[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /tv/ no longer like K movies? We used to have threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: PeppermintCandy.jpg (155 KB, 326x466) Image search: [Google]
PeppermintCandy.jpg
155 KB, 326x466
Why does /tv/ no longer like K movies?
We used to have threads for them all the time.
>>
Because they are shit now.
>>
Because we've all seen oldboy by now.
>>
What films are essential Koreacore, anyway?
>>
>>66673421
Because hollywood blockbusters are better.
>>
Hey The Host was a lot better than it could have been
>>
>>66675061
Oldboy and
idk, Miyazaki
>>
>>66675061
Anything by Ozu or Kobayashi. Also Hard Boiled and A Better Tomorrow
>>
>>66675115
>Miyazaki
>Korean
>Ultimate entry level Oldboy recommendation

How to spot a pleb
>>
I got all my recommendations from /tv/ and whoever the Anons were that were keeping up to date with S. Korean media seemed to just trail off. Most of the time when suggestions are made it's the same films we all saw 3 or 4 years ago.

Shame really.
>>
>>66673421
/tv/ grew up
>>
>>66675143
How to take bait. Pathetic weak ass entry level bait might I add.
>>
>>66675061
anything jhon woo

anything ang lee - not including american flicks

miyazaki for animaiton

and you're good to go.
>>
File: faggy_shit.jpg (49 KB, 560x372) Image search: [Google]
faggy_shit.jpg
49 KB, 560x372
>>66673421
Seen one seen them all. Also Asian cinema outside of Japan is tacky, cringey and pretentious. It's as if niggers made movies.
>>
>>66675180
The Throne is out now, its a 10/10 if you like Korean period drama.
I'm still waiting for good copies of Inside Men and The Tiger to come out.
Whistle Blower is the film spotlight wishes it could be.
>>
>>66675345

How do you keep up with it all? I wouldn't know where to get started, unless I knew Korean and wanted to trawl Asian blogs.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 500x346
Are you ready for this?
>>
>>66675446
I just look at the wiki pages of directors and writers who I liked and see what they're working on next.
Then check out the blue dragon and grand bell nominations for stuff
>>
>>66675508
Yeah that's what I do too

Sometimes I see English news made by their agency reporting the top grossing movies in Korea.
>>
>>66675335
>Seen one seen them all.
I didn't realize that M, Castaway on the Moon, Oldboy, My Sassy Girl, Yesterday, Shadows in the Palace and This Charming Girl are all the same.
>>
>>66675909
Luckily there's patricians like me around here to make this obvious to plebs like you.
>>
>>66676135
You try so hard it's painful.
>>
File: The_chaser_.jpg (958 KB, 1862x1250) Image search: [Google]
The_chaser_.jpg
958 KB, 1862x1250
The Chaser is probably the most tension filled film I've ever seen, watch that. Better than Oldboy imo
>>
I was going to watch Oasis soon, I don't know.
>>66677125
I don't know if i'd say better than old boy but it's really good.
>>
>>66675449
JAPPED?
>>
the korean "new wave" peaked like...fuck almost 10 years ago
>>
>>66675335

Japanese movies have looked like fake as fuck cheap shit since 1999 though, their film industry used to be GOAT
>>
>>66673421
because it's dead now
>>
>>66676898
lel trolled
>>
>>66675061
movies where people kick instead of punch
>>
Because after Hwayi and No Tears for the dead I haven't heard of any new ones (also they were a step down from the older ones)

Gokseong might b cool though
>>
I used to like Koreans because they were well done. Now I like them because they trigger weeaboos who can't go two posts without mumbling "muh fucken kurosawa ozu n shiet" or "fucken gooks cant make movie compared to my jap overlords"
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.