[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hear they're making a movie about Nina Simone. >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 648x365
>Hear they're making a movie about Nina Simone.
>I like Nina Simone!!!! I think enthusiastically.
>Zoe Saldana is playing her.
>I like Zoe Saldana!!!! I think enthusiastically.
>Watch Trailer.
>Looks pretty good.
>Read comments.
>There is pure chaos.
>People are chimping out because Zoe is playing her.
>Zoe is not black enough, apperantly.
>Zoe playing Nina is comparable to black face, apparently.
>Why can't we have a black actress play her they wail.

This, is the exact reason Hollywood doesn't want blacks in they're movies, no matter what you do, if you involve blacks in it, IT WILL BE CONSIDERED SOMEHOW RACIST, and a controversy will erupt. Same thing with that shitty ghostbusters remake, that's somehow racist too. Are blacks the most entitled, victim-complexed people on the planet?
>>
>>66683088
*Their.
>>
Is it really black people who complain, or just young white girls?
>>
>>66683088
she doesnt even look like her though
>>
>>66683088
>Are blacks the most entitled, victim-complexed people on the planet?
those would be jews my friend
>>
>>66683088
When will people realize negroes will never be happy at anything you try to do to appease them?
>>
Well they're right, Simone was a proper chimp-face negress, you can't get someone like Zoe who had a dozen surgeries to look white to play her, it just looks stupid.

Honestly even the Ghostbusters chick would look better as Simone, she has the monkey features for it and she looks more like a salt of the earth lower class prostitute that Simone was. Zoe looks like an uppity rich bitch.
>>
>>66683527
>Honestly even the Ghostbusters chick would look better as Simone
they should have put her in this and zoe in ghostbusters.
>>
>>66683088
no shit, Sherlock
>>
>>66683527
>TFA and Ghostbusters
>get the ugliest nigger you can find because they are comic relief characters
>biopic about an ugly nigger
>get the prettiest mulatto you can find because it's oscar bait
>need an asian or half asian
>cast scarlet johanson and emma stone

Hollywood is /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (559 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
559 KB, 1047x1572
>>66683804
Rofl

(can we bring rofl back?)
>>
File: don_draper_sunglasses_Smoking.png (119 KB, 539x311) Image search: [Google]
don_draper_sunglasses_Smoking.png
119 KB, 539x311
Mulatto here, yes many blacks fall into this shitbox of thinking more often than not. However, once in a while a few take a step back and realize the "crabs in a bucket" theory is painstakingly true and ease off of it. Before that revelation it's usually a bumpy ride though.
>>
>>66683088
People are pissed because they actually blackfaced Zoe to make her look more like Nina.
>>
>>66684036
It's gotta be more than just that though. They blackfaced Forrest Whitaker as Amin in Last King of Scotland and everyone was beyond fine with it.
>>
>>66683804
Actually yeah, that would be better casting.

I like the chimp look more than Zoe's btw, it's just a lot more natural and raw and sexual.
>>
>>66683088
>Have a black main character. Run the risk of many complaints arising about some perceived stereotype you had no idea of. White people cant write black characters, apparently.
>Have a black supporting character, "Why does the black man alway have to taka back seat to whitey, mang?" I.E The Force Awakens complaints about Finn.
>Have a black villain, - demonising blacks. I.E Baron Samedi from Bond (the living daylights I believe?) and many others.
>Have a black comedy relief character, - "You're basically making a cinematic minstrel show." I.E the new ghostbusters.

This is why Hollywood is right to avoid blacks, it's saves filmmaker a LOT of trouble.
>>
Shouldn't vocal performance be the issue surrounding a Nina Simone movie?
>>
>>66683939
Hey I'm mixed too let's be friends :^)
Who's black?
>>
Who the fuck is Nina Simone and why are all the lefty girls on my normiebook pretending to be experts on her all of a sudden?
>>
>>66684432
Google and Wikipedia make everyone an expert these days pal
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>66684320
afaik the estate has not granted them permission to use a lot of her songs.
>>
>>66683527
The Ghostbusters girl is way uglier than Simone, Simone at least looked a bit acceptable
>>
>>66684432
She's a blues singer from ages ago. Teenage white girls will jump on any bandwagon if
A. There's a movie coming out.
B. It makes them look cultured and smart.

It really gets my goat, especially when it's something you've loved for ages and all of a sudden everybody in the world is the biggest fan.
>>
>>66684586
This is why I hate capeshit now
>>
>>66684432
A very good singer of blues, jazz, and similar. How have you not heard of her just from general culture knowledge?
>>
>>66683088
Today I learned:
Zoe Saldana is only half black.

I now understand why she's the only black woman I find attractive.
>>
>>66684140
That was then. The PC insanity has jumped tenfold in the last couple of years.
>>
I don't know man, I hate SJWs usually but this time I think the complaints are justified.
Zoe doesn't look like Nina Simone at all, they should've hired Uzo Aduba or someone like that instead of some hot mulatto with a thin nose and straight hair who then had to wear an afro wig, dark makeup and a prosthetic nose for the role, ending up looking pretty goofy. Why not just hire someone who physically fits the part in the first place?
>>
File: uzo-aduba-emmy-2015-2.jpg (955 KB, 2100x2541) Image search: [Google]
uzo-aduba-emmy-2015-2.jpg
955 KB, 2100x2541
>>66684911
>Uzo Aduba
Doesn't look much like Simone but damn she's hot as fuck.
>>
File: 1385095972182.png (108 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1385095972182.png
108 KB, 480x480
>lighter skinned nigger plays darker nigger
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT FUCK NO
>nigger plays a white person
>FUCK YES SCORE FOR DIVERSITY WOOO

uhhhh hello? hypocrites much
>>
>Idris Elba playing roland in dark tower, a character that is specifically described as white blue eye, clint eastwood like.

Everyone says 'how progressive!,'

>Zoe saldana, a half black woman plays nina simone

RACIST ! NOT BLACK ENOUGH !

I Swear... Black people are the most racist of them all... Always offended by sonething..

If we knew how things would turn out, we would have picked that godamn cotton ourselves
>>
>>66684140
Is there really anything wrong with that though?
I get why blackface is offensive, It's a white person wearing face paint to impersonate a black person, but if the actor is black, what's the problem with darkening their skin so they more closely resemble a real person? Look at mad max, nux is a white guy made whiter with makeup, who cares? Michael fassbender was made paler to resemble Bobby sands better, what's the issue?

Also, there's nothing wrong with a prosthetic nose, actor have used prosthetics for years, like nixons nose in watchmen.
>>
>>66685230
That last line, can I use that elsewhere?

That's amazing.
>>
>>66685230
>If we knew how things would turn out, we would have picked that godamn cotton ourselves
Brutal.
>>
>>66683527
>Well they're right, Simone was a proper chimp-face negress, you can't get someone like Zoe who had a dozen surgeries to look white to play her
I'm a big fan of Simone and I really agree. Having a very "black" appearance was a big deal for her. But even more than that I'm bothered by the fact that it seems like they've made no attempt to imitate her accent.

Still hope it will be good though.
>>
>>66683804

holy shit yeah actually that's true
>>
>>66685230

Don t forget how idris not playing james bond is literally a crime for this people... They ve even complained about ghost busters kek.

>yo mang.. Name's bond u crackah... Jamal Bond, where da white wimin at dawg ?
>MUH DICK
>fuck you man im quintessentially british
>>
File: Racist and Sexist Much.gif (722 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
Racist and Sexist Much.gif
722 KB, 245x245
>>66683147
Some black people, but mostly white girls
>>
People who annoy you
>>
>>66683804
You just fixed two movies with one simple decision. You should be a producer.
>>
>>66685325
>ike they've made no attempt to imitate her accent.
Oh that too. But I bet you anything that the committee said the accent was too nigger-like so it's racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGKjOTjQcY

Meanwhile the Ghostbusters chick is literally doing AWW HELL NAW.
>>
>>66685385
Maybe 10 years ago that was true, but now they know the gibsmedat train has no brakes.
>>
>>66683804
Simone is a beautiful woman u cracka
>>
black people do not fucking care. sure, a few of them do because being an activist is how they have decided to make their living, but the overwhelming majority of black middle class couldn't give less of a shit.

its white people, women specifically. almost 100%. most of the blacks who get all up in arms about these issues are only doing it because they know its remarkably easy to get white girls to part with their money.
>>
>>66685557
>to get white girls to get white guys to part with their money.
Fixed for the whole chain.
>>
>>66683147
Young white girls and then black people follow suit as long as they're allowed to feel victimized
>>
>>66683147
Latinos are no longer part of the narrative.

Since Saldana has done no "real" black roles, she's not considered one.

Thus, a target.
>>
>>66683527
>who had a dozen surgeries to look white
She's mixed, but yeah, I thought since the movie announced that Leslie Jones might've (I don't know if she can do drama) would've been a perfect choice.
Alternatively, Viola Davis of Uzo Aduba.
>>
>>66683147
blacks will take whatever white people give them, and right now whites are giving them so much guilt
>>
>>66684695
>just learned
Does she look full black
>>
>>66685385
those teeth look really dry
>>
>>66685428
And that's why he never will be.
>>
>>66684695
She's not only half-black.
>>
>>66685049
Is this a joke? You say "she's hot as fuck" and then post this terrible picture.
>>
meme race
>>
>>66684419
My wife's son is black.
>>
>>66685967
I think he means Saldana
>>
>>66686205
He obviously doesn't.
>>
>>66685967
I like it, especially the nose and the gap teeth and how thick she is.
>>
>>66686349
That's interesting, unexpected. I respect your taste.
She kind of looks like my aunt.
>>
>>66686264
Well then he's wrong. The only person attached to this movie that's hot is Saldana.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.