[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some films about unhappy marriages?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: 1432792764206.webm (2 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1432792764206.webm
2 MB, 720x720
What are some films about unhappy marriages?
>>
>unhappy
it's called being mexican
>>
why do third worlders always have a high temper
>>
File: 1450073788337.jpg (18 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
1450073788337.jpg
18 KB, 220x326
>>66700131
>>
>>66700131
Your family's home movies
>>
>>66700243

Because when everything around you sucks, you can only act accordingly.
>>
>>66703158
Literally opened this tab to post those exact words.
>>
>>66700190
hispanics have the lowest divorce rates than any other race.
>>
>>66700131
All movies depicting marriage are inherently unhappy.
Marriage is a patriarchal conspiracy to keep women subservient and the institution should be banned in the interests of true equality.
>>
>>66700190
>mexican
>Clearly Turkish in the bottom right

How to spot a low-IQ uncultured moron
>>
>>66700131

Wild Tales. The ultimate wedding-gone-wrong movie. Well, it's the last of 6 short stories told within the movie.
>>
File: Wild-Tales.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Wild-Tales.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>66700131
>>
Riding in cars with boys
>>
>>66700131
Tremors 2
>>
>>
>>66700131
Lost in Translation.
>>
File: okay whatever man.webm (623 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
okay whatever man.webm
623 KB, 1000x563
What's even the point of getting married?

Seems like a real inefficient use of money.

Then why risk the all the shit that happens in a divorce?
>>
>>66703459
>Michael Shannon acts dicaprio and winslet into the ground in less than sixty seconds: the movie
how the fuck was he general zod
>>
>>66700131
Citizen Kane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyOC8GF-qg
>>
Blue Valentine
>>
>>66703243

>In unhappy marriage because you're catholic
>Cant divorce because you're catholic
>>
>>66703479
The start or continuation of a legacy. Doesn't matter though, too many women these days are lemons.

>"The Market for Lemons: Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism"is a 1970 paper by the economist George Akerlof which examines how the quality of goods traded in a market can degrade in the presence of information asymmetry between buyers and sellers, leaving only "lemons" behind. A lemon is an American slang term for a car that is found to be defective only after it has been bought.

>Suppose buyers can't distinguish between a high-quality car (a "peach") and a "lemon". Then they are only willing to pay a fixed price for a car that averages the value of a "peach" and "lemon" together (pavg). But sellers know whether they hold a peach or a lemon. Given the fixed price at which buyers will buy, sellers will sell only when they hold "lemons" (since plemon< pavg) and they will leave the market when they hold "peaches" (since ppeach> pavg).

>Thus the uninformed buyer's price creates an adverse selection problem that drives the high-quality cars from the market. Adverse selection is the market mechanism that leads to a market collapse.

>Akerlof's paper shows how prices can determine the quality of goods traded on the market. Low prices drive away sellers with high-quality goods leaving only lemons behind. Akerlof, Michael Spence, and Joseph Stiglitz jointly received the Nobel Memorial Prize n Economic Sciences in 2001 for their research related to asymmetric information.

Basically the best women aren't available because they're wifed up right away.
>>
>>66701610

This. Also greatest love movie ever.
>>
American Beauty
>>
Harmontown
>>
>>66703479
>Then why risk the all the shit that happens in a divorce?

There shouldn't be a divorce if you were as picky as you can be and be a good judge of character so you don't waste your time with women who aren't up to your standards. Yes, men can have standards especially if you got your shit together and especially when you're dealing with women who have no standards at all. It may take a long time, but eventually you'll find someone who completes a part of you that is missing and who you want to spend the rest of your life with.
>>
>>66703479
there isn't anymore
getting married was only a thing when you couldn't legally have sex or have a proper son/daughter legally without marriage
>>
>>66703804
But people change.
I won't marry the woman I find perfect. Cos things might change and fuck up. Being married only complicates the break up.
>>
File: wedontlivehereanymore02.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
wedontlivehereanymore02.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>>66701610
Before Midnight
45 Years
We Don't Live Here Anymore
Scenes from a Marriage; if you consider the theatrical cut
The Kids are Alright; lesbians
Men, Women & Children; not really the focus
>>
>>
>>66703882
That's why you spend your 20's accumulating wealth and improving yourself.

In your 30's you find a teenage virgin and marry her.

This is how it's worked for millions of years and it's for a good reason.
>>
>>66703479
Because if you're in an LTR you get taken more seriously by society if you're married. It's dumb but that's how it is.
>>
>>66700190
*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
File: WarOfTheRoses1.jpg (579 KB, 1050x802) Image search: [Google]
WarOfTheRoses1.jpg
579 KB, 1050x802
>>66700131
They tried to market this as a comedy but its not...at all.
>>
http://nobudge.com/main/new-cops
>>
>>66703982
Teenage virgins would be the worst. You have NO idea what type of woman they're going to become. And it'll most likely be someone you aren't compatible with.
>>
Im in love with a married woman. And she loves me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.