[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no-one ever really talk about this show any more? Considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: breaking_bad_13406375601324.jpg (140 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
breaking_bad_13406375601324.jpg
140 KB, 800x533
Why does no-one ever really talk about this show any more? Considering how circa 2012-14 everywhere you went on the internet people would be proclaiming it as the GOAT, it rarely gets mentioned anywhere now.

Even people don't seem that assed about watching Better Call Saul.
>>
>>66726560
Bored, OP? That's okay, people get bored all the time. I'm sure sooner or later, you'll find something interesting to do. Keep me posted
>>
File: 1323.gif (98 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1323.gif
98 KB, 600x338
>>66726560
BITCH
>>
Because the show is ended and there's nothing to speculate anymore so there's nothing much to talk about.
>>
Because it's over, and Better Call Saul is a fun but slow show to talk about it,
>>
>>66726560
It just wasn't that good. It got really lucky and generated a self-sustaining cycle of hype. Everyone was talking about it because everyone was talking about it. No-one wants to feel left out of the conversation.
>>
>>66726683
Yeah but to this day people still talk about The Sopranos, The Wire and LOST. Even Dexter, albeit mostly about how shit it became.
>>
>>66726727
>It just wasn't that good.
bruh...

i'm not saying it's the greatest show of all time, because that's Six Feet Under but it was certainly great
>>
>>66726735
>to this day people still talk about The Sopranos, The Wire and LOST

what? no one really talks about them. it's mostly
>X was best character/episode/subplot
>Y was worst character/episode/subplot
or someone who hasn't seen the series, watching it then criticizing it
>>
>>66726735
The Soparanos and The Wire are genuinely good. LOST and Dexter ended up being so convoluted and stupid they left a lingering bad taste in people's mouths. Breaking Bad was just cheesy nothingness.
>>
>>66726616
I want to fuck Jesse's tight boipuccy
>>
because any tv show with an episode lasting 45 minutes of chasing a fucking god damn nigger fly around a stupid meth lab is just NOT A GOOD SHOW

understand that you millennials?

>dude tons of money
>dude drugs
>dude guns
>duuuuuudddddeeeee flies
>>
>>66726735
Nobody talks about LOST, and CERTAINLY nobody talks about Dexter, stop lying.

Breaking Bad was a good show, but it has zero rewatchability value, doesn't leave anything in you in the long run. It was just a good story with cliffhangers and stuff. It was the Code Geass of television.

[spoilers]Sopranos was Evangelion, and The Wire was Monster[/spoiler]
>>
>>66726967
nice post 8/10 meme points

you are the meme knight, a watchful protector of memes, the one this board deserves, but doesn't need.
>>
>>66726560
it's indeed a good exemple of how a cancerous community as reddit can turn something nice into shit with cringy memes
>>
>>66726560

How conceited can you get to think your small anecdotal evidence is an accurate representation of the majority?

The show still gets plenty of word-of-mouth, BCS too which is surprising considering how pleb-unfriendly it is
>>
Mad Men was the real AMC masterpiece
>>
>>66726879
He'd probably be up for it if you paid him a decent amount.
>>
>>66726560
Because once you've seen it there's not a whole lot to go back to and take in again, and it should have ended after season 4 before it went full meme.
>>
>>66727268
This. Only retarded hipsters watched BB
>>
>>66727053
>spoilers
>spoiler
man, next time use ctrl + s
>>
>>66726560

No one cared about this until S5B. It just got popular because Reddit latched onto it when it was ending then Netflix spammed it everywhere.
>>
>DUDE BITCH LMAO
>DUDE I AM THE DANGER LMAO
>DUDE METH LMAO
>>
>>66727318
Do you even know what hipster means? BB was the more popular show, thus making Mad Men the "hipster" series
>>
File: 1440514684216.jpg (76 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
1440514684216.jpg
76 KB, 625x625
>>66727393
Nah Mad Men was for patricians. BB was for plebs.
>>
Because unlike The Shitpranos, Mad Shit, S H I T or The Shit, the show speaks for itself. People don't need to endlessly blab about it, they just watched it for themselves.
>>
>>66726735
A lot of the really good stuff in Breaking Bad was when you would speculate about what would happen and mull over it for a while. Even the fifth season did this very well.

You had Jesse in with Hank after throwing all his money away and the next episode is called 'Confessions.' You obviously think he's going to rat on Walt at this stage, but he doesn't. For how disappointing the fifth season was, it got that right.

Also, The Wire and The Sopranos are just in a different league. I think they're vastly superior shows in terms of the topics they deal with and their scope. A lot of Breaking Bad, while very well made, is just for entertainment.

It's not a knock on Breaking Bad BTW, I just don't think that holds up compared to other shows. The Sopranos for me is the best thing ever made.
>>
>>66726560
>Considering how circa 2012-14 everywhere you went on the internet people would be proclaiming it as the GOAT

Those people weren't analyzing the show, they were just REACTING to it. Breaking Bad is nowhere near a GOAT television show. But it is a very entertaining show.

I'm rewatching and season 2 is god awful. Also, while watching it as it aired I thought Jesse and Walt were good friends, but they actually weren't and had a very toxic relationship the entire time with only a handful of good moments between them.
>>
>>66727342
>No one cared about this until S5B.
No. It started getting big around the s4 premiere and kept growing because of netflix users

>because Reddit
Reddit was one reason, but not the only reason it became popular. It was mainly due to normalfags that started to watch and it spread like wildfire through word of mouth.
>>
>>66727945
Yeah I remember it was around S4 that it started to really build up hype. Before then it was just a cult show.
>>
>>66727806
It was fairly obvious their relationship was rocky from the start.
>>
>>66728095
It was more clear in retrospect, to me at least.
I knew there was bad moments, but I only really remembered their good ones.
>>
>>66728302
I never saw them as friends, I just saw them as two assholes who had to work with each other. At the very most they tolerated each other and maybe had a couple of beers, but Walt's morality was degrading while Jessie began to regain his.
>>
>>66728571

This.

The entire Walt/Jessie "bro moments" people were jacking off over wasn't really bro moments at all. When Walt was decent to Jessie it was always just him realizing what a massive douche he was. Dude's a narcissist with a massive chip on his shoulder because his gf cuck'd him, that's all there is to it.

Breaking Bad was a good show, but I think Saul has a chance of being a better one. Bit more focus on characters and what makes them tick (which was BB'd strong point), less on melodramatic mafia badassery. For example, Mike makes more sense now, he's not just a superhuman shriveled husk.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.