[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vikings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6
File: vikings3a.jpg (486 KB, 1500x609) Image search: [Google]
vikings3a.jpg
486 KB, 1500x609
Too many fucking plot lines and what the fuck is even going
>>
Literal ""turn your brain off"" TV and you can't follow it?

lmao
>>
>>66707395
AIDSmoby detected.
>>
File: lagertha fuck pussy sex face.webm (499 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lagertha fuck pussy sex face.webm
499 KB, 1280x720
>>66707395
only problem is not enough Lagertha
>>
>>66707395
it really wants to steal GoT's thunder
>>
what was up with all the wife-sharing in the first season?

Like ragnar was willing to have his wife get fucked by preist boy andthen the earl too
>>
>>66707395
>it doesn't make sense for ragnar to torture floki like that
>it doesn't make sense for rollo to betray ragnar so easily for the second time
>it doesn't make sense that the bitch let the king fuck her so easily

And many more, they just give up at this point someone drops some stupid idea and they flip a coin.
>>
>>66707533
>ragnar tortures him like that due to how fenrir was
>how? he has always envied his brothers success.
>fity
>>
>>66707395
When is the series gonna end?
The end of the Great Heathen Army?
I think maybe it'll end on a weak note with Rallo's progeny: William the Conqueror. Maybe even add Erik Årsäll to symbolize the quiet death of paganism.
>>
>>66707606
>how? he has always envied his brothers success.
Oh fuck off with that stupid excuse, he is jealous so what? he also admires and loves him they fought so many battles together and then some stranger tells him to join him against his brother and he just does it? twice?
Doesn't make any sense
>>
>>66707770
He admires and loves him but was willing to take the chance to be equal with him the first time.

Then he was basically offered that and accepted.
>>
File: Rollo_statue.jpg (251 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
Rollo_statue.jpg
251 KB, 800x1067
>>66707533
>>it doesn't make sense for rollo to betray ragnar so easily for the second time
Nothing wrong with playing for side that wins
>>
>>66707511
Ragnar wanted a threesome.
And the earl was when he divorced Lagertha
>>
>>66707619
>The end of the Great Heathen Army?

With Alfred the Great? I'd be fascinated to see that.

>maybe it'll end on a weak note with Rallo's progeny: William the Conqueror.

(Gobs filthily over shoulder.)
>>
I want Rollo to speak French and put the slut in her place.
Also, more action pls.
>>
>>66708131
>>maybe it'll end on a weak note with Rallo's progeny: William the Conqueror.
>(Gobs filthily over shoulder.)
Well, it wouldn't be very Viking-ish to end with William - a christian. Plus, that would be one hell of a time skip: six generations. Not what I would call faithful to the series' name.
>>
>>66707619
End of the great heathen army would only be logical. They'd have to skip some time so Ragnar's other sons and Alfred are old enough though, and the pace is currently so slow that it would feel a bit crammed probably.
>>
File: berserker.png (2 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
berserker.png
2 MB, 1916x1076
He's gonna die like a bitch, isn't he?
>>
>>66709234
Considering they made Björn kill a bear with a knife/hatchet within 5 seconds, yes.
>>
>>66707395
Nothing even happened to advance the plot last episode, I don't know how you can possibly be confused about it
>>
>>66707996
But from his perspective, he joined the side that just lost. Rollo can't see the future.
>>
Too much shit to be enjoyable. What the fuck is up with all the leather clothing? That is not how Norse people dressed.

The whole show is stupid because Ragnar wouldn't even raid anything. He had it made.
>>
>>66707511
>>66708093
>this meme that Ragnar was gonna let his wife get fucked and it wasn't a test to Athelstan
It needs to die
>>
File: otp2.jpg (40 KB, 860x207) Image search: [Google]
otp2.jpg
40 KB, 860x207
>>66707511
>Ragnar was willing to have his wife get fucked by preist boy

Ragnar wants Applestan's bp
>>
>>66709570
Ragnar will probably lay siege to Paris a second time and return to Britain for a raid.
Also the authenticity is actually decent in comparison to other "historical" tv shows, but I don't understand either why you wouldn't just stick to they stuff they actually wore back then.
>>
>>66709690

But why would he raid anything in the first place? He had:

>good wife
>farm
>children
>land

He was basically upper muddle class. The raiding was done by Norsemen that were poor as shit.

I don't even know why I am bothering to be angry since Kattegat is not a village. Everything just makes me mad and people will take the show as some sort of historical fact. If not literally that, then it will subtly change people's views on actual vikings.

Also shieldmaidens lol
>>
>>66709816
He wants fame and glory.
Bitchboy like you wouldn't understand
>>
>>66707395
Idk, OP, I lost interest the moment Ragnar shaved his head.
>>
>>66709671
>inserting your gay fetishes into the show
Pls go. If you know anything about Travis is that he never gives a direct answer to anything, look at the rest of the AMA.
>>
Do they really think people will follow this show with Björn etc. being the lead?
Travis Fimmel is just too fucking great to watch as Ragnar, once he dies the show dies aswell.
>>
>>66709234
feel like he is going to become a mentor for bjorn (I hope)
>>
>>66709844

Lothbrok probably didn't even exist.
>>
>>66709542
>Rollo can't see the future.
But the seer can, and he remembers what he told him.
>>
Can someone break down what's going on in Wessex for me?
>>
>>66710141
>But the seer can
when will this meme end
>>
>>66707395
You must be retarded
>>
>>66707455
It's not that hard to try because it's better than GoT.
>>
>>66710150
Ecbert is being a total stud and finding a way of becoming Brytenwalda
Everyone else continues to be useless
>>
>>66709816
Because he wanted the gods to notice him.
>>
>>66709234

The preview for the next episode literally reveals this, with Bjorn returning to the village. Also:

>Berzerker

I thought this meme was dead, these people need to stop playing video games.
>>
>>66710150
All i know is he screwed over Ragnar taking the land he promised him and everything else is a blur, wished I would've binged this instead of having to wait a year.
>>
>>66710252
Why wouldn't you include them in the show though? Maybe not as grunting assassins, but I liked the less stereotypical approaches in the former seasons.
>>
>History Channel will never be good and actually about history ever again

I blame Pawn Stars.
>>
Anonymous 03/05/16(Sat)15:15:10 No.66710014▶

Do they really think people will follow this show with Björn etc. being the lead?
Travis Fimmel is just too fucking great to watch as Ragnar, once he dies the show dies aswell.

couldn't agree more
>>
>>66710414
>quoting like that
nigger what the fuck you doing
>>
>>66710414
They should focus on Sigurd & Ivar instead
>>
>>66710414
The coincidence of your misquote and your post ending in 14 confused the shit out of me for a moment
>>
>>66709951
Well Anon...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW00zEDHn6c
>>
>>66710414
Bjorn's a fun guy, he pretends to be dead and fucks up backwater monasteries assuming they are Rome and all sorts of silly shit like that post Ragnar
>>
>>66709816
>But why would he raid anything in the first place?
Needed money for dem programs
>>
>>66709951
>>66710533

I wouldn't mind if Ragnar was bi as long as they weren't overt about it. But for TV, it'll always be used as a big shocker like Black Sails did last season.
>>
>>66707434
you mean that torrents are only us version
>>
>>66710763
you mean to tell me I can see more Lagertha on some Euro rip of the episode?
>>
>>66710375

Because "Berzerkers" aren't a thing. There weren't specific people/warriors who dedicated to going "berzerk", it was just a battle rage phase some warriors went through in history.

Your stereotypical video game "Berzerker" is some no-armored idiot with a big weapon (they literally did this in the show, muh Rollo), which isn't a fucking thing.
>>
>>66707395
>Season 1
>unimpressed
>Season 2
>worse than season 1
Fucking dropped!
>>
>>66707619
I hope we get some varangian guard shit. I want to see Grecco-Vikings fighting saracens
>>
>>66707533
He probably assumes Ragnar is dead.
>>
>>66710820
As far as the "so crazy bloodlust dude with no armour but high STR stat" bullshit it is. I'd always assumed the guys who wore wolf or bear pelts mentioned in the sagas were like a personal bodyguard for the commander and were really good at fighting so they compared it to the strongest wild animals around
>>
>>66710820
>Berserkers weren't a thing
Didn't know you knew better than historians, sorry.
Of yourse it might have been random people going berserk, but it might just as well have been a specific group of people on drugs. How do you know?
>>
>>66710981
Yeah, and I'm sure they literally ate fucking burning coal and didn't die too. Retard
>>
>>66711069
I'm sure they didn't. Maybe you're the retard.
>>
>>66710981

Point out the "historians" who say Berzerkers were real. In fact there are a few people who have disproved this shit already
>>
>>66707395
DUDE SHEILDMAIDENS LMAO SO PROMINENT
>>
>>66711104
But it's in the same story, why is one true and the other bullshit anon? Show your working, because apparently these drugs were so fuck awesome they meant you couldn't get burnt or be cut by a blade
>>
>>66710820
erm berserkers were real or at least referenced enough around Europe to 'probably' be real.

They were thought to be just drugged-up lunatics. Imagine Mike Tyson with loads of drugs and painkillers. I believe they were only ever used against invaders/people who threatened their culture. I don't believe they were ever used for inter-tribe warfare or any of that, simply for the fact that the warrior really did need the motivation to fight so ferociously.
>>
>>66711209
>erm berserkers were real or at least referenced enough around Europe to 'probably' be real.
Dwarves and Elves confirmed for real, you heard it here first
>>
>>66711136
How was it disproven? And how do you explain the term "berserk" then? Also I was the one who said you cannot exactly say what or who they were, learn to read.

>>66711142
What story exactly are you talking about?
>>
technically what a berserker actually was was essentially a champion for whoever he served and would fight for them in duels for land or claimants, there are't really many historical cases of people going "berserk" and the word "berserk" or "berserker" wasn't even used in the context of a mad warrior
>>
>>66711242
>And how do you explain the term "berserk" then?
Berserkr literally means "bear shirt", they were mostly likely the hand picked best fighters and the Saxons made up bullshit stories about them literally eating hot coals and eating their shields and other retarded shit because they had no internet back then
>>
>>66710820
>watches lindybeige once
>>
>>66711371
>Watching lindybeige at all
>>
>>66711320
Glad we agree that they existed then. Also the etymology isn't completly clear.

>>66711317
>citation needed
>>
>>66711371

No actually I found out about it on reddit, I don't know who your meme YouTuber is and you should literally feel bad because only you seem to have watched that
>>
>>66710820
You realize that the word bersek means "bear clothes" and refers to a certain class of warriors who wore bear pelts. It's not a state of mind.
>>
>>66711412
eat my ass jew
>>
>>66711412
>the etymology isn't completly clear.
It's very clear, they wore wolf (though the wolf one has another name for it I can't remember) or bear styled armour, this is not up for debate
>>
>>66711551
Some say they wore pelts, some say the ber- refers to bare, some say it simply means they fought like bears. But I guess you know best.
>>
>>66710411

Blame Discovery and Deadliest Catch for being successful. That is what really started all these shit reality shows on what used to be channels about learning, science and history.
>>
>>66711551
>ulvahedning
also horned helmets appearantly wasn't something pulled out of 19th centurie romantic ass
>>
>>66711680
>Want to watch History
>Swamp Pawn and Counting Cars
>Go back to watching Bizarre Foods on Travel ch.

Fuck history.
>>
>>66711677
>some say the ber- refers to bare
Literally only illiterate historians think this shit, it's not berrserkr
>>
>>66710252
>>66710820
>>66711069
>>66711136
>>66711142
First of all, samefag.
Second, berserkers existed. They were a class of warriors who wore bear pelts and used alcohol and drugs to enhance their battle rage and as painkillers. This doesn't mean they didn't get cut or die like any other man. The burning coal thing is of course a myth created to inspire more fear of them.
But i suppose you think we believe that real berserkers are just like the ones in videogames, typical american retarded thinking.
>>
>>66711830
I only got 2 (you)s family
>>
>>66711887

Meaning there's more of you idiots?

Life never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>66711830

Not samefag, and you missed the fucking point, which was there is no such thing as naked warriors with two handed weapons who were called "Berzerkers" and were dedicated to going "Berzerk"

Everyone knows there are references to Berzerkers in history books
>>
>>66711939
I never once pretended there weren't guys who wore cosplay gear and fucked shit up my man
>>
>>66711721
Well yes and no.
I believe like less than 5 Viking helmets have ever been found none have horns. And that bronze etching was discovered in the 20th century and is from like the 6th century or something, before the Vikings.

So 19th century romanticists were just making shit up with horned viking helmets, but they have had existed
>>
>>66710150
Ecbert needs to keep Gwynfrith on the throne of Mercia and he's also cucking his son by sleeping with his wife. Though Aethelwulf now seeks to be sleeping with the nympho queen now.
>>
>>66707533
1. Ragnar was forced to make a choice when bjorn arrested floki in public, he didn't want to kill his friend but he still wanted him to suffer for what he did.
2. It's not the first time it happened and it was only a matter of time before he did it again. He just saw a good opportunity.
3. I don't even know why you care about that, it's one of the least interesting plotlines and anyway, women weren't even allowed to study at the time, let alone learn how to decorate holy books She got away with sleeping with a monk and bearing his child, she's literally the most free woman in the show.
>>
>>66712022(checked)
of course horned helmets were made up
but it wasnt something completely made up
the romanticists likely mistook bronze age helmets and statues and other older findings for viking age
>>
>>66711942
They weren't "dedicated", they weren't called berserkers of course, they may or may not have wielded two handed weapons, and the bear pelt thing does not necessarily mean they were naked, it's probably another myth (same purpose as the burning coal thing.

You seem to miss an important point though.
This is a SHOW. Not a documentary. It doesn't have to be 110% historically accurate, especially when we don't have that many informations about viking history, since they weren't exactly civilized like romans or greeks and didn't leave us many writing about them.
>>
Get out now, it's the ONLY good show that is not a miniseries that is still running in HC.
>>
Someone post Judith's ass from the last episode please.
>>
why's everyone so gay for athelstan anyway
>>
>>66711781

Yeah, but those are the ones I listen to because their bullshit supports my pleb show's pleb presentation of history, and, furthermore, I'm a fucking moron.
>>
why is floki screaming? is it just water drops annoying him so he cant sleep?
>>
>>66707395
I feel like quality dropped dramatically after S2. Hows S4 going?
>>
>>66715598
chinese water torture mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IADigktR1uY
>>
>>66716021
>alright let's try this
>whaa i'm uncomfortable
>the end.
>>
>>66710763
You mean there are non-US versions with naked ladies?
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.