[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reminder that this actually exist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: poster.jpg (209 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
209 KB, 1000x750
reminder that this actually exist
>>
Reminder that there's a sequel.
>>
At first I thought it would be at least somewhat interesting in that they would show how they do some of the stuff they do, but they literally just use actual magic and do stupid fictional shit. Horrible time.
>>
Reminder that Freeman's character did *literally* nothing wrong and that Ruffalo's character in particular is the actual villain.
>>
>>66717990
Yup
With Daniel Radcliffe
>>66718018
It wasn't actual magic
>>
>>66718041
I don't remember it super well, but it was basically 'technology' that doesn't exist to do stupid fictional shit.
>>
>>66718065
Where?
I don't remember any particularly dumb stuff
I liked it
Nice music, cast was pretty good, lots of fun magic tricks
>>
>>66718026
What did Ruffalo do?
>>
File: Capture.png (150 KB, 566x437) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
150 KB, 566x437
>continued laughter
>>
>from the director of The Incredible Hulk and Clash of the Titans
Oh it shows.
>>
>>66718065
it was magic
>>
>>66717731
I really like the concept of magicians using their skills to rob banks, but yeah this was executed pretty poorly.
It isn't bad it's just really bland and boring. And the 'twist' at the end made no sense at all.
>>
>>66718113
Can you float in bubbles?
>>
>>66718147
He maliciously targeted Freeman because his job was to expose magician tricks and make DVDs of them. He exposed Ruffalo's dad and he killed himself because he was a little bitch.
>>
Also that shitty forced romance between Ruffalo and the French girl. I totally did not see it coming because they didn't had any romantic scenes between them.
>>
>magic tricks
>just CGI out the ass with no explanation how it works
every time
>>
>>66718251
Depends on the bubble
When did they do that anyway?
>>
>>66718337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf1O3tk_gmw
>>
>>66718334
I don't get it, it's like in Harry Potter
Why is it bad?
>>
>>66718425
There is a difference between actual magic and magic tricks. Hence the word tricks.
>>
>>66718392
Oh yeah
This was cool
>>
This film almost killed me. It was so infuriating and the moment of the final reveal I felt like just dropping my interest in film entirely
>>
>>66718334
this pissed me off so much. would have been a great movie if they had kept it more grounded in reality.
>>
File: tumblr_lxft2zy3Ct1qaakfwo3_1280.jpg (138 KB, 799x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxft2zy3Ct1qaakfwo3_1280.jpg
138 KB, 799x800
>>66718469
>magic and magic tricks are different
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>66718597
fuck off muggle
>>
>>66718597
Magic is what you see in Harry Potter - It's not real

Magic tricks are what a real life magician does - sleight of hand, misdirection etc.
>>
>>66718660
But it's a movie, how can it be real?
>>
Why does Eisenberg keep getting roles? Inb4 Jew.

He plays the same one dimensional nerdy guy in every movie, I laugh whenever they show him as Lex Luthor, looks like he's in a parody movie.
>>
>>66718690
If the movie implies that actual fantasy magic powers exist within its universe then it's just extremely bad writing.

It's like, i can't write a convincing and compelling illusion that's actually plausible, so i'll just write some visually flashy stuff that's actually impossible and could never work in real life.
>>
>>66719027
Why?
It's a movie not a book, flashiness and visuals are essential parts of it
Might as well have fun with the magic instead of boring grounded "tricks"
if I watch a Hollywood production I expect something more than something I could find in any other magic show
>>
>>66719158
congratulations. you are this films entire demographic.
>>
>>66719158
Because it would have been more entertaining to see actual tricks and not jumping off a building and turning into money.
>>
>>66719183
Nice
>>66719320
I would go to an actual magic show where they wouldn't use CGI and convenient camera placing and cuts
Again what's the point of making a movie at that point?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.