[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>90% OF THE MOVIE IS IN THE BUNKER >NO MONSTER >FUCKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: 10c_1-sht_online_teaser_alt.jpg (164 KB, 831x1231) Image search: [Google]
10c_1-sht_online_teaser_alt.jpg
164 KB, 831x1231
>90% OF THE MOVIE IS IN THE BUNKER
>NO MONSTER
>FUCKING ALIENS
>NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY CONNECTED TO CLOVERFIELD

welp
>>
shills gonna shill
>>
>>66686545
Post the source then you whiny twat
>>
>>66686578

https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/48z3hz/spoilers_i_have_screened_10_cloverfield_lane_ama/

>inb4 muh reddit boogeyman
>>
>>66686578
some fucking guy on plebbit
>>
>>66686545
so basically the Tim Robbins scene from War of the Worlds but for the whole movie. gotcha
>>
According to the guy on reddit.

Michelle is in a car crash and wakes up in Howard's bunker. There is also Emmett who got to Howard's bunker. Howard seems like a very unstable man. He is a doomsday prepper/conspiracy theorist. And ex Navy. Michelle can only take Howard's word for it that there was a chemical/nuclear attack outside and there is radiation outside. Emmett says he saw it (he saw Howard build his bunker). When she tries to escape outside, there is a neighbor who also knew of his bunker. She is outside the door dying of radiation poisoning. Michelle unfortunately believes him that there has been an attack and they settle in. After the air ducts stop working, Michelle has to climb through them in order to turn them back on. She discovers something dark about Howard and realize they need to escape, despite being an attack outside.
>>
>>66686545
Look in the fucking catalog, you illiterate retard
>>
>>66687712
(cont)

Earlier in the film, Howard shows Michelle a picture of his daughter, Megan. But just her. When Michelle goes into the air duct room, she climbs up a ladder to the surface and sees the word HELP scratched into the window from the inside. And a bloody earring of the girl in the picture. She goes back and tells Emmett about it. Then finds the picture and shows Emmett. Emmett says that's not Megan. That's a girl that went missing two years ago that no one found. They realize they need to escape quickly. They make a airtight suit and gas mask out of a shower curtain and 2 liter bottles. Howard discovers the scissors and duct tape they were using to do it. He pulls out a vat of Hydroflouric acid and asks what they were doing. Emmett takes the blame and says he was using it to make a weapon to get Howard's gun. Howard accepts his apology and shoots Emmett in the head. And dissolves his body. A few hours later, Howard discovers her suit but she manages to get away. And pours the vat of acid on him. It dissolves a cord and starts a fire. Howard gets trapped in the bunker while she escape through the air duct and escape outside. She sees birds flying overhead and realizes the air is fine. Takes off her mask. But hears a spaceship in the distance. Eventually she is able to bring the spaceship down by throwing a Molotov cocktail into it from a bottle of scotch inside Howard's truck and a lighter. Michelle is the only one who escapes alive and manages to take down the one alien ship near her. She gets in a car and drives away hitting a mailbox with the address "10 Cloverfield Lane" on it. She hears on the AM frequency that there are survivors in Houston and they need help. She turns down the highway towards Houston. Lightning flashes in the sky ...it's night...and you see the sillohettes of many spaceships looming in the sky.
>>
>>66687712
>>66686655
This is just a description of the old script to ' the cellar'.
Disregard this shit, we already know there are more than 3 actors in it.
>>
>>66687746
Shit, you might not be lying.
>>
>>66687746
>And then a spaceship-

Fuck off.
>>
>>66686655
>sourcing Reddit

Get
Out
>>
>>66687832
Yeah I don't really like it either. Sounds really fuckin' lame but I'm just passing on what i saw posted.

He also says something about the ships being built around a giant alien with tentacles.. or something I dunno.
>>
>>66687741
i made this thread first you fucking dickhead.
>>
>>66687937
Fuck off you reddit visiting little shit
>>
I'm not gonna trust this completely, considering the effort that was gone to make the movies seem linked in some way, especially with tagruato.

But, even if it is true, it sounds kinda cool. I'll go and see it. Plus, he says that isn't the actual ending, and he's PMing people the ending because he doesn't know how to spoiler posts
>>
>>66688016
>>66687925
>do i fit in yet guys xD
>>
Are you guys really suprised about this after knowing the director is the guy who did the Portal short movie?
>>
wow. The plot is that predictable?

We already knew the john is the real scary "monster" cliche since the previews.

And they just randomly threw in Aliens?

wtf? this doesn't sound creative at all.

It sounds like lazy ass writing.
>>
File: 1456336355095.png (525 KB, 637x600) Image search: [Google]
1456336355095.png
525 KB, 637x600
>>66687746
>Blows up a spaceship with a Molotov Cocktail
>>
>>66688132
I don't think anybody is surprised about it being set in the bunker for 90% of the movie. Its the aliens that are confusing the fuck out of people
>>
>>66688101
>>reddit
>>
So yeah, there's a connection between what is being said in that thread and a snippet of Patton Oswalt's tweet about the film. Feels very conflicted, man.
>>
>>66688187
>Blows up a spaceship with a Molotov Cocktail

Welll.... she is a Strongk Womyn.

Strongk Wyomyn don't obey the oppressive particarchy's laws of Physics.
>>
Hold up.

Hasn't there been a fan theory for years that Clover was from a meteorite from space? That little shit that hits the water during that last scene?
>>
>>66686545
wow, those are all bonuses for me
and a thumbs up from Patton Oswalt. Guess this is what I'll be seeing next weekend
>>
>>66688206

So it's just Aliens out of nowhere?

Do they even set up the Aliens?
>>
File: 1456514791559.jpg (60 KB, 825x531) Image search: [Google]
1456514791559.jpg
60 KB, 825x531
>>66688233
True, how could I forget
>>
>>66688270
My guess, like a lot of JJ's bullshit, is that the connection doesn't actually exist yet. You're gonna have to wait another 8 years to find out, teehee
>>
>>66688259
>Hasn't there been a fan theory for years that Clover was from a meteorite from space? That little shit that hits the water during that last scene?
theyve literally said that it was a satellite
>>
>>66688101
linking to reddit literally used to be bannable, fuck off
>>
>>66688308
Guess i must have missed that.

I just remember threads from back when cloverfield first released speculation on shit.
>>
>>66688312
Ive been here longer than you, kid
>>
>>66688312
I mean, that's neato but it is kinda where the source is atm
>>
>>66688312
you should take this as wake up call to post better content if we're forced to go to reddit for actual discussion
>>
>asks op for source
>op posts source
>anon doesn't like the site that source came from
>shitposts in the thread
>>
>>66686545
>FUCKING ALIENS
The Cloverfield Monster was from space, so he was an alien. Don't tell me you missed the part at the end where the meteor falls into the sea.
>>
Fuck off reddit
>>
from producer jj abrams though that's a pretty big name
>>
>>66688616
that's pacific rim, anon
>>
>>66688616
Wasn't a meteor. It was a satellite. All that we know of the monster's origin is that it had been sleeping on the bottom of the ocean for thousands of years. So yes.. it could have originally been an alien but It had been here for quite some time.
>>
>>66688616
>meteor
thats a satellite, anon. confirmed.
>>
The aliens could be from Clovie's species, but they're what regular ones look like?
Remember that clovie had been eating seabed nectar (something that was established early on in the original arg to make you stronger and also to drive you insane, and is hinted to be the reason that clovie is so large) and ALSO its a baby, which would explain the lack of intelligence.
>>
>>66688912
See is pretty much what I'm hoping (assuming this spoiler is true). The guy who posted it seems to not know much about the ARG or much about the first one besides having seen it once or so. So they could definitely look like Clovie and he just didn't notice or make the connection.
>>
>>66689007
It'd be kinda nice if this were the case, but I think spaceships flyring around are a little too far. Would have been cooler for it to be something like 'a meteor hit the earth, destroying major cities and causing apocalyptic damage', then for the meteor to be hinted at being the vessel that all the aliens came to earth on, with them spreading the gas themselves. Would seem a little more like it could fit into the real world, I guess?

Also sad we don't get to see any kind of fully-aged clovie monster, so huge that you can barely see more than its legs. Are there any movies with monsters like that? Ones so large you could see them from space
>>
>>66688636
Hi, JJ

Force Awakens sucked.
>>
>>66689139
Okay now I'm kinda confused. I started looking up movies with giant monsters expecting to find SOMETHING with a monster that was ridiculously large like that and I found nothing at all.
Most people are saying King Ghidorah is the biggest, and he isn't even that much bigger than Godzilla. Step it up, monster movies
>>
So JJ found this script before it went into production, decided that he needed to turn it into a sequel to Cloverfield, and it literally has nothing to do with Cloverfield. I don't get why they had to lie in the marketing. If he wanted to make the movie so bad why not just make it as is and not pretend it's a sequel or cousin or whatever to Cloverfield? All of his other movies have done well from the marketing and secrecy alone, this wouldn't have been different.
>>
>>66691702
I don't think the whole 'found it before it went into production' thing is true, considering it went by a bunch of names in exactly the same way that the first cloverfield did.
But yeah, there must be some links to the original in the movie.
>>
>>66692352
I don't think an easter egg like a slusho cup or something is enough to call it a blood relative, if that were the case all of Tarantino's movies would be considered sequels to one another because of the cigarette brand he uses. And it's pretty shitty to tease a reveal throughout the whole trailer campaign and have there be barely any payoff because we find out what it is in the last 5 minutes
>>
>>66692636
No, that's what I mean. He wouldn't go around shouting about it being a blood relative if there wasn't something significant. I mean, we do know that tagruato is somehow linked to john goodman, I can't remember how exactly, but there's gotta be something significant that the guy missed, I'm sure.
>>
>>66686545
thanks, OP.

You know, the marketing stunt they pulled with this film may have worked back in the early 90s with Stargate, but doing it now, with the internet, just makes the whole thing reek of deception.

I don't know why they thought it would work when anyone remotely curious about this film will just spoil it online.
>>
as one of the few people that admit to liking the first cloverfield, fuck all this.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.