[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
What the fuck?
>>
>tfw you will never fuck the devil before descending to hell to rule over the damned

why even live?
>>
>sound of whispering parchment intensifies
M-m-muh ASMR.
>>
>>66668315
She wasn't the Devil idiot

Servant of the Devil
>>
Such a comfy movie, love the soundtrack.
>>
>>66668339
it's ambiguous you faggot. whether she's a demon, fallen angel, the whore of babylon or Lucifer Morningstar, doesn't make a fucking lick of difference
>>
File: image[1].jpg (115 KB, 350x594) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
115 KB, 350x594
>>66668339
>>66668400
Nah it's definitely meant to be the whore of Babylon
>>
>>66668473
and as we know, characters in a film can't represent more than one thing.

in the book she's a fallen angel
>>
What happened to him in the end?
>>
>>66668246
I thought The Ghostwriter had very similar atmosphere to it without being actually supernatural.
>>
>>66668246
If you must know OP, it's one of the greatest films ever made, with the underlying message being how curiosity and knowledge triumphs over superstition, dogma and vanity.

You're welcome.
>>
>>66668339
The movie made a point that people who can be bought are the most trustworthy and that the devil doesn't like servants in the classical sense. What made Corso interesting was his lack of morals in the sense that he could be bought. Boris Balkan would've tried to gain power himself.
>>
>>66668568
Corso unlocked the nine gates of the kingdom of shadows, becomes immortal and becomes a king of hell
>>
>>66668644
It's more than that though. The Devil likes Corso not only because his loyalty can be bought, but also because he values knowledge above all else, just like the Devil. After all, isn't Satan much like Prometheus, giver of forbidden knowledge?
>>
>>66668650
Maybe the devil just made him his personal librarian.

>finally solve the ancient riddle made by the devil
>meet the guy be congratulated
>turns out it was a fancy job advertisement
>become immortal, get office job
>>
>that sexy milf he had hot sex with
pics please
>>
You guys should read the book. I always recommend it in Ninth Gate threads and someone always thanks me. It's a bibliophiles' wet dream. If you like it, you should also check out La Bas.
>>
>>66668785
What does the book give me what the movie doesn't?
>>
>>66668785
I sir will thank you, I have seen it many times, didn't even know it was based on a book.
>>
>>66668765
sounds like a sweet gig. My only term in the negotiation is some hot demon girls as my assistants
>>
>>66668339
Uuuuh
He was the devil doomed to roam earth.
Banished by God and his angels remember?
>>
>>66668833
More insight into character motivations, some new characters, a little less ambiguity, and tons of hidden (and not so hidden) references to the works of Dumas. It's really well written, too.
>>
>>66668594
No it isn't
Movie tries a bit too hard and although the cinematography is nice it's still a stupid christfag movie with a muh skylord objective
>>
>>66668862
Just remember when searching for the book, it's not called The Ninth Gate. It's title is The Club Dumas.
>>
>>66669027
The movie is completely anti-religion, the director even explicitly says so in the commentary

If you honestly watched The Ninth Gate and came away thinking it's "christfag movie" you are a clueless moron of epic proportions.
>>
>>66666666
>>
MUMBO JUMBO
MUMBO JUMBO
>>
>>66668246
>>66668315

>tfw I've fapped copiously to her
>tfw I still have dreams of riding a convertible red rt10 viper with a qt
>tfw both viper and her look absolutely horrid now.
>>
>>66669290
best scene by far
>>
>>66669162
What was it ?
>>
I thought she was just someone who had previously solved the puzzle and sold her soul for power.

Underrated movie with a shit ending.
>>
>>66669335
I just fucking love ambiguous endings, to each their own though. IMO it makes it more memorable
>>
>>66669335
Ebert is that you? I thought you were dead, man.
>>
she's the scarlet woman, babalon, Leah Sublime
>>
>>66668246

MUMBO JUMBO MOTHERFUCKER

MUMBO JUMBO
>>
>be an oldfag
>go see this in the theatre one friday night with somewhat large group of high school friends/acquaintances
>most all of them HATED it
>me and one other guy liked it
>bond over it
>both end up getting jobs at local mom and pop indie video rental store together
>took turns putting it on our favorites shelf once it was off of new releases
>remain friends to this day

i also remember buying a promo shirt and several packs of cards that featured the pages from the book off eBay with some of my first ever shit minimum wage paychecks... good times.
>>
>>66668785
What was the premise of the story? I forget. Was he intentionally trying to open the 9th gate?
>>
>>66668400
it makes quite a bit of difference.
>>
>>66668785
if you've got epub/mobi/pdfs how about rar'ing them and upping them on zippy, won't take but a minute
>>
>>66668833

nothing really. it's pretty much a different story and it doesn't delve deeper into the cool shit (like the mystery/engravings). it's more of an adventure story
>>
>>66669027
Watch your mouth, anon. This is a christian board.
>>
>>66668246
It's the last good Polanski

Sadly it is only a shoeboy to his pre exile works
>>
>>66672769
A shoeboy? Fuck you, you goddamn phone-posting cock sucking moron. I hope your mother chokes on nigger dick.
>>
>>66668246
gr8 movie

still have it on VHS somewhere
>>
Why did the book binding brothers got out from this alive?

why can they toy with the work of the Devil himself, to the point that it's almost lost forever, without getting any trouble ?
>>
I always got this movie and Secret Window confused when they played on television. Anyone else?
>>
File: 1449304632590.jpg (28 KB, 538x454) Image search: [Google]
1449304632590.jpg
28 KB, 538x454
>movie comes out on netflix
>suddenly half of /tv/ has seen it
Sorry to the three posters that this will really hurt the feelings of btw
>>
>>66672769
"Ghost Writer" is also very good, i prefer Ghost Writer actually
>>
>>66668246
This is weird, this was on TV the other night. I was hoping I'd see a thread about it so I could reminisce. . . .It's times like these where I believe I live in my own simulated reality and willed this thread into existence. . . .so many coincidences happening. . . .

Anyway.

I'm always somewhat disappointed when this movie ends for 3 reasons

1 - It wasn't a lot longer
2 - The production value wasn't higher
3 - There is no grand conspiracy taking place on our existential plane where humans who can figure it out have the chance to enter the immortal game between Lucifer and Jehovah

Feelsbadman
>>
>>66668246
Okay,

Based on this thread I'm going to start watching this movie right now, for the first time. Any tips or words before I do so??
>>
Satanic movie made by convicted child molester.

shocked.
>>
>>66673164
it's incredibly slow and nothing happens until the end, it's like a point and click adventure movie, you just need to pay attention to details and atmosphere.
>>
>>66672817
same same
>>
>>66668246
Most are gonna hate it, the others are gonna immerse themselves into it and enjoy the ride to hell.
>>
>>66673039
1 - its already over 2 hrs
2 - only in places but yeah those places stick out
3 - but there was. it was so grand that only a handful of people would ever even discover it.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.