[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MATT DAMON: GOAT ACTOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Contagion the_talk.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Contagion the_talk.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>Her heart stopped. Unfortunately, she did die.
>>Okay.. so can I go talk to her then?
>...

So uh didn't you guys say this movie was supposed to be smart and realistic or something?
>>
File: 1455048762004.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1455048762004.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>66662642
>wife dies
>expression never changes once
>>
This is bait.
>>
>>66662642
He didn't say "talk WITH", he said "talk TO"

butter luck nastime
>>
Is this movie any good? I remember hearing about it like once then never again.
>>
I always forget this was Matt Damon, not Mark Wahlberg
>>
>>66662865
It's interesting but you will come out of it not remembering any character's name or being able to pinpoint what exactly it was you liked about it. Probably "the realism."
>>
>>66662918
Say hi to your dead mother for me.
>>
>>66662865
You have to go into it knowing what you're going to get. Its like a procedural simulation of what could happen with a pandemic. Its not rioting. Its not hollywood-esque really.

But I liked it a lot. I thought it was really realistic. That scene with Damon is great too. Its like a 7/10 or so.
>>
Matt aid in an interview that he said that in the movie because that happens a lot in real life. People cant assimilate that fast the death of a love one.
>>
>>66662970
That's one great thing about ensemble casts... you don't have to remember the character's names because you know them all by their real names anyway. After I watched the movie a second time I did know every major characters name and I understood all the science-y dialogue I didn't get before
>>
>>66662970
This.

Also it's pretty much a public service given how realistic it is. Everyone should see this movie to scare the shit out of them so they stop allowing every bug they catch to spread to other people.
>>
Its called shock dumb fuck
>>
Why would someone make this kind of dumb shitposting?
>>
>>66663537
Because they are a sheltered neckbeard that has never actually faced any type of hard situation in their life outside of a video game, or they're trolling. Either way it got replies.
>>
File: kubler ross model.jpg (203 KB, 2999x2249) Image search: [Google]
kubler ross model.jpg
203 KB, 2999x2249
>>66662642
At first he seems to be ignoring everything they're saying under the pretense that they're speaking doctor jargon he wouldn't understand anyway. When told *why* he can't speak to her is because she's dead, he has to look at the social worker for confirmation to even start believing that she is really gone. The first stage of grief is denial. And, with unexpected deaths, this kind of reaction actually happens quite often in real life, as mentioned by >>66663093

It's actually some really good acting from Damon IMO and the OP is just a troll or a huge fucking moron
>>
File: MeningoEncephalitis Virus-1.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
MeningoEncephalitis Virus-1.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>66662865
It's a solid 9/10 and one of my favorite disaster movies of all time. That said it is kind of a slow burner and more of a drama than an action movie (there is very little action), and some of the characters developed kinda shitty side plots. But the soundtrack is amazing, and the story feels like it was a dramatization of something that actually happened. Also the editing and pacing were good at balancing all the sub plots (which never really converge). With such a large cast in a disaster movie, you know some of the big-name characters will die, and that alone keeps you on edge.

This movie would have made an excellent mini series IMO
>>
Contagion was vastly underrated.
>>
>>66663855
Agreed with this, with my bias being towards OP being a fucking moron.

Contagion was one of the best American movies of the last decade.
>>
I did like this movie, but one thing that always bothered me is that Marion vanished after she was rushing off to go do something. And she never gets a mention afterwards.

That scene of Matt Damon having an emotional breakdown and crying for his wife at the end of the film was GOAT. He played a stoic role to be strong for his daughter, and that crack in his attitude did everything right.
>>
>>66662642
I never understood why people complained about this
>Wife literally dies out of nowhere
>Doesn't really accept it
>Entire pandemic happens in a small amount of time
>Eventually cries at the end
It's suppose to show how quickly the diseased killed. It's not 100% realistic but come on.
>>
>>66662843
Nobody ever said it was "talk with"
>>
>>66664525
People? It's just the faggot OP.
>>
>>66662865

I thought it was garbage when I saw it, though I don't really remember why. Maybe if I watched it again I would have a better experience, but I have absolutely no desire to.
>>
>>66664798
no, a lot of morons really did complain about it
http://forums.screwattack.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14792
>>
>>66662865
It feels more like it should be a Discovery miniseries back when they showed shit that wasn't glorified reality TV, but otherwise it's pretty decent. Nothing outstanding or flagrantly terrible.
>>
>>66664919
I'm curious as to why you didn't like it. Zero judgement...but it is how I've always wished these movies to be played. Halfway cold procedural, halfway relatable experiences.
>>
>>66662761
>I cant read human facial expressions
autism, everyone
>>
>>66662642
You've never lost someone close to you have you? When I was told my sister was dead the forst thing I asked was to see her, thinking she was still alive, shock is a helluva emotion.
>>
>>66664923
>Star Fox and Sonic avatars
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>66665096
Did you fuck her?
>>
>>66665027
What are you talking about? Even when he yells his expression barely changes.
>>
>>66662642
I wonder if Matt infected the doctor when he shouted at him. He is immune but was definitely a carrier at the time
>>
>>66665183
I see concern, then shock, then a little anger. You are just faceblind. You also forget that a lot of men IRL will try very hard to suppress strong emotional reactions in front of others because they feel it makes them appear weak
>>
>>66665164
No I'm Chinese, we ate her. Stupid gwailo
>>
>>66665775
>tfw no dead asian qt gf
>>
File: Clark.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Clark.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>66664363
>>66662642
..and then this happens immediately after.

Matt had a rough morning
>>
>>66662642
Wow powerful...powerful stuff
>>
>>66664999

I think (at the time) I felt that it was over the top without a strong enough hook holding everything together. Like, the narrative felt unfocused and/or non-existent and I wasn't really interested in the characters nor the realistic outbreak scenario. It just wasn't for me. Everything about it was pushing me away.

But, again, that's just how I remember feeling at the time. Whether those feelings would hold upon another viewing, I don't know.
>>
>>66664363
>This movie would have made an excellent mini series

THIS
>>
>>66662761
He couldn't process it. Isn't that obvious by the dialogue?
>>
>>66668012
Yes, but /tv/ likes to dick around and pretend he's not doing a good job being in shock.
>>
>>66667556
was Clark his son or his stepson?
>>
>>66664398
>one of the best American movies of the last decade
my nigga. One of my favorite movies of all time.
>>
it must be tough being an ER doctor, having to give people the bad news like that
>>
>>66668348
step son, the daughter was his though.
>>
>>66662865

Its a decent movie. Its a disaster movie played straight, and thats fine. Everyone in it performed well. Life goes on, and fuck China.
>>
>>66662865
I hated it when I first watched it and had no taste. Watched it recently and it was one of the best disaster movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>66670284

The problem with disaster movies is that the mark of quality depends on its realism, and the most realistic disaster movies are more often than not boring as fuck with more stock in educational value than dramatic power. This is also inversely why the worst disaster movies of late are CGI extravaganzas.
>>
>>66670326
Exactly. Soderbergh was the perfect match for this. His trademark hyper-realism really helped the film. I may go rewatch it now.
>>
>>66667556
Why didn't the dumb cunt call 911 immediately
>>
>>66662865
Good movie to marathon on 1.3x speed, imo. Lot of slow points need to be skipped and fast forwarded.
>>
>>66670488
fucking kill yourself
>>
File: stages of grief.jpg (42 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
stages of grief.jpg
42 KB, 640x400
>>66662642

I've had to tell people their loved ones have died before. This is probably the most realistic depiction I've seen of it in movies or TV. Usually it takes two or three tries for it to sink in.
>>
>>66670473
not like it would've helped him anyway
>>
>>66670703

What do you work?
>>
File: the knick episode 4 season 2.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the knick episode 4 season 2.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I just watched it and I liked it. Good performances, felt realistic and great soundtrack by Cliff Martinez. My only grief is that some of the subplot are pretty dull and I was expecting a darker ending.
It was interesting to see the aesthetic links between Contagion and the Knick.

Is there other Soderberg's movies worth watching ? (I saw Ocean's Eleven and Twelve a long time ago but I'm not sure I want to watch them again)
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.