[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are cartoons for kids and babies? Are our friends over at /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: stevenuniverse.png (345 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
stevenuniverse.png
345 KB, 636x358
Are cartoons for kids and babies? Are our friends over at /co/ and /a/ manchildren? It seems that nobody respects animation, it's looked down upon severely and viewed as immature. Thoughts?
>>
File: 841914.jpg (49 KB, 402x604) Image search: [Google]
841914.jpg
49 KB, 402x604
I like some of the cartoons, for example Gravity Falls and pic related is one of the best.

But I honestly think Stevens universe is for manchildren
>>
It depends. It's not like stuff like Avengers, Deadpool, or Jurassic World is any more adult.

Animation is really neat.
>>
There are some fine animated movies out there. I think if a cartoon or anime is decent enough to warrant watching then go ahead.
>>
Cartoons started out as entertainment for children and to this day most of them are for kids
>>
>>66707405
Yes and yes. That doesn't mean there aren't good animated films. But if you watch more anime/cartoons than real films then you are a manchild.
>>
Is pink a girls colour?

Modern society and mainstream media have brainwashed the masses into thinking that certain things are ONLY for certain people and to like it is to be ridiculed.

So to answer your question, no, cartoons and anime are for anyone who finds them appealing.
>>
>>66707868
>modern society
More like past societies. We are living in a world where being a nerd is not shameful anymore.
>>
>>66707405
steven is literally mlp2
>>
File: tintin.jpg (51 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tintin.jpg
51 KB, 1920x1080
American TV cartoons are often made for younger audiences, it's not as true in Europe and Japan.
Animated movies are another question, although the weight of Disney in the industry and its mediatic firepower did decide what direction to take.
>>
>>66707405
I know this is bait, but I'll still say what I think.
Animation it's a medium, like anything else. Just a tool.
How you use it, it's what matters.
>>
>>66707962

Well said, anon. It's time for TEESSIDE TINTIN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXYz8O7co4
>>
>>66707405
those designs are obviously meant for kids

the creators should be ashamed for pushing their homo agenda on children
>>
>>66707405
>Are cartoons for kids and babies?
>I honestly think Stevens universe is for manchildren

this makes me worry I might be slightly retarded. I don't understand Steven Universe
>>
>>66707923
>the weight of Disney in the industry and its mediatic firepower did decide what direction to take.

Towards infantilism? While old Walt lived anyway; personally I think all the best Disney movies are ones made after he died.
>>
>>66708048
>homo agenda
>>>/pol/
>>
>>66708082
I vastly prefer earlier Disney films. I can't explain it but they feel more pure.
Disney renaissance films, while good, are more calculated.
>>
>>66708115

Yeah, that's about how everyone feels. I think a lot of the old stuff's excruciatingly twee but that in relation to the more recent titles "more calculated" just means "finally starting to advance".
>>
Depends on the show but I can see why few people respect it with the way /co/ act amongst themselves.
>>
It all boils down to subjective opinion. If you allow someone to fuck with you and the way you live your life you should just kill yourself. 22 years old and I still enjoy Cartoon Network as much as I do Adult Swim, Syfy or AMC programming. Better Call Saul is my shit as well as Regular Show. Nobody else's opinion fucks with my personal taste.
>>
>>66708115

Forgot to mention I *do* admire "The Old Mill".
>>
>pander to lesbians
>GREATEST CARTOON OF ALL TIME
Is it really that easy?
>>
>>66708254
>I can see why few people respect it with the way /co/ act amongst themselves.

eh, quite a few of those guys have crossed over. they're not coming back & to be quite honest I don't think they even want to
>>
>>66708378

Shit no. Problem is people in general crave simplicity and since there's an unusually high proportion of 'em on /tv/ at any given time...well, you get the idea.
>>
File: tolkienpipe.jpg (13 KB, 236x258) Image search: [Google]
tolkienpipe.jpg
13 KB, 236x258
"I recognize Walt Disney's talent, but it has always seemed to me hopelessly corrupted. Though in most of the 'pictures' proceeding from his studios there are admirable or charming passages, the effect of all of them to me is disgusting. Some have given me nausea."
>>
>>66708378
It's one of the better cartoons, but it was really shit at first. Really blatant teething problems. Now that they've established the basis of the universe much more, there's more to get invested in as a show, which is why people like it so much.

It does completely pander to Tumblr's special snowflake sensibilities though, and I refuse to watch any more of it after the Zamii070 thing.
>>
>>66708082
Not infantilism but family entertainment.
>>
>>66708579

I think a particular strength of the "renaissance" is how it's done so much more to prove that those aren't synonymous terms.
>>
>>66707916
That's being a bit too harsh on mlp
>>
Let's discuss how Teen Titans Go is undeservingly hated when it should just be looked as a lighthearted comedic companion series to the original and is actually pretty underrated.
>>
>>66709002
It's completely justifiably hated.

They took one of the best cartoons and made a really shitty """"comedy"""" out of it.
>>
>Steven Universe
>Adventure Time
>Gravity Falls
>Over The Garden Wall
>Clarence
>Gumball

All the same show. All the same lazy big round eyes and noodly appendages (one of the cardinal sins of animation) character design. All the same lazy animation quality (choppy, changing as little as possible from one frame to the next, reusing frames). All the same quirky lolsorandom humor. All the same pandering.

How does anyone watch cartoons anymore? These are all the things that made anime shit since forever and now American cartoons are tarnished too. I used to study animation, but these shows and their aggressive, retarded fans really helped convince me to drop out.
>>
>>
>>66709043
Not the answer I was expecting or wanted. Disregarded and furthermore ignored until you grasp the concept of fun.
>>
>>66709079
>fun
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>66709055
Add Rick & Morty to that list and we're good.
>>
>>66709071
Holy fuck...the Jews have fucking destroyed our country

I remember when this kind of shit was unthinkable
>>
>>66709106
Nobody cares what you think though
>>
>>66709110
Remember when your grandpa used to say crazy shit you thought was inconceivably racist/ignorant. Like you'd be watching george of the jungle and he'd say something like "get that devil inspired nigger racemixing propaganada out of here!"

I'm beginning to understand why he said those things, and furthermore, I'm realizing he was right.
>>
>>66709134
OP obviously cares, since he asked for my opinion.
>>
>>66709170
OP made a troll thread
>>
>>66708556
>the Zamii070 thing
Que?
>>
>>66709151
I don't really mind "racemixing" like if a man and woman love each other they should be allowed to marry whatever the race, I wouldn't let my daughter marry a nigger or a hick but a respectable man of whatever race is fine by me.
>>
File: Tab2-300x255[1].jpg (30 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
Tab2-300x255[1].jpg
30 KB, 300x255
One of the funniest cartoons i've seen in a while.

And Im not a cartoon kinda guy.
>>
>>66709196
Well now I feel dumb.
>>
>>66709240
>>66709196
OP here, not a troll thread although the language I used was aggressive.
>>
>>66709202
Tumblr fags bullied a girl into attempting suicide because she drew a character differently.
>>
I don't know man, Gravity Falls is fucking amazing, Avatar was incredible (hell, I even thought Korra was fantastic), and I've just started watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Netflix - turns out it's the best Star Trek since Deep Space Nine. They get away with so much because most of the violence isn't directed at "humans"
>>
>>66709096
Don't suggest your favorite site that you frequent to me, faggot.
>>
>manchildren

When will this meme end?
>>
>>66709861
Once they grow up.
>>
>>66709861
Once they get a full time job and raise a family, saying goodbye to the days of unlimited free time and become responsible.

wew lad
>>
>>66707405
Why do I get cancer vibes just from looking at images of this cartoon? I've never seen it and it just looks like shit.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.