best. The others talk down to everyone (not just the retard), but this helps you recall key points.
>>
>>66738573
>It's not essential, but it's pretty cool/different.

A fairly significant portion takes place outside. I'd say it's essential to those shots.
>>
>>66736303
there is no plot to have holes in
>>
>>66739061
this
/thread
>>
>>66739264
>>66739061
What the fuck? There's no plot? Wow, a coouple of free-thinkers right here.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.