[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always thought the hate for this movie here was just a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 823x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 823x1200
I always thought the hate for this movie here was just a meme or you all being contrarian. But holy shit I just saw this in the theatre and this was some of the most unfunny shit I've seen in years. How can so so many people find this legitimately hilarious? I don't fucking get it, am I not the target audience or something? I mean I'm over 17 I thought the humor would reflect that.
>>
Im 29 and found the movie hilarious maybe you are just a stuck in the mud
>>
>>66734148
It wasn't that funny, many of the jokes don't made me laugh at all but some did the movie was good enough.

7/10 I would say.
>>
>>66734148
It was a movie made to sell quote t-shirts to plebs and children.
>>
How did he see the guy was wearing brown pants from behind the car?
>>
>>66734148
its because 4chan users sit in their own corner of the internet cultivating their own wierd sense of humor and call everything else reddit. i stopped coming here for a while and started laughing at jokes i would normally roll my eyes at.

things like this movie are funny to people with lives outside of 4chan.
>>
>>66734977
Deadpool had already seen the movie.
>>
>>66734148
I sighed more than I laughed.

I think the " haunted segway tour" at the very beginning was the only thing I chuckled at.
>>
>>66734812
Agreed, it wasnt that funny. the zamboni part was the only one that actually made me laugh pretty heartily.

But solid capeshit with decent action.

Also VERY sad that the best x-men movie was about fucking deadpool, and only had 2 x-men, one of which is a literal who. Anyway I've liked the comic book character for years and this was a solid adaptation so i liked it.
>>
It's not a comedy though, why are you judging it on its humor. It was a fun movie, you go and see this and you dont expect some fancy revolutionary film. What you get from deadpool is a very self aware movie that is light hearted and crude. You're a dumb fucking cunt if you go seeing deadpool because you want to laugh or you want something serious. The fight scenes were good, some of the kills were interesting, the fight at the end was well done, it wasn't the greatest movie ever but it was very enjoyable.
>>
File: 1330138222246.gif (760 KB, 182x182) Image search: [Google]
1330138222246.gif
760 KB, 182x182
>>66734148
stop going to movies alone you fucking nerd lol

me and a the m8s were dying watching. especially when he broke his arms and fucking leg, and when he chucked the hubcap at the guy

but you didn't have anyone to laugh with, so you didn't have any reason to be boisterous. and if you're gonna go alone, at least go on a night when there's lots of people.

idiot
>>
>>66734736
>>66735234
>>66735290
this. it's a popcorn flick meant to be seen with friends. stop judging it like it should be quality cinema.
>>
>>66735290
Ok, the hubcap thing was funny.
>>
>>66735097
>its because 4chan users sit in their own corner of the internet cultivating their own wierd sense of humor and call everything else reddit.
I genuinely at something outside of 4chan maybe once or twice a year now. This place ruined me.
>>
>>66735362
it only took a few weeks for me to return to normal. but here i am again so we'll see how that works out.
>>
When the only things people can say to defend a movie is
>turn your mind off

and

>CONTRARIAN!

You know it's not a good movie.
>>
>>66735552
when the only things people can say to criticize a movie is
>It wasn't funny

and

>IT SUCKS!

You know that's not a good argument
>>
>>66735552
nobody's claiming its quality cinema you fucking nerd. go jerk off to birdman
>>
>>66735615
The first one is a legitimate argument. If an action comedy fails to deliver on comedy, that's a mark against it.
>>
>You can't dislike Memepool without getting swarmed by normies.
>>
>>66735657
"it wasn't funny" is not a legit argument because humor is subjective
>>
>>66735290
>muh mates

fuck off normiettor
>>
File: 1454227653047.png (102 KB, 746x717) Image search: [Google]
1454227653047.png
102 KB, 746x717
>>66734148
>Go to watch this with my best friend
>I literally don't laugh the entire movie, only fake laugh here and there with my friend.
>Afterwards he says it's pretty good
>I try to explain I didn't find it funny at all
>He keeps trying to convince me it was good the entire ride home

I wasn't even trying to judge it cinematically, I was just trying to enjoy it as a flick.
>>
>>66735530
I was never normal to begin with unfortunately. I did leave for a couple of weeks which really helped me improve, but like you I ended up back here though.
>>
>>66735657
You're right but most people I know (and me included) found a decent amount of the jokes funny

That's an incredibly hollow argument (plenty of people thought grown ups 2 was funny) but when it comes to comedy it's the only argument you can make

It's a lot easier to dislike something silly than like it for it's silliness
>>
>>66735362
I rarely laugh at 4chan shit anymore, but then again I've always been like this in regards to humor.

I just watch comedy for entertainment in general, not to laugh. Not many comedians can genuinely make me laugh.
>>
>>66735657
>opinion
>argument
pick one
>>
File: 1452763403894.jpg (16 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1452763403894.jpg
16 KB, 300x250
It was shit, and i'm not too crazy about the leddit normies who get mad when you call it shit. It's a fucking movie, get over it. Not everyone is going to like what you like.
>>
>>66735711
>>66735762
>>It's a lot easier to dislike something silly than like it for it's silliness
>enjoying the lowest common denominator is more difficult that not.
>>
>>66735800
Eh I mean we both know what I mean. Deadpool is a fucking dumb hollywood that is aware of that and tries to become not a hollywood movie but in being aware that it is it becomes even more trite than some other comic movies just because it's trying to make fun of that shit

That's the only problem I had with it.

I don't laugh at movies, the only times I really laugh is when I'm with friends doing dumb shit. Deadpool made me actually laugh 5-10 times. That's enough for me to forgive its many flaws
>>
>>66734977
He popped his head out from behind the car and said "HEY!" Before he said that, so he saw him.
>>
File: 1453243470932.png (37 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1453243470932.png
37 KB, 225x225
>>66735234
>this much damage control

>i-it's not supposed to be funny guys
>>
>>66735722
Or it could be a Brit or Aussie.

M8 is becoming popular with everyone in the world because of 4chan now.
>>
>>66735793
then what's the point of this board?
>>
>>66734812
this

I thought some of them fell flat on their face but there were a few that got me pretty good
>>
File: aYeoLYV_460s_v1.jpg (40 KB, 460x472) Image search: [Google]
aYeoLYV_460s_v1.jpg
40 KB, 460x472
Its one of the most faithful comicbook adaptations ever. In fact , maybe too faithful as the movie feels more like a cartoon.

There is a good movies under cheap dated jokes and some non-standard superhero tropes, but not enough for cinema snobs.

The target demographic for this movie is loyal deadpool fans, don't be surprised to find yourself scratching your head trying to figure out references and such.

Pros:its not avengers
Cons:its not Ferris Beulers day off either.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.