[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so bad about blackface?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: whoopi.jpg (245 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
whoopi.jpg
245 KB, 610x458
What's so bad about blackface?
>>
Doesn't Danson regret every minute of this?
>>
cuz we wuz kangs thats why
>>
>>66699778
Ted Danson is GOAT. No one else has the balls he has.
>>
File: 1355190030786.gif (2 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1355190030786.gif
2 MB, 160x120
It's a tradition of the celebrity roasts at the Friar's Club that everything goes - that no joke is in such bad taste that it cannot be told. Friday, that tradition may have ended, as a roast for Whoopi Goldberg turned into such a tasteless display that some audience members hid their faces in their hands, and others left.

They cringed in disbelief during the opening monologue by actor Ted Danson, Whoopi's lover, who appeared in blackface and used the word "nigger" more than a dozen times during a series of jokes that drew smaller and smaller laughs, until finally the audience was groaning and Danson faltered as he tried to plow through his written material.

At one point he even ate watermelon.
>>
Whoopi Goldberg is such a coon, grinning ear to ear while her white daddy makes a mockery of her race.
>>
>>66700191
hello virgin
>>
>>66700191
Whoopi thought it was funny and defended it.
>>
>>66699921

he thought it was okay because he was dating whoopie goldberg
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1902x3834) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1902x3834
I never knew this happened
>>
Minstrel comedy is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfiNT6AKG0s

Wish I could attend a show.
>>
These are fucking great XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_swtbIi2F0
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 560x315
>>66699778
Nothing
>>
>>66699778
Right, and Michael Richards is grilled and labeled a racist.

They're both funny actually. Just like black face and Pee Wee Herman.
>>
niggers cant complain

its a pretty accurate imitation act
>>
>>66699778
Nothing, just in the same way there's nothing wrong with blacks in whiteface.
>>
Blacks are a sacred cow.
>>
>>66699778
it reminds me that blacks exist.
>>
>>66700292
whoopi seems based
>>
Ted danson is such a fucking bad ass
>>
File: 1423074785712.jpg (80 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1423074785712.jpg
80 KB, 479x720
>>66700292
Whoopi defends everything. She defended Cosby and Mel Gibson.
>>
>>66701673
black people don't go into white face, or at least, haven't in popular media
you might be thinking of a key and peele segment where they've toned down their skin colors and talked in an american accent, but that's not white face
white face is more like that one japanese commercial where the guy puts on a blonde wig and "white guy" nose
the opposite of what key and peele/chappelle did is what robert downey jr did in tropic thunder

tldr, it's kinda offensive, but it's not "race"face
>>
File: paulsen.png (151 KB, 477x314) Image search: [Google]
paulsen.png
151 KB, 477x314
well, MUH RACISM for starters, but this is one of my favorite comedic bits ever and it works because he doesn't tell a single joke about black people or ever acknowledge that he's wearing blackface at all. What fuckin balls, man, Pat Paulsen was raw as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2u40Tv9D0
>>
>>66699778

shoe polish is a **** to clean off
>>
>>66701351
It's because there weren't cameras there so people could put it on the internet and let everyone in the world know at once, familia, it's not some conspiracy against Michael Richards. The fact that it was a roast for Whoopi Goldberg and she liked it probably helped, too, whereas I feel like Michael Richard's hecklers didn't take too kindly to being called nigger.
>>
>>66701733
indeed she does seem quite based fellow anonymous I miss her trolling on the view she was the only good thing that show ever did
>>
>>66701733
And she says she'll leave the country when Trump is elected so we don't have to deal with her anymore! How based is that?
>>
File: trump ingests liberal tears.jpg (84 KB, 428x427) Image search: [Google]
trump ingests liberal tears.jpg
84 KB, 428x427
>>66702169
>another reason to vote for Trump

didn't need it, but i'll take it
>>
>>66701830
>japanese commercial where the guy puts on a blonde wig and "white guy" nose

lol whitey backed the fuck out
>>
>>66702013
Pretty funny, apparently they didn't air the bit.
>>
>>66700450
What the fuck? Just how long has this SJW stuff been going on?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.