[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO A TOAD WHEN IT'S STRUCK BY LIGHTNING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: toad.png (664 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
toad.png
664 KB, 1280x544
DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO A TOAD WHEN IT'S STRUCK BY LIGHTNING
>>
Yes.
>>
I don't actually...
Enlighten me please
>>
It croaks.
>>
Why does everyone sperg out at that line?
It's perfectly fine.
>>
>>66711127
It's more about Halle Berry's delivery of it that's wrong.
>>
>>66711168
Also it's a terrible line and if you think it's perfectly fine you should literally kill yourself.
>>
>>66711185
It's a boast.
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>66711127
Because it sounds so fucking retarded, and Halle Berry was never a good actor to begin with.
>>
>>66711084
THEY GET ZAPPED
>>
>>66711223
It's not funny, clever, or cool.

Also the camera zooms in and the action stops, like she's about to deliver a really good line.

Also Storm, as a character, should be regal and otherworldly. Why cast this timid mulatto to play someone who is supposed to be a thunderous and proud as a goddess?
>>
>>66711440
>Also the camera zooms in and the action stops, like she's about to deliver a really good line.
That's the whole point, dingus.

It's an undercut.

If she said something you'd expect, there'd be no point.
It'd be boring.
>>
>>66711084
same thing that happens to anything struck by lightning
>>
>>66711084
is it very common for a toad to get struck by lightning? Do you want me to teach you stuff about lightning? You sure sound stupid for someone who fancies herself Storm
>>
>>66711473
No, it would be a typical one-liner in an action movie.

There is absolutely no chance they gave her a bad line on purpose. "B-BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT!!" No. They thought they wrote a really clever like because they are hacks, and they got BTFO once they realized everyone hated it.
>>
"""""Thanks""""", Joss
>>
>>66711555
>There is absolutely no chance they gave her a bad line on purpose. "B-BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT!!
It's not supposed to be shit.
It's supposed to highlight how powerful lightning is. Everything reacts the same way. It gets fucked up.

I can't believe I'm explaining this.
>>
>>66711609
I can't believe you're explaining it either, because it's irrelevant. None of us are confused about what the lines means. We are saying it's bad.

Whatever they were trying to capture with the line failed, and that's why it is universally considered bad. Your contrarianism is boring.
>>
>>66711084
It becomes a meme
>>
>>66711084
This line literally killed her promising career. Then she did Catwoman and it was a one two punch of mediocrity.
>>
>>66711659
Differing of opinion, I suppose.

Like if prime Mike Tyson said something "What's going to happen if you get into the ring with me? The same thing that happened to everyone else".

It's a boast. I think it's fine.
>>
>>66711239
Halle is a good actor, these kind of films are just not for her.
>>
>Toad has a wicked tongue, senator...perfect for rimming out tight twink boypussy

I know Singer and McKellen are gay but they don't need to be this in your face about it.
>>
>>66711722
A year later from X Men she did Monster's Ball. Her career was fine.

She did not read the script when she signed on to Catwoman.
>>
>>66711758
We know it's a boast, why do you keep mentioning that. Do you think boasting makes a line good? Shut up.
>>
DO YOU WANNA GET ZAPPED?
>>
I PUT THE WATTS IN NAOMI

DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LICK A TOAD?

DO YOU EVEN ZAP?
>>
Toad was supposed to have a bigger role, see. Whole movie he was supposed to arrogantly spout bullshit facts about toads, but after they realized how fucking hard it is to work with his makeup (especially eyes, look it up), they cut his role. I think they didn't cut this line because the scene calls for a one-liner, but they didn't think of something cool on such short notice so they rolled with the old script.
>>
>>66711084
It feels a charge?
>>
>>66712509
>Whole movie he was supposed to arrogantly spout bullshit facts about toads

Villain of the century
>>
>>66711758
>Like if prime Mike Tyson said something "What's going to happen if you get into the ring with me? The same thing that happened to everyone else".
who would say that outside of a movie though?
>>
>>66712509
Toad was supposed to return in X2 to have a fight scene with Nightcrawler during the climax. That would've been awesome considering that the movie gives Kurt very little to do after the opening scene.
>>
>>66711113
This would've been a thousand times better if this was the line.
>>
>>66712634
No, that'd have been 10 times worse, man, wtf
>>
>>66712599
Yeah, budget cuts. I don't think Ray Park was really that expensive, so this lines up with makeup issues.
>>
>>66712634
>>66711113

i have had the same thought
>>
>>66712634
Not really. It's the obvious answer that comes to everyone's mind. The writers tried to be funny by subverting expectations but it fell flat.
>>
File: 1437706714303.jpg (244 KB, 1846x1212) Image search: [Google]
1437706714303.jpg
244 KB, 1846x1212
>Halle ad libbing by screaming "ZAP" every time she uses her powers
>mfw they kept it in the movie
>>
>>66711084
he gets burnt into black and red and goes to star in Star Wars
>>
>>66712088
>She did not read the script when she signed on to Catwoman.
I'm guessing she regretted that as she was accepting the razzie for the role.
>>
>>66712509

probably has more to do with the fact that ray park is not an actor
>>
>>66711127
the line would be fine if Bruce Campbell or Nathan Fillion said it
>>
>>66711084

Meh see, nobody messes with the Frog see!
>>
>>66713580
He's not the best, but the lines he had in the movie had a good delivery. The rest shouldn't have been different or difficult.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.