[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 937x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 937x724
You're in charge of making a "The Warriors" remake/reboot/sequel.

How would you do it?
>>
Cast Leslie Jones and turn it into a Klumps-esque performance
>>
>>66704977
>How would you do it?

Not at all.

Why remake a good movie. Makes no sense unless you're only interested in money.
>>
ALL WOMEN CAST
L
L

W
O
M
E
N

C
A
S
T
>>
>>66704977
Cast Neil Patrick Harris and turn it into a Klumps-esque performance
>>
Bale as Swan, Paul Dano as Ajax
>>
>>66704991
You know how Hollywood works.
They're only doing it for the money. But this time you're in charge, so you can make sure it's not completely trash, maybe even decent. How are you going to do that?
>>
>>66705042
you're shitting me with that, right? Dano as Ajax? That pussy can play Rembrandt, not Ajax.
>>
>>66704991
This. Not only that, The Warriors is very much a product of its generation. A remake would either sell like shit or be altered to the point of being unrecognisable.

I'll take the money and do a more historically accurate re-imagining of the War of the Three Kingdoms in a post-apocalyptic future. Capitalize on Mad Max hype, got a great story already set up, and it not being based in historical China means I won't have to glorify Shu or face assassination.
>>
>>66704977
All black cast
>>
>>66704977
Just play the game.

It's good.
>>
>>66704977
Ps2 game was GOAT
>>
File: 1428860503558.jpg (21 KB, 466x359) Image search: [Google]
1428860503558.jpg
21 KB, 466x359
make them all female
>>
All female cast and the person of oppression has a STEM degree.
>>
>>66705134
>>66705135
>hi/v/emind
>>
More interracial gay sex
>>
>>66705112
I know you're memeing but that was the directors original plan but the studios wouldn't let him do it.
>>
>>66705211
Why would I be meming you faggot? It's still the best idea and I bet the studios still wouldn't do it.
>>
>>66705097
This. Gangs aren't even a thing anymore outside of prison, not like it once was.

Good ol cocaine ruined everything.
>>
>>66704993
>women gangs beating each other up
>I'm gonna stick that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle
Oh lawdy
>>
>>66704991
>the Warriors
>good

Pleb
>>
>>66704977

The technical right answer is "don't remake it" but I'll play along.

Original movie's premise is gangs outnumbering cops. New version is people rising up against police/financial establishment, leading to martial law and semi-permanent warring between citizens and military.

Cyrus is a former military official who can end the in-fighting, unite the gangs and "take back their country." Luther kills him for the lulz, go forward with harder-hitting fight scenes similar to The Raid.

Keep the unique gangs (maybe create new ones) and the Warriors trying to clear their name, just put in better fight choreography and jettison the dated elements of the original film.

tl;dr keep the good parts that made The Warriors cool, get rid of everything else
>>
>>66705336
George Lucas, is that you?
>>
Would The Warriors even work at all today?

It's totally a product of its generation.
People aren't familiar with such violence and struggle anymore, youngsters are a generation of spoiled and easily offended rich children. The "grown on the street" generation don't exist anymore, not like yesterday at least.
We forgot the time of that inevitable street violence, we usually tend to condemn it. Also what about the actual rape implications, the triumph of the strong over the weak and everything else? The movie is full of concepts that simply wouldn't work anymore.

Today, people would deeply hate a movie like The Warriors.
>>
>>66705092
DUDE HE CAN PLAY REMBRANDT NOT AJAX RIGHT???
>>
>>66704977
Make it more true to the book, meaning no white leads. Keep the gang rape scene.
>>
>>66704977
make it about cyrus' sucessor as word spreads of the warriors taking on the gangs which leads to their ranks growing and challenging the riffs whom they later join an alliance with against police crackdown.

end with sucessful uprising and martial law, sequel cliffhanger
after credits scene:
man in suit approaches an old black man at a jazz bar
its cleon

>drown in hollywood hookers and blow.
>>
>These chicks are packed!

What did he mean by this?
>>
Set it in Present Day London
Make it have nothing to do with the original
>>
>>66704977
I'd tell them to fuck off, The Warriors is just fine as it is.
>>
>>66704977
Literally shot for shot remake with just the quality of today's technology
>>
all black cast with one white female that gets drilled by multiple BBCs while a white cuck preps and tends to the bucks
>>
>>66705817
I'd pay to watch this
>>
>>66705255
But they're shit, they had guns and the element of surprise and still fucked it up.
>>
>>66705668
They had fully erect 12 inch penises.
>>
File: Thewarriors2.jpg (123 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
Thewarriors2.jpg
123 KB, 550x309
Who was Luther talking to?
>>
- Remake but set in in 1800s England. Have the gangs just as ridiculous yet keep the general tone and themes of the movie similar to the original. Have some big time gang leader do the same thing as Cyrus but instead of him getting killed, have it that he was working with Scotland Yard or some shit and that it was all a trap. Also, he survives wearing some bullet-proof shit and have his "killer" in on the whole thing too like Luther was. The Warriors not only try to get back to their turf, but they also find a way to make everyone involved with the trap pay.

- Prequel about the Riff's creator and Riffs rise to power set in the late 50s-early 60s. Cyrus would play a role similar towards the protagonist of the movie like Sean Bean does towards Achilles in Troy. Creator ends up getting fucked in the end by the police and conspirators during a sitdown with rival warlords just before it looks like peace is about to be achieved. Cyrus is working behind his back trying to take him out and take over the Riffs and its implied he is the one who tipped the police. Masai will play a small role as the creator's right hand man and he takes over the Riffs partnering with Cyrus in the end without knowing Cyrus' sabotage. Cleon plays a small role as a rookie in the Riffs ranks.

- Sequel set two years later. The Warriors are all dead, jailed or disappeared after Swan is killed in an ambush. Five Warriors remain but four of them all leave their leader since its there's no fucking point to go on anymore. Leader is only holding on to the vest out of respect to Swan and struggles to find a way out. The Riffs have taken over most of NY and all gangs are basically under their foot. Suddenly, Masai is gunned down outside his warehouse and the only witness claims a Warrior did it. One by one, the four ex-Warriors are all killed by various gangs after a bounty is put on them. Leader is the last one alive and he has to escape from NY or else he is kill. Call it The Warrior or Last Warrior.
>>
>>66705300
end yourself
>>
I would take the ideas from the movie and transplant them into an Arkham City film.
>>
>>66704977
>How would you do it
I would definitely not use images of late era Roman legionaries and Praetorian guard to illustrate the Greek soldiers in 401BC.
>>
Steph Curry starring
>>
File: Warriors-illustration.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Warriors-illustration.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
>>66706300
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.