[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
haters gonna hate this was a great movie. Cant wait for Alien:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: download (6).jpg (3 KB, 124x186) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
3 KB, 124x186
haters gonna hate this was a great movie. Cant wait for Alien: Covenant
>>
>>66725992
Its better than Aliens for sure

Bring on Ridley scott
>>
One Unnecessary Contrivance After the Next: The Flick
>>
File: 4new-prometheus_050312.jpg (400 KB, 1600x667) Image search: [Google]
4new-prometheus_050312.jpg
400 KB, 1600x667
>>66725992
agreed.
>>
The set design was great. The story and characters were fucking awful. I have a hard time trying to defend movies like this where they rely on characters being completely retarded and irrational for the dangers to pose any real threat.
A lot of shit just made no sense in general, like how a geologist in charge of mapping the area gets lost in a building made up of one circular hallway or the biologist wanting to pet a monster making a cobra like threat display.
>>
File: noomi_flex.gif (932 KB, 245x190) Image search: [Google]
noomi_flex.gif
932 KB, 245x190
>no noom poon in the next film

dropped
>>
>>66725992
>>66726033
Plebs, It was merely OK it was nothing special
>>
>>66725992
It was ok
The Martian was better
And then he has shit like Exodus, I don't even know
>>
>>66725992

truly one of the worst movies I've been forced to sit through in the last couple of years.
>>
>>66726280
The Martian was not better

>>66726273
Its still better than aliens
>>
>>66726312
You really haven't watched a lot of movies anon. And it sounds like you have bad taste to boot.
>>
>>66726314
>The Martian was not better
Yeah it was, my little anon can't be this contrarian
>>
Fassbender did nothing wrong.
>>
>>66726362
Zero absolutely zero reason to care for one human left on mars, nothing interesting happens to him on mars. Ridley Scott and nothing interesting happens. Exodus was even better.
>>
>>66726242
>gif doesn't include her flexing the other arm
dropped
>>
>>66726176
Whos ass is THAT?
>>
>>66726452
Not enough explosions and aliens jumping around for you?
Transformers or Alien vs Predator is probably more your thing
>>
>>66726033
>>66726314
>better than aliens
'no'
>>
File: prometh.png (743 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
prometh.png
743 KB, 1024x576
So why did Prometheus rip off that androids head?
>>
>>66726533
No I actually hate those as well.

Its sad you're still defending the Martian, its just a circlejerk movie
>>
>>66726346

nope, I do watch a lot of movies, I just avoid the crappy ones that I know will suck. My brother forced me to watch Prometheus and it was a terrible experience. Just an awful movie.
>>
>>66726614
he traslate wrong and end insulting his mother
>>
>>66726811
Did you like alien3
>>
>>66726741
It's sad that you're defending Prometheus, a movie labeled average by anyone with half a brain. Only the try hardest of contrarians would rate it over a 6/10, or above Aliens
>>
>>66726858

I saw it when I was 10 years old and remember it being pretty decent. I don't really watch these kinds of movies though as they mostly suck. Prometheus was brutally bad.
>>
ATTENTION
WATCH THE FANEDIT

PROMETHEUS GIFTBEARER

YOU ARE WELCOME
>>
File: Engineer-speaks-prometheus.jpg (72 KB, 930x392) Image search: [Google]
Engineer-speaks-prometheus.jpg
72 KB, 930x392
Who else wants to befriend a Prometheus?
>>
>>66726482
Charlize Theron's

>>66727026
HUSBANDO
U
S
B
A
N
D
O
>>
File: prometheus.png (379 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.png
379 KB, 1024x576
>>66727500
he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet.
>>
>>66727576
or...
>>
Anyone play alien isolation? I'm still trying to get through it, its really fun and challenging. Scary as fuck too
>>
>>66726213
>I wouldn't have grabbed the snake therefore 0/10 go watch The Martian instead it has science, I fucking love science. Also I'm studying STEM.
>>
>>66727998
Yea its pretty clear he was curious
>>
File: 1456121090880.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1456121090880.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>66726614
It's implied that the engineers already wanted to wipe out humanity, since we're some kind of bastardization of their race. The one in the movie failed in his mission to deliver the genocide goo and because of that humanity not only survives, but they track him down and have the gall to talk to him in some bastardized version of their advanced super-language and what do they say?

>AYY IMMA PERFECTLY MANUFACTURED BEING, WE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE NAO, GIBSMEDAT IMMORTALITIES
>>
>>66725992
liked more the second time I saw it (had too many expectations). Entertaining movie but forgettable
>>
>>66728106
Who says that the engineer or david
>>
>>66728250
David, why would the engineer ask them for immortality?
>>
Meredith was perfect.
>>
>>66728274
I wasn't following properly I thought he could have been boasting, I see. Yea that's snit but isn't that what the guy programmed him to say bc he's an asshole
>>
>>66725992
shit-taste and autism
>>
>>66728106
David could have just gone into cryosleep and waited for a cure.

The whole premise of the movie is retarded.
>>
>>66728436
*sorry that old guy not the android, fuck this movie was forgettable
>>
>>66728436
True but man is flawed and he was curious and wanted to go on an adventure
>>
>>66728436
>cure
the man's old as fuck. The only thing that was saving him would be some kind of immortality miracle. Human medicine is never going to push a man past 200 years old without some kind of special bullshit.

He didn't just have AIDS or something, he was as old as any man could expect to live but didn't want to let go of life. Even being frozen indefinitely wasn't good enough for him, he didn't just want to be alive, he wanted to live.
>>
>>66728623
>Already have a fully working AI robot
>Capable of interstellar travel

Dude was at most 10-20 years away from a full singularity. In fact, it should have already been possible by that point in time.
>>
>>66728106
It also hints that the Engineers left behind clues so we could find them at that specific location.

Why the fuck would they do that if they were just going to wipe out the human race?

The movie just doesn't make any sense at all, it pretends to be mysterious when in fact it is just challenging the viewer's intelligence with the a bullshit, convoluted plot and retarded characters.
>>
File: Prometheus-_Engineer_Angry.jpg (88 KB, 776x518) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-_Engineer_Angry.jpg
88 KB, 776x518
>>66727649
TWISTED FUCKING PSYCOPATH
>>
>>66726242

That was the change in the Fincher version I was most happy with.

In the original movie my first impression of Bjurman was that he was retarded trying to sexually assault Lisbeth. One look at Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth, and I was scared of her. Not only did she exude those hostile punk warning signs, but looked physically ripped as fuck. She looked like someone who spent her spare time body building, sparring in martial arts rings and regularly gets into fights and wins. I just thought, "moron don't, she'll fuck you in the ass." (I didn't expect her to actually do that though.)

I read the books and Lisbeth was described as this dainty wilting fragile flower. Barely five feet tall, almost thin enough to be anorexic, ghostly pale, and is constantly mistaken to be mentally retarded. Bjurman was a predator and he picked his prey precisely because of those qualities which made him think he could get away with it.

Rooney Mara's Lisbeth fit the description of the book Lisbeth to a T (except she actually has breasts) and I could buy her as being carefully selected by a rapist.
>>
>Hey lets agree to a deep space mission where we get debriefed on its mission only when we cant possibly disagree!
>We found a common star cluster in several ancient cultures, we BELIEVE its an invitation by aliens without any hard evidence to back this theory up
>Holomaps still need patched for stupidity
>Im reading lifeform.......welp see ya in the morning fuckers!
>Alien sex organ snake gives the universal "dont fuck with me" sign and scientist still feels the need to put his face near it
>Space Suit Bong
>Lets hook a car battery up to an alien head
>>
>>66726033
>Better than one of the objectively best movies ever made
Alright, we're going to start rounding up anyone under 30 and shooting them. I'm sorry, we gave you plenty of chances. You fucked them all. Time to clear you out.
>>
>>66726452
Don't forget about the token feminists characters.

If there's one person you send out to grab someone, a task which is entirely based on upper body and grip strength, it's a 120 lb woman.
>>
>>66729500
Different factions within engineerdom with different motives? After I saw it I got the feeling that one group of engineers wanted their runt subspecies dead. The opposing minority did things to prevent that happening at the cost of their own lives. The two factions ideologies comprising the the good and bad in humanity. I mean, that fucking movie is baffling, that's what I came up with.
>>
>>66725992
it was crap
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.