[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So anon, what are you going to rent tonight, remember, we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
So anon, what are you going to rent tonight, remember, we're not getting popcorn there because its expensive as fuck.

Maybe they'll finally have that Nintendo game you've been wanting to play as well.
>>
>>66698126
>So anon, what are you going to rent tonight

Aladdin for super nintendo, thank you.
>>
>>66698126
I want to rent Mortal Kombat 2 on the Sega Genesis! Thanks Mom
>>
>>66698126
I still work in a profitable Blockbuster store in 2016. AMA.
>>
>>66698622
right, and i work in a 5-star mcdonalds
>>
>expecting to get a good game on Friday night

Top cuck
>>
File: McDonalds-in-Porto.jpg (114 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds-in-Porto.jpg
114 KB, 550x413
>>66698664
This one?
>>
I hid a copy of the new tony hawk game behind a copy of basket case so I hope it's still there.
>>
I have to get the one copy of Phantasy Star IV before some subhuman rents it and erases my save file.
>>
>>66698664
It's purely down to being in a regional area, terrible Internet, a telco with a monopoly on the exchange that only offers overpriced, capped accounts. 10% of our customers probably don't have a computer.
>>
>>66698622
Is it off-brand?

Officially, Blockbuster's closed.
>>
>>66699110
Only corporate stores. Franchise stores are free to continue operating.
>>
>>66699260
Huh, weird.
>>
What is the equivalent of working in a video rental shop nowadays? Is there even anything like that? Like a small shop with some cool shit that's somehow related to culture so you're not as much of a loser as you'd be working at Walmart?
>>
>>66699293
How so?
>>
>>66699390
I'm not sure there is anything. Maybe hobby shop or something? There really isn't anything like video stores anymore.
>>
>>66699467
Don't you think that this fucked up an important part of not only everyday existence but also your professional life, cultural life, social/dating life etc?
>>
>>66699708
How do you mean?
>>
>he supported the rental jew
>>
>>66698126
fucking hell, some asshole rented The Adventure of Link for the weekend.

>tfw watching the video store birth and death of video stores.

At least there are still a handful of record stores left.
>>
>>66698126
>So anon, what are you going to rent tonight

Encino Man & Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>66699436
Just is I guess.
>>
>>66700049
Where the fuck do you live? You can give a general location. I guarantee there isnt anyone within 1000 miles in this thread/website/internet.
>>
>>66700291
In the Midwest.
>>
>>66700336
Im genuinely curious about this. Do you still get promotional material from distributors? Or is it all self contained?
>>
>>66700420
Oh wait, no, I'm not that guy.
>>
>>66699390
Maybe working in a book store, or a small library branch?
>>
>>66701389
Gotta have a degree for that though, a specific one for the latter.
>>
>>66699900
that's what I am talkin' bout
>>
>>66698664
>>66698726
LOL YOU GOT SERVED SON
>>
>>66699708
It feels like social interaction in general is changing a lot. All of those small opportunities to just shoot the shit with strangers or sales people that you might have seen regularly are disappearing. It seems like even eye contact has diminished.

>>66701427
Do you really need a degree in library science to work in a library? I could understand if it was an administrative position or head librarian, I guess.
For a small branch...idk.
>>
>>66701535
>Do you really need a degree in library science to work in a library?

Absolutely not. I'm sure plenty of places arbitrarily require one but there is absolutely no actual need for anyone working in a library to have a degree to do so.
>>
>>66701535
>>Do you really need a degree in library science to work in a library?
Yeah.
>>66701689
Of course you wouldn't need one if they didn't ask for it, it's not rocket science.
>>
>>66698126
>always wanted to rent South Park movie
>mom wouldn't let me
>always want to rent Bill and Ted
>"You've seen that one five times"

Every time.
>>
File: 1339616960958.gif (3 MB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
1339616960958.gif
3 MB, 419x313
>library science
>>
>>66698126
>you will never finish Oddworld Abes Exodus
Rented that shit like 50 times when I was a kid.
>>
>>66702045
http://www.gog.com/game/oddworld_abes_exoddus
US$6
it was better on PC, anyway
>>
I'm going to let my wife's son pick the movie for tonight
>>
>>66698126
>spend 15 minutes wandering the isles
>panic at the last minute and just grab something randomly

Every time
>>
>>66699390

I worked at a video store for almost a decade. Got around to manager and was training as a district manager when the company started going tits up.

Ended up going to college and getting a Master's in public history. Work in archives now, it's like a quieter video store with documents instead of videos. Same kind of inventory work, same sort of knowing your inventory for when people come in looking for something. Pretty satisfying for me.
>>
>>66701535

>do you need a degree

No but it helps a lot.

You can volunteer, network your ass off, and substitute references and experience for education.
>>
>>66702387
Yeah but you're not getting the prestige of possibly being the next Tarantino.
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 720x960
Probably going to rent this, again.
>>
>>66699390
yes. all over the place. record stores, models, board games, comic book stores, bookstores... maybe you wont find these types of places everywhere but they exist.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.