[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mad Max Fury Road Pretty much universal acclaim from men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: madmax.png (1 MB, 1053x789) Image search: [Google]
madmax.png
1 MB, 1053x789
>Mad Max Fury Road

Pretty much universal acclaim from men who saw it, even despite the fact that Max, the series main character, took the backseat to a female lead with mostly female supporting roles; No one bats an eye

>Ghostbusters

'THE ONLY REASON FOR THE HATE IS MISOGYNY.' Definitely not because Sony is using a beloved franchise as a platform for a fucking Melissa McCarthy comedy movie that looks genuinely terrible
>>
>>66698519
One was a continuation of a series by the original director fulfilling an artistic desire he'd nursed for 30 years.

The other is a continuation by new people, referencing the original series with cardboard cutout caricatures and an all female cast in a desperate attempt to appeal to a broader audience to make money.

One is a passion project.
The other has no soul.
>>
Mad Max should have won Best Picture.

I understand that Best Picture is a platform reserved for pushing the Academy's own personal political agendas, but the movie was so fucking refreshing.
>>
>>66698605
this ghostbusters remake will probably be worse than the robocop remake. robocop has always been one of my favorite action movies and I fell asleep while I was watching the remake on tv, not kidding.
>>
>>66698605
I know, but, as much as Sony and McCarthy suck, it's not them I'm talking about here. It's the articles that are literally using titles like 'Ghostbusters trailer gets hate, and yes it's all from misogynistic men'. Where were these journalists when movies like Mad Max were being celebrated?
>>
>>66698775
Like any quasi-journalist they only focus on things which fit their agenda and ignore the rest.
>>
>>66698519
Christ. It's been less than a year since it came out and you've completely either forgotten or mentally blocked the complete sjw shitstorm of feminist this and mra that that this movie brought with it?
>>
>>66698775
Talking about a bullshit made up boycott from MRA?
Just ignore the clickbait journalists. It's the best everyone can do.
>>
>>66700710
Drama queens being drama queens. Color me shocked.
>>
>>66700710
this
>>
Mad max was just bad ass looking cars and shit doing bad ass stuff. The story was negligible.
>>
>>66701327
Pretty much, the wives were just walking plot devices
>>
>>66698519
There is a lot of misogyny involved with the criticisms of Ghostbusters

>It's still going to suck
>>
I still remember all of the threads on /tv/ calling Fury Road a feminzai shill film and a kike conspiracy, and the posts about the boycott

You're not fooling me faggot
>>
>>66702147
Problem is that it was hard to tell which ones were memeing and which ones were truly butthurt
>>
>>66702199
Sure if you're an intellectually duplicitous faggot trying to rewrite history.
>>
Mad Max is an action movie with a mostly female lead cast, Ghostbusters is a lousy cash-in with womyn for muh progressives. The female cast didn't hurt Mad Max because it was never rubbed in our faces that LOL WOMEN.

I see SJW propaganda everywhere and it really wasn't in this film.
>>
>>66702595
Same. I went into the movie (Mad Max) weary, hoping there wouldn't be too much SJW pandering. I was very pleasantly surprised that there wasn't any. The only scene that felt out of place was when Furiosa just starts screaming into the sky
>>
>>66698519
It was mostly just retards such as yourself that were convinced mad Max was a feminist movie
>>
>>66698519
>t Max, the series main character, took the backseat to a female lead with mostly female supporting roles

Honestly you need a massive feminist goggles too see that, when Max was both the brain and the main muscle of the cast, and Nux was the only supporting character with development.
>>
>>66698519
You were probably not here then during the month leading to its premiere. Hundreds of threads bemoaning the death of the white male.
>>
File: billnye_science.gif (47 KB, 283x246) Image search: [Google]
billnye_science.gif
47 KB, 283x246
>>66698519
Max
1. Max ALWAYS had a backseat, except for the very first move, which was an extended prologue for the rest of the series anyway.
2. Only 1 female actually does something
3. It's well written and well directed, an all around good movie
4. It's true to the franchise
Ghostbusters
1. It's all-female as opposed to male and female
2. Female characters represent ~5% of women for the sake of pandering to le stronk independent women
3. It's a shitty sterotype based comedy.
4. It shits on it's franchise
>>
>>66698519
>completely forgetting the hissy fit /tv/ threw after that one article mentioning feminism
>>
>>66698519
>Pretty much universal acclaim from men who saw it, even despite the fact that Max, the series main character, took the backseat to a
You mean like every Mad Max movie?
>>
File: rosie-huntington-whiteley.png (350 KB, 374x781) Image search: [Google]
rosie-huntington-whiteley.png
350 KB, 374x781
>>66698519
D R O P P E D
>>
>>66698767
As unnecessary as the robocop remake was, it wasn't offensive. It had its moments, some good actors and it wasn't a terribly made movie. But it was completely pointless and PG13 to boot.
>>
>>66700710
Stormgirls gonna storm. They never saw any of the other Mad Max movies, so they thought the main character taking the back seat was somehow a novelty.
>>
>>66703547
God she's so perfect
>>
>>66698519
>Pretty much universal acclaim from men who saw it
Actually no, the same autistic basement-dwelling meninists that make threads like this bashed the fuck out of fury road
>>
I guess OP lives in an alternate universe where people weren'the bitching constantly about Max's role in Fury Road.
>>
>>66698519
Mad Max wasn't really successful or popular outside reddit and rotten tomatoes.
And its commercials looked impressive.
>>
>>66705609
>>66705512
>>66703519
>>66703202
Hey! Embarrassing things never happen to me or movements I align with. Just those I disagree with. Understood?
>>
>>66702666
I think you may have Aspergers Satan
>>
>>66705609
Bitching about what exactly? He literally is the reason they survive at all.
>>
>>66698519
What do you mean no one bats an eye?

4chan was kicking and screaming in rage that Mad Max had fewer lines than Furiosa, and that Fury Road was being called a feminist masterpiece.
>>
>>66698696
>Mad Max should have won Best Picture.

GTFO with that bullshit.
>>
>>66705707
>muh spotlight
>>
>>66705648
>Mad Max wasn't really successful or popular outside reddit and rotten tomatoes.

And the Academy Awards.
>>
>>66698696
This shit movie is nowhere near an oscar film
>>
>>66705755
And, like every normal person aged 15 - 39
>>
>>66698519
The thing is you don't feel like Mad Max is pushing an agenda, it's just a lead character who happens to be a woman, instead ghostbusters is literally muh progressive company can make feminist movies
>>
>>66705400
Adam sandler pls go
>>
>>66705777
Nice trips but it objectively is an oscar film in that it won oscars.
>>
>>66698519
Did you forget how much people cried about the fact that max was taking the backseat when the reviews pointed it out?
>>
>>66705783

Mad Max was pushing an agenda though, but it was very well made. That's reason it got all of its acclaim, because there finally was a movie pushing the feminist agenda that was a well made action movie. Remove the agenda though, and it would not have gotten nearly the same amount of praise.
>>
>>66705881
*the
>>
>>66705881
>When you take out a large portion of a movie's depth, critics aren't as impressed
>If it were just a dumb, generic action movie with no depth to it, it wouldn't have gotten the same reviews

Shocking
>>
>>66705913
>implying only a poltical agenda adds depth

They could have added depth elsewhere if they went a differernt direction.
>>
>>66705740
Eat Shit And Die.
>>
>>66705962
or not

who knows

who cares

it's a good movie anyway
>>
>>66698519
You are retarded.
The reason Mad Max wasn't a hit at the box office in the first place was literally that a lot of people thought it would be too feminist because of that Vagina Monologues comment.

I agree that the new Ghostbusters will be shit. They should've cast young qts instead of old ugly nobodies and the marketing is horrible but don't pretend people don't go after it with some extra vitrol because it's all-female. It may be the fact that the all-female-ness is rubbed in our faces constantly but the reason everybody wants it to fail is because of "muh feminism", don't kid yourself.
>>
>>66706044
>The reason Mad Max wasn't a hit at the box office in the first place was literally that a lot of people thought it would be too feminist because of that Vagina Monologues comment

This is what /pol/ actually believes.
>>
>>66706079
This.
The movie wasn't a box office hit because it was mediocre.
>>
>>66706079
How new are you? Manchildren here threw fits because of that before it was even released.
By the time it was released it was too late, the damage was already done even though it got great word of mouth.
You could say the people here don't represent the normal moviegoing population but then again look at all these people sperging out because of the new Ghostbusters.

You people pretending the main reason isn't the women/the feminist pandering are pathetic. At least stand by your views instead of trying to cover them up with "muh beloved franchise" and "muh unnecessary sequel/reboot". The backlash this has been getting is huge and it's mainly because everybody is extra triggered by the shitty news coverage about "smashing the patriarchy" and so forth.
>>
>>66706198
Jesus fuck, you need to spend more time with normalfags.
>>
>>66706198
>You people
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>66706044
>The reason Mad Max wasn't a hit at the box office in the first place was literally that a lot of people thought it would be too feminist because of that Vagina Monologues comment.

>people actually believe this
>>
>>66706333
What do YOU mean, you people?
>>
>>I still remember all of the threads on /tv/ calling Fury Road a feminzai shill film and a kike conspiracy, and the posts about the boycott

>>You're not fooling me faggot
>>
>>66698519
>saying this on /tv/, a board that made endless upon endless threads about Mad Max being feminist pandering bullshit not worth watching when it first came out

Are you niggers seriously trying to imply that the hate towards the new Ghostbusters has nothing to do with them all being women? Are you that fucking naive or do you just like cherry picking?
>>
>>66703491
>It's well written

Are you meme-ing again?
>>
>>66702147
/tv/ is nothing compared to the rest of the world. No matter how much /tv/ had a hissy fit, the consensus was almost 100% positive
>>
>>66698519
>it's a /tv/ goes full revisionist mode episode

>Pretty much universal acclaim from men who saw it, even despite the fact that Max, the series main character, took the backseat to a female lead with mostly female supporting roles; No one bats an eye
Nigga what
there were daily MRA threads about "muh Mad Max: Feminist Road is kike shill propaganda"
get over yourselves

yes, Ghostbusters '16 is probably going to be utter shit but don't kid yourselves the reason so many people shit on it BEFORE its release its because it stars an all female cast
>>
>>66698519
Implying max took the back seat... He and furiosa were both the main characters innit. Of all the things wrong with Mad Max, the gender of the protagonist isn't one of them
>>
>>66709141

He does, though. Whilst he's vital to helping Furiosa actually carry the deed out, the whole thing is her plan, and she takes out the villain at the end. Her decisions and journey are what sparks off the movie, that's pretty much a definition of the protagonist. Max is the reluctant supporting character talked into helping and ends up being important.
>>
>>66703525

3 out of 4.
>>
Both have abhorrent politics, bot one was skillfully crafted. Ghostbusters has nothing redeemable about it.
>>
>>66703491
>1. Max ALWAYS had a backseat, except for the very first move, which was an extended prologue for the rest of the series anyway.
This meme needs to die. He was always very visible the main character of any movie with the most screen time, the most impacting dialogue and the most relevance to the story. It wasn't the case with Grunty McGee.
>2. Only 1 female actually does something
She's very obviously the main character. If you watched the movie without having seen the others and you removed the title and asked the people afterwards who the main character is, they'd respond without a doubt Furiosa. Everyone even "memes" about this with calling the movie "Mad Furiosa", and I'm talking about regular people who don't see that as a bad thing despite it being so.
>3. It's well written and well directed, an all around good movie
Not really, it's a circular plot. It was about aswell directed as everything else on that nominee list.
>4. It's true to the franchise
This couldn't be farther from the truth.

>>66706198
>>66709091
And you two need to go out more. The shitstorm was caused by regular men who, unlike many, actually give a shit about one of the most beloved franchises of all time being literally submitted to a cancerous political ideology by the director's admittance.

Get the fuck over yourselves and your boogeymen, whether they be MRA virgins or /pol/.
>>
>>66698519
>Pretty much universal acclaim from men who saw it, even despite the fact that Max, the series main character, took the backseat to a female lead with mostly female supporting roles; No one bats an eye

>No one bats an eye

It's incredible what short memories some people choose to have.
>>
File: madmax.png (290 KB, 1032x676) Image search: [Google]
madmax.png
290 KB, 1032x676
>>66703006
>It was mostly just retards such as yourself that were convinced mad Max was a feminist movie
>>
File: vice2.png (2 MB, 1060x1999) Image search: [Google]
vice2.png
2 MB, 1060x1999
>>66705677
>4chan was kicking and screaming in rage that Mad Max had fewer lines than Furiosa, and that Fury Road was being called a feminist masterpiece.

Mad Max is considered BY FEMINISTS to be a feminist movie.
>>
Wtf are you guys on about?

I thought it was a great film. The guitarist dude was really cool.
>>
You people are so fucking autistic, holy shit.
>>
>>66703491

>Max ALWAYS had a backseat, except for the very first move

this meme was literally created by feminists to defend this movie and it's fucking bullshit. who the fuck would be the main characters of the other 2 movies? the little kid and the retard in a helicopter?
>>
>>66698519
I can't tell if this board is so contrary they will make things up or if this is revisionism at its finest. I just read someone say Finn was liked by the board before TFA came out. The people here are delusional. Mad max was not praised here and basically everyone who liked it was reddit. Stop making things up. The movie was trash and so is your memory
>>
>>66709757

christ I can't wait for the day when it's socially acceptable to shit on women and minorities
>>
>>66703104
Nux was the only good part of the movie
>>
>>66709792

the guitarist scene made me feel like I was watching a parody
>>
File: TIP.jpg (17 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
TIP.jpg
17 KB, 353x334
>>66703491
>le 90's science dude
>>
>>66709868
autogyro.
>>
>>66705755
I presume he is talking about the previous films. That is why there was no backlash.
>>
>>66705783
I very much felt like it was pushing an agenda. The movie was annoying. It tried to push many themes without elaborating on any. If I wrote an essay like that in high school I would have gotten a C. The movie was just well made. That is literally all I can see between this and Ghostbusters
>>
File: 1457031036973.jpg (26 KB, 573x411) Image search: [Google]
1457031036973.jpg
26 KB, 573x411
>>66705783
>you don't feel like Mad Max is pushing an agenda
>The Vuvalini: One man, one bullet.
>>
>>66701327
Considering movies are a visual medium, I'm okay with this.
>>
>>66698519
>took the backseat to a female lead
This is what people think when characters male and female leads are on equal terms.
>>
>>66709185
He literally gave them the plan to go back and fight for what they wanted.
>>
>>66710096
>equal terms.
How can you be alive while being this delusional?
>>
>>66710058
But that was so perfectly absurd it fit the the Mad Max universe.
>>
File: Mad Max III.jpg (446 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mad Max III.jpg
446 KB, 1280x720
>>66703491
> 1. Max ALWAYS had a backseat, except for the very first move

Nonsense, Max has always been the main character and was front-and-center throughout the first three movies.
>>
>>66706198
You're wrong. The five people who actually talk to you do not comprise the entire spectrum of movie-going opinion-they clearly occupy a very shallow, horse piss filled corner of it. I don't want to watch the new GB because the entire roll-out was botched and it looks bad.
>>
>>66698696
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHhHH
>>
>>66698696
The Room should have won Best Picture.

George Miller should have won Best Director though, literally every award Mad Max one featured the people going, "Wow, George basically pulled all of this shit together, he deserves this why am I up here I'm drunk"
>>
>>66710119

>implying a supporting character has never had to help a protagonist out of their darkest place at the end of Act 2 in a movie
>>
>>66705400
for jew
>>
>>66709185
Max has almost always been the guy getting caught up in other peoples' business. He has no purpose alone. He's pretty boring and unmotivated. Mad Max is about other people, not Max anyway.
>>
>>66710748
>I'm drunk
*I'm Australian
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi65MsdIpOc

What's going on /tv/?
>>
>>66710826
What's the difference?
>>
I'm gunna watch all the Max movies again this weekend, aaaand I bet my gf will too, for about the first 25 minutes and go do something else. I probably won't watch any past the first one. huh
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.