[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which kurosawa film is a good first kurosawa film to watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: akira_kurosawa.jpg (247 KB, 905x620) Image search: [Google]
akira_kurosawa.jpg
247 KB, 905x620
which kurosawa film is a good first kurosawa film to watch?
>>
Rashomon
>>
>>66692979
Yojimbo
>>
>>66692994
>Rashomon
is this the one about the murder?

will consider both suggestions
>>
Ran
>>
High and Low
>>
>>66693611
Great fucking film.

I recommend The Bad Sleeps Well.
>>
>>66693000
This.
>>
Dersu Uzala was the best and definitely the comfiest. I'd suggest starting there. Fuck these normies saying anything else.
>>
>>66693645
*sleep but great film

I have no idea what entry Kurosawa would be, maybe Throne of Blood or Drunken Angel. Either way, I'd recommend Seven Samurai and Ran to be later viewings, they just got too much going on to have an unexperienced Kurosawafag go into them right away.
>>
>>66692979
Hidden Fortress

It was inspired by Star Wars.
>>
None. Throw him into the trash and watch Kobayashi or Ozu instead.
>>
>>66693707
Seven Samurai was the first one I personally saw. I was around 12 and I remember being really amazed that an old black and white foreign movie could be so entertaining, especially one that's over three hours long.
>>
I'd say Yojimbo, followed by Seven Samurai. Yojimbo is just a really fucking fun, entertaining movie with great performances. Seven Samurai was my first Kurosawa and it has the best pacing that I've ever seen - it's three and a half hours but every minute of it is engaging and relevant.
>>
>>66693778
Rewatch it nigger. I've rewatched all movies I've sen until I was 20. It's an incredible film
>>
>>66693000
>trips get the correct answer

this website, man. it's like it's sentient
>>
>>66693731
>It was inspired by Star Wars.
(You)
>>
>>66693920
Akira thanked Speilberg and Lucas during his oscar speech.
>>
I got twenty minutes into Seven Samurai and fell asleep. However, I fucking loved The Magnificent Seven.

Should I acquire some Ritalin and give it another shot?
>>
>>66693920
Fuck.

It inspired Star Wars. Typo.
>>
>>66693891
I've actually been thinking about that. I haven't seen it in awhile.
>>
>>66694013
It's... I can't describe it. Every scene. Every performance. The way camera moves. The script. Where the story goes. Fuck me nigger, that fucking Fumio Hayasaka music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_e4m3bl5_U
This may just be the perfect film
>>
>>66692979
Rashomon
>>
>>66694107
His toughest and best film. Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Dersu Uzala, anything else, in this order.
>>
>>66693947
I am kind of interested in this. I watched Samurai first and found Magnificent pretty unbearable to watch, It was just too similar yet lacking in comparison. I wonder if this is simply reversed for anyone that watched them in the opposite order to me?
>>
>>66694213
I liked both. Well, I loved Seven Samurai and enjoyed Magnificent Seven. I'd give details, but this shtiposting board may not be the place for it.
>>
>>66694213
>>66693947
The only thing in The Magnificent Seven that's superior to Seven Samurai is Eli Wallach as the Bandit Leader. Turned what was a one dimensional bad guy who got less than five minutes of screentime into one of the best villains ever.
>>
>>66692979
Ikiru
>>
>>66694341
>best villain ever

That goes to Gian Maria Volonte for A few Dollars More. Though I shouldn't shitpost since Tuco is my favorite acting performance
>>
File: 1377442110195.png (30 KB, 197x220) Image search: [Google]
1377442110195.png
30 KB, 197x220
Cure
>>
>>66694341
>>66694213
It's been a while since i've watched either movie, so take this with a grain of salt, but I always found it weird that magnificent seven combined the 'apprentice' and 'fool' characters and added a no-liner nothing just to keep it at seven. Aside from the obvious reasons I always thought it was odd since the two characters in samurai had a almost competitive relationship and both had their large parts in the story. Why do you think they felt the need to change this in the magnificent seven?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.