[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wire AC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 8
File: ac-wire.jpg (444 KB, 1200x1041) Image search: [Google]
ac-wire.jpg
444 KB, 1200x1041
How (in)accurate is this?
>>
D wasn't evil even in S1.
>>
Holy shit that is so far off I actually got kind of triggered
>>
>>66660115

I'd say Marlo is more chaotic evil that Stringer
>>
Burrell was corrupt as fuck, nothing "true" or "neutral" about him
>>
marlo is chaotic evil, the greek neutral evil? maybe body for lawful evil
>>
>>66660115
what the fuck does lawful means
>>
>>66660233

you adhere to some set of rules or laws

Like Dexter i guess, hes a killer , but he only kills other psychopaths.
>>
season 1 from what i can remember

>LAWFUL GOOD
daniels
judge
freamon

>NEUTRAL GOOD
carver (or maybe he's true neutral?)
prezbelowski
kima

>CHAOTIC GOOD
mcnulty (of course)

>LAWFUL NEUTRAL
sydnor

>TRUE NEUTRAL
d'angelo
burrell
wallace
herc

>CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
omar
rawls

>LAWFUL EVIL
stringer

>NEUTRAL EVIL
avon
bodie
weebey
poot

>CHAOTIC EVIL
????????
fuck if i know
>>
>>66660323
then Omar is Lawful Neutral, not Lawful Good. He has a code, but all of his acts are not good.
>>
>>66660115
Omar is chaotic evil
>>
>>66660481
Here's your (you).

Now go fuck yourself.
>>
>>66660115

Stringer isn't chaotic evil.

Chaotic evil is more of a psychopath, someone who kills for pure pleasure, who doesn't even honor an organization. Killing someone that is close to you because you believe it is for the greater good/bad of the family/mafia/company isn't exactly a psychopathic trait.

I'm not even sure if the Wire ever had a chaotic evil character. Maybe that "Brother" somethign who teams up with Omar ... or wait, no, the way he teams up with Omar ... not a chaotic evil trait really
>>
>>66660352
Chaotic Evil was that guy who kept beating up and robbing Bubbles, the one Bubbles made that hot one for that killed Jerrod instead
>>
But what is D'Angelo, really?

He's such a complex character, I can't tell if he's evil or neutral or good.

If he had to be one of those in the OP, would he really be lawful evil?
>>
>>66660115

>chaotic evil

he was lawful evil numbnuts he was trying to organize the whole thing
>>
>>66660554

True, yes.
That was a chaotic evil character. Maybe the only character in the wire that comes close to chaotic evil
>>
>>66660115
I was gonna watch the Wire but not anymore. It looks like a nig-fest

If I wanted to see that many monkeys I'd go to my local penetentiary
>>
>>66660635

oh /pol/ you're so cute when you try to be edgy
>>
>>66660115
Gotta be bait. No one could be this wrong unless it was intentional.
>>
>>66660596
>>66660549
Stringer is Lawful Evil? Stringer is the most chaotic one and he ignores all the laws of the game. He's the one who ordered all the hits and got Wallace killed.
>>
>>66660680
Daniels, McNulty, Burrell and D'Angelo are correct.
>>
>>66660151
THIS
>>
>Watching a nigger show

I would've thought /tv/ would have a little more pride in their ethnicity and would watch something like The Sopranos or Breaking Bad.
>>
>>66660500
>kills and robs niggers
How exactly is he any better than the nigs selling poison?
>>
>>66660549
>Chaotic evil is more of a psychopath, someone who kills for pure pleasure, who doesn't even honor an organization.

Marlo
>>
>>66660635
This
>>
>>66660795
what's it like to allow race to define you?
>>
>>66660683

The Chaotic Evil Code

The personal code of a chaotic evil character may look like this:

1.You shall lie whenever convenient.

2.You shall harm the innocent whenever convenient.

3.You shall kill for pleasure.

4.You shall not aid the weak.

5.You shall not honor any other before yourself.

6.You shall break the law whenever convenient.

7.You shall betray friends, family, community, and nation whenever convenient.

8.You shall harm those who protect the weak or honor laws.

9.You shall pursue all forms of pleasure.

10.You shall seek unlimited power over others and unlimited freedom for yourself.

-------------

Hm. Is that really Stringer tho?
It's been a while that I watched the Wire, but I remembered him to be a bit more like Vito Corleone. If it wouldn't be for Avon, Stringer might have even become legitimate after a while.

He isn't "chaotic evil" in the way a psychopathic fascist or something might be, who wants to push those that stumble already, and "never aid the weak".

He is more of a cynic than a hater.
>>
>>66660795
>Italians
>white
>>
I think I'm gonna drop this show.

I'm struggling to get through the second season and I'm only on the fourth episode. It took like 2 days to marathon the first one, but I've been on this one for one week.

Fuck, does it ever get better?

What idiot thought it would be a great fucking idea to ruin a formula they perfected in the first season? New area, completely different characters, it's almost unwatchable. I couldn't care less about some dumb polack fucks or the marine workers and whatnot.
>>
>>66660834
that describers Omar perfectly...
>>
>>66660862
go watch a different show. Every season is different, that's the point. Also you should give it a chance, the second season is better than the first in many ways.
>>
>>66660635
/thread
>>
File: 1438841754991.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1438841754991.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>66660683

Most of the hits he ordered were to clean up D'Angelo's mess (killing some guy in a public lobby with witnesses).

He might not have been as family oriented and loyal as Avon, but he was not chaotic. He wanted out of the game and wanted to be a legit businessman. And he did what he felt he had to to achieve that.
>>
>>66660798
>niggers
>>>/pol/
>>
>>66660820
I mean, every other race does the same fucking shit, so pretty good actually.
>>66660856
>Implying I'm not half white/half latino and don't take pride in both of my ethnic ancestries.
>>
>>66660549
>Chaotic evil is more of a psychopath, someone who kills for pure pleasure

Not true at all. Chaotic just means they follow no rules, not even their own, but this does not mean their actions are senseless. Similarly Evil isn't just killing.

Marlo is easily Chaotic Evil. I can also see a case being argued for Clay Davis.
>>
>>66660951
>you are from /pol/ if you hate uncivilized apes
>>
Ziggy is the most annoying sack of shit ever.
>>
>>66660798

He sold it too.

So he was a thief and a peddler.

Some must be confused since he testified against Weebay, thinking that makes him good in some sense, but he only did that since they tortured and killed his twink.
>>
>>66660984

Yeah okay, maybe but even with your definition of chaotic evil, Stringer wouldn't be a chaotic evil character.
>>
>>66660986
This. Niggers are niggers. There's a reason why they talk and act like degenerates. They're relics that should have gone extinct by now. Ever wonder why the only well spoken black men are mixed race? Because they carry evolved genes. Every other ethnicity is the result of mutated genes, evolution for the better. Blacks are literally hairless upright chimps.
>>
>>66660951
>implying /tv/ didn't say nigger before the cuckening
Literally every board except /soc/ dislikes nigs, even the nicer boards like /an/. you can tell who's /pol/ by asking their opinion on Jews. /pol/ hates them, most boards don't give a shit, /tv/ likes them because they are a cornerstone to the industry
>>
>>66660834
A chaotic evil character is one of total id, they're rarely portrayed because they're very simple and it's not a realistic personality type if the character is meant to be functional in society at all. A desperate drug addict or non functional sociopath might be one, or a comic book villain from the 40's, but these kinds of one dimensional mustache twirlers don't usually make for compelling television or film.
>>
>>66660862
The Wire isn't a show where you can binge-watch. The Wire is a marathon, not a sprint. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE struggles through 2nd season but it pays off.
>>
>>66661152
Correction: The Wire is a show you don't and shouldn't watch at all if you're not a negro.
>>
I really feel like Slim Charles should be on there somewhere.
>>
The Wire is basically a proto-SJW.

>nigger cops everywhere
>niggermans are lawmans
>all the white characters are either borderline retarded (Herc), crooked or complete assholes
>all the black characters are super intelligent, even the dumbest nignog knows how to play chess and the kids excel at math
>gay and lesbian characters everywhere
>black criminals are actually good deep down inside of them, while the white cops are evil
>>
>>66660554
I don't think that was season 1
>>
>>66661082
in every civilized country they are the most violent and uncultured minority. asians were smart to stop them migrating to their countries

Aus: aboriginies
New Zealand: Maori
Eastern Europe: black gypsies (not middle eastern)
>>
>>66661152
The only way it could pay off is if the fat fuck that controls the docs gets killed in the most painful way and every union shithead gets slowly devoured by a pack of feral niggers.
>>
>>66661152
honestly the show didn't pay off like everyone says. It's great but is extremely shallow and lacking any sort of artistic style in how it is shot. The first and fourth seasons had moments where they started to build something of a style but the flow of the story is so broken up from season to season and the focus changes too drastically to retain a consistent and absorbing environment.
>>
>>66660115
Stringer is the neutral evil, Avon is Lawful evil (or maybe Bodie), and Chris and Snoop are Chaotic evil. Otherwise, pretty good.
>>
>>66661265
huh

not too far off actually
>>
>>66661238

aborigines are not niggers mate, they're basically old african ancestors that huff. Maoris are cool, you're just intimated because you're a beta whiteboi. Gypsies should be killed. I fucking hated how on almost every corner I can see some dirty gypsy begging or trying to hustle someone.
>>
I just love Bunk's and Clay Davis' voices, they sound so great.
>>
>>66661269
You're free to your opinion but I disagree. The show had a very obvious visual style and how it was depicted was as artfully done as any scene in Mad Men or BrBa or any show of the sort. It's about the urban blight of Baltimore, and the handheld digital camera, straight-on shot style was plain and deliberate.
>>
>work at a fucking convenience store
>co-worker gets lip from a chimp about how he's being ID'd for buying alcohol while the previous guy didn't get ID'd.
>co-worker (keep in mind, she's this sweet older Filipino lady) says, "because he doesn't look like a teenager.
>I turn to customer co-worker is dealing with and say, "Seriously dude, we already deal with enough bullshit at this job. Don't give us lip, we already put up with enough shit."
>Dude chimps out on me, calls me, a white male, a "nigga" in a nasty snarl equivalent to a fucking animal.

Seriously. I feel sorry for all you black dudes just trying to get by and have faggots like this painting bad pictures for your community.

Also, yes, we ID you more than every other ethnicity purely because you buy more products for +18 year olds. Keep buying so many fucking cigars/alternatives, this shit will happen. Fuck my job.
>>
>>66661218

>even the dumbest nignog knows how to play chess

but thats wrong

D had to teach 15 year olds the simple rules of chess
>>
>>66661362

>artfully done

nigga it was an ok show don't give it more depth than what its due
>>
>stringer
>chaotic anything
>>
>>66661307
>abos not niggers
>african ancestors
so niggers

maori have high unemployment rate and incarceration rate, just like american niggers. And they try to imitate the thug culture when they arent even related to american blacks
>>
>>66661375

did you fuck her?
>>
>>66661207
Slim Charles was definitely Lawful, you could say evil or neutral, but he was the most straight up G on the show. It's easy to think of all the street guys on the show as evil, but to me it's the ones that take pleasure in killing and cruelty, like Weebey and Snoop are more evil, and the ones who treat it like business like Chris and Bodie are more neutral .
>>
https://youtu.be/_Er0V_85aPU?t=103
>>
>>66661442
I like my Filipinas but she's ancient bro.
>>
>>66661375
Nice blog niggah.

Everyone who interacts directly with customers deals with this shit. Do something else or shut the fuck up, no-one cares.
>>
>>66661441

mate, abos are not violent unlike niggers, i've played rugby with a few maoris and they're totally cool
>>
>>66661457
Nigger Wee-Bey was just doing his job the entire time, same as Chris.
>>
>>66660481
No
>>
>>66661218
Not really, you're just a racist who is incapable of seeing nuance.

The Wire holds everyone, white or black, accountable for their actions and shows how they intersect in seemingly invisible, but highly impactful, ways.
>>
>>66661475
Bro, I don't mind working retail. I have good customer service "niggah". It's working with people's vices that suck. Keep smoking your swishers though, faggot. Enjoy your inevitable cancer.
>>
File: feliciaWire_1846197a.jpg (24 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
feliciaWire_1846197a.jpg
24 KB, 620x388
>>66660115
Snoop was chaotic evil. she was eager to kill she just needed the ok from Marlo first

Marlo i think is neutral evil as he followed a code strictly for purposes to benefit the reputation of a ruthless druglord
>>
>>66661362
Mad Men is the exact opposite as The Wire, absolutely engrossing style, literally nothing else of consequence. And BrBa is just like The Wire. It's great at telling the story and making interesting situations that are reasonably well done but it is it a deep show either. There is rarely any time where you find yourself unwillingly thinking/feeling something due to artistic choices. It doesn't happen at all after Season 3.
>>
>>66661549
>I don't mind working retail
>Aside from in all the ways I do mind it

Again no-one cares, do something else or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>66660961
This is dumbest shit I've heard. The show was written and developed mainly by a white guy. What does Breaking Bad have to do with race anyway? Nothing what you say makes no sense
>>
>>66661523
Eh, not all the time, when he killed that stripper and some other shit I don't have total recall of everything he did in the show. He wasn't as evil as Snoop or that little kid that killed Omar, but he was definitely more evil than Chris or Charles.
>>
>>66661585
You do know there's other retail environments than convenience stores, right, degenerate?
>>
>>66661568
>There is rarely any time where you find yourself unwillingly thinking/feeling something due to artistic choices. It doesn't happen at all after Season 3.
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>66661557
Marlo has a man killed for simply telling him it's not right to just steal stuff right in his face. Guy was completely respectful the entire time, but he still died for it. If Marlo had just walked away from that, even with all the shit he'd just stolen, no-one would have known anything and it wouldn't have affected his reputation one iota.

Marlo's chaotic as shit. The reason he puts so much weight on his reputation is because he wants everyone to fear him.
>>
>>66661598
>All primary protagonists/anti-heroes are white
>This continues into Better Call Saul.

Gee, I don't know. It's a white man's show.
>>
>>66661375
you just snapped after the lady spoke without giving him a chance to respond? sounds like you both just teamed up on him. id tell you to go fuck yourself too and pray you dont end up old working at a convenience store like your girlfriend there.
>>
>>66661457
Proposition Joe is the most neutral...
>>
>>66661615
Great, go do that and stop your fucking whining.
>>
>>66661602
He didn't kill the stripper she overdosed, he just dumped the body. Same shit Chris or Charles would have done in that situation.
>>
I never saw Breaking Bad but I always shit on that show and say how it's inferior in every way compared to The Wire.
>>
File: The_Wire-_Jimmy_Walker.png (88 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire-_Jimmy_Walker.png
88 KB, 200x194
>ctrl+f "officer walker"
>0 results
One of the most memorable assholes in TV imo.
>>
>>66661624
I guess the best moment that I canloint to from BrBaqoukd be the death of Jane. You don't particularly like her after she starts dragging Jesse down. You honestly might even think Walt should kill her but you still feel like something horrible is happening to Walt's soul as he willingly lets her choke on her own vomit. It's entirely due to the manner in which it was shot along with the build up surrounding that scene.

The best way I can describe it is if you were told that it happened by a friend, it wouldn't really affect you all that much but when watching it becomes a huge deal. Art makes you feel/think a certain way even when you don't know exactly why it does that.
>>
>>66661652
Yeah, I agree with that, you even see at the end he's "going legit" i.e. trying to become lawful evil, or at least neutral evil, but he just isn't, he's chaotic evil so he goes and fucks up those guys on the corner, for absolutely no earthly reason other than that's just what he is.
>>
>>66661678
He already responded when he snapped at her, initially. We deal with faggots that whine about getting ID'd all the time or have to refuse customers because they're irresponsible stupid fucks that "forgot" to bring their IDs on them. Quite frankly, I can speak for every convenience store clerk when I say I'm sick of that shit. How are you going to forget something that's mandatory to have on you and wig out when someone's just doing their job? Believe me, I fucking love alcohol, I get ID'd, and being the responsible contributing member of society that I am, I carry my shit on me and have no problem showing it when I'm trying to buy my booze.
>>
>>66661740
It is inferior. It always has been and every episode is. But that doesn't mean it's a bad show, it's certainly worth watching
>>
Stringer Bell is such a tragic character. He's The Wire's Michael Corleone.
>>
>>66661652
Yep, Marlo wants to be legend and yet he will be forgotten. He tried to build an empire and couldn't because kings come and go.

Meanwhile Omar became a folk hero and lives forever in Baltimore lore.
>>
>>66661685
Do convenience store clerks a favor and actually carry your ID on you and not whine when they ask to see it, okay, degenerate?
>>
>>66661815
>contributing member of society

Hahah
>>
>>66660115
The best part about alignment memes are reading the little quotes associated and this picture doesn't even have them baka desu senpai
>>
>>66661853
I work two jobs and pay rent for a roof over my head with no reliance on food stamps, so yeah.
>>
>>66661845
I always carry ID on me but it's never an issue because this is the 21st century and I order all my shit online and have it delivered straight to my door.

All I've said is if you don't like your shitty job go do something else and stop fucking blogging about it on the internet because no-one cares. I honestly don't see how you think I'm that guy or whatever. But I suppose you've already shown you're a complete fucking retard so trying to understand you would be pointless.
>>
>>66661720
Yeah, but it just wasn't any thing to him, she literally was an inanimate object to him, he might have even given her a hot dose. I get what you're saying, and I'm not saying he's on like a Marlo or Snoop level, he even shows fatherly concern for his son at one point after much cajoling, just that I think he's more evil than neutral.
>>
>>66661894
You serve niggers their cigarettes and liquor.

What an amazing contribution.
>>
>slim Charles not true neutral
>>
List your top 5 favourite characters from The Wire

1. Johnny Weeks
2. Ziggy
3. Prop Joe
4. Bodie
5. Valchek
>>
>>66661952
>Yeah, but it just wasn't any thing to him, she literally was an inanimate object to him

And what you think Slim Charles would have took that bitch out for a high class dinner and wept tears when she OD'd? Of fucking course he wouldn't.
>>
>>66661654
You could change Walt's and it would hardly matter. Race isn't even a theme of the show
>>
>>66661942
Clearly I hit a sensitive nerve, but kudos to you for supposedly being a responsible human being.
>>
>>66661815
I wish you'd focus on contributing to society and stop contributing to this thread
>>
>>66662039
Yes you have hit a nerve I'm retard intolerant.
>>
>>66661983
Wrong. I serve anybody cigarettes and beer if they're responsible to have their IDs on them. I pay my taxes. That's my contribution to the society that decided to make it mandatory to do so.
>>
>>66662083
>I not only serve niggers on a daily basis, I also pay for their welfare

Again, amazing contribution. You could die tomorrow and society wouldn't give an iota of a fuck. But keep believing you matter if it helps you get through the day.
>>
>>66662067
Or you're just someone that's upset that I spoke out about the truths to the insolence, ignorance and irresponsibility that's so often hand-in-hand with the African community in a black oriented thread.
>>
>>66662027
No, but he probably wouldn't get in that kind of situation, that's my point, it was daily living for Weebey to run train, have the bitch die, and dump her body. It's not business, it's just how he lives. Charles chewed the kids out when they moved on Omar while Omar was with his mom, Weebey would have been laughing.
>>
>>66662172
No he wouldn't

Wee bay knows how the game is run and respects it
>>
What are some good TV shows written by black people?
>>
>>66662138
Society as a whole doesn't give a fuck about anybody anon. Society doesn't even give a fuck about you. Your purpose is to survive and thrive. Contributing to society isn't a privilege, it's just something you do for the sake of survival. I'm talking legitimate survival. Not a reliance on EBT. That shit's pathetic.
>>
>>66662156
>I'm definitely not retarded, he just must love niggers

The irony is you're the one acting like a nigger here. You jump up in a thread about a TV show and start blogging about your gay life and when someone tells you to shut the fuck up you cry about it and act as if it must definitely be about race.

I strongly advise you kill yourself at the first available opportunity.
>>
>>66662334
Ditto to you, too faggot. Join me in a mass suicide attempt. Because, after all, what does your ass have to live for?
>>
File: 1290340538834.gif (739 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
1290340538834.gif
739 KB, 144x144
>>66662172
>he probably wouldn't get in that kind of situation

Nigger Slim Charles is at the party they throw for Cutty when he gets out of jail. The party filled with hookers doing drugs. The exact same situation, only difference being none of the bitches there OD'd.

>Weebey would have been laughing.
This is a completely baseless assertion. Wee-Bey knows the rules and follows them. This is his reaction to finding out his homie shot a cop whilst they were gunning for the snitch. Bey knows the rules, and the fact he doesn't care about some random hooker ODing doesn't affect that at all.
>>
>>66662403
Many things. None of those things involve having to deal with niglets screaming in my face for minimum wage like you you fucking retard.
>>
>>66662499
There's that poker face and dejection. C'mon now, you know you're a worthless pile of shit in an even bigger cesspool of shit. You should really just OD right now and do the world a favor.
>>
>>66662230
I enjoy Scandal
>>
>>66661000
Trips speaks truth
>>
>>66662599
>Once more with the I'm not retarded he must just be a nigger!

You're the dumbest piece of shit I've ever seen on here. Honestly, you have a belt, it won't even take too much effort, just do it. Nice dubs cunt.
>>
>>66661307
>aborigines are not niggers mate, they're basically old african ancestor

>aborigines
>africans
Nope.
Aborigines and Africans are the most distant groups from each other, genetically speaking.
>>
>>66662685
Thanks cock smoking queer. Hope you enjoyed our pleasant discussion as much as I did. I have to add I find it cute how you projected your own mental retardation onto me during our entire conversation.
>>
>>66662172
>It's not business

Wee-Bey was all business. When his boy shoots Kima he cops himself to like ten different murders, life with no parole, without complaint, because that's just the way the game goes. You're acting like Charles just goes home at the end of the day and turns off his phone and listens to Enya. That's dumb.
>>
>>66662757
I find it cute how you talk about projection when this entire time you could have pointed your asshole at a wall and displayed a powerpoint presentation.

I wasn't being facetious though seriously kill yourself.
>>
>>66661000
>Ziggy is the most annoying sack of shit ever.
and he's the best representation of Chaotic Neutral.
>>
>>66662660
All her shows are bad but at least she mixes black females with white males.
>>
>>66662800
You first bb
>>
>>66662011
Gregs
Lester
McNulty
Niko
Snoop
>>
>>66662875
I honestly just watch it because of Kerry
>>
It sucks that The Wire has so many unlikeable characters.

What sucks the most is that the main character is the biggest asshole of them all.
>>
>>66662929
i want to fuck her
>>
>>66660115
all seasons
>the good
LG - Bunk, Cutty
NG - Colvin, Bubbles
CG - Omar
>the neutral
LN - Prop Joe
TN - Frank Sobotka, Nick Sobotka
CN - Ziggy
>the evil
LE - The Greek
NE - Levy, Davis
CE - Cheese
>>
>>66661750
The ONLY character that I wanted to have his comeuppance.
>>
>>66663079
where avon at
>>
>>66663136
Lawful evil.
>>
>>66662011
1. Bunk
2. McNulty
3. Daniels
4. Stringer
5. Marlo
>>
>>66663176
>the man who ordered the execution of a 15 year old
>>
File: 024.jpg (479 KB, 1920x2156) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
479 KB, 1920x2156
>>66663299
>>
>>66662949
>What sucks the most is that the main character is the biggest asshole of them all.

You mean McNulty?
I like him.

I also like that they have put that rather "simple" character (the Irish-American cop with a slight drinking problem, who lives for his jobs and gets into troubles with his bosses behind desks for the way he fights crime, who is best buddies with his partner, etc) in the center, who is then surrounded by many of these more complex and ambivalent characters you can't easily put into "good or evil" boxes.
>>
>>66664185
Yeah, McNulty. I always thought he was far too unlikeable to be one of the main characters on a show.
>>
>>66664300

Hm, I always liked him.
But then again, I always liked that whole "meme" role with that kind of cop.
>>
>It's an alignment chart

I seriously doubt a single one has ever been accurate. Even in D&D where it came from, nobody with any sense cares about it.

Anyway, what do The Wire's Blu-Rays look like? I'm thinking about yet another re-watch.
>>
>>66664668
>Even in D&D where it came from, nobody with any sense cares about it.

True.
I played D&D for quite some time and in my experience, by now all the experienced players only use it to help overwhelmed newbies make a char. Otherwise, people either mostly ignore it or even see it as a burden they don't want to deal with.
>>
People keep saying that this show has plenty of metaphors and deep symbolism, but where? I don't see it.
>>
>>66664928
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>66664361
McNulty is a classic "white guy know-it-all has-no-flaws cop main character" from the 90s. It's such a cliche.
>>
we did it senpai
>>
>>66665354
I was so happy for Templeton

he deserved it
>>
>>66665109
But The Wire deconstructs this cliche. Instead of total success intrinsic to such character McNulty end as mix of success and failure. Very relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b54EEpdv9q8
>>
>>66660115
>D Evil

What fucking pleb made this chart?
>>
>>66665615
>gangsters are not evil
>>
>>66665109
>>66665578

McNulty does have flaws (his relationship to women, his drinking problem, his relationship to his superiors).

You might argue that these are not the kind of flaws that make him less popular for the average viewer, but they are still flaws.

As for the cliche part:
I don't think that adding a cliche here and there is necessarily bad. And as I said here, I did like the fact that his character has some cliche/meme elements (Irish-American cop, drinks too much, troubled relationship with women and with the suits behind their desks), and is then surrounded by all these ambivalent characters.

Stringer for instance. Stringer is the antagonist, but he's not a James Bond villain. The more "simple" McNulty is like the anchor so to speak.
>>
>>66665649
He actively refused to participate in murder and beatings. He was only in the gang because his uncle is the leader. That's kind of the point of his character
>>
>>66666182
Yeah, he plays Pontius Pilate and this is evil.
>>
>>66666371
No it's neutral
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.