[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (314 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
file.png
314 KB, 680x440
>Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
>>
>>66657285
I feel like this is going to involve goat dick.
>>
>>66657285

Best actor of the movie, which was also great.
>>
how did thomasin know the goat was evil? she was evil too
>>
This movie was GOAT
>>
>>66657798
Blacks are evil. Goats are evil. It's a black goat, you figure it out.
>>
>>66657934
fuck off back to /pol/, goats are good for fucking and blacks are the heroes
>>
>>66657959
Sheep are for fucking, goats are good for literally nothing. Even their cheese is shit-tier.
>>
i'd rather be burned at the stake than literally join eternal hell for all eternity.

the fuck was wrong with her?
>>
File: Hot frogs.png (44 KB, 668x559) Image search: [Google]
Hot frogs.png
44 KB, 668x559
>Thomasin, take off thine clothes.
>>
So let me get this straight

Father - Pride
Mother - Envy
Son - Lust
Daughter - Greed
Thing #1 - Gluttony
Thing #2 - Sloth

Pretty deep tbqh
>>
>>66658069
>Mother - Envy
Eh?
>>
>>66658097
She lost faith
>>
>>66658097
>>66658069
the mother/envy thing has never made sense. fucking stupid.

she's literally just any ordinary mother going fucking crazy because her children keep dying.

most moms would have killed thomasin after the baby disappearing.
>>
>>66658204
How is that envy?
>>
>>66658290

She said she wanted to feel Christ's love again, but couldn't anymore. She was envious of it.
>>
>>66658318
REACH
>>
File: 1289805038353.jpg (173 KB, 612x677) Image search: [Google]
1289805038353.jpg
173 KB, 612x677
>>66658318
I don't think you know what envy means.
>>
>Ripping off Madoka

Really, Amerifats?
>>
File: 6541613486.png (867 KB, 1199x631) Image search: [Google]
6541613486.png
867 KB, 1199x631
>>66658318
If anything, I think she would personify greed. She wanted her father's silver cup, and I believe I saw it when the witch made her believe her sons were back (but really it was a raven). That's some pretty powerful desire - to want something back as badly as your dead children.

I'm not sure I believe the whole seven deadly sins personification in each of them anyway. I think it was more to show that each of them was flawed/sinful in their own ways, and that is how the witch/devil gained an advantage to manipulate them.
>>
Where in God's cock is the torrent?
>>
Is this the best horror movie ever made? I mean, it's not scary, but it's so masterfully done. The witches are just incredible in it, there are no cheap jump scares, the goat was just amazing, the atmosphere was impeccable... I can't think of a single bad thing.
>>
>>66658478
Watch it in theaters faggot.
>>
>>66657285
is this actual dialogue from the movie? is this an actual screenshot from the movie?

because if so it looks stupid as shit.
>>
Is the movie worth seein?
>>
>>66658451

If the silver cup is in that dream / nightmare, it would be really cool. I need to see the movie again and look for it.

Regarding that pic, The Witch just opened in my country and about half the people in my theater were OUTRAGED by it, saying things like "This is ridiculous", "what a boring movie" or "this is one of the worst horror films I've ever seen, too pretentious". I thought it was a masterpiece.
>>
>>66658498
I am not paying for it, faggot.
>>
>>66658508

You need to see it, family. It makes sense in context.

>>66658558

Great movie, especially if you like witch stories.
>>
>>66658560
sounds like your country is shit. hopefully it gets nuked tbhf.
>>
>>66658624

Can you guess the country?
>>
>>66658480
Honestly, I think it is. This may sound crazy, but I don't think horror films have to be "scary". What I mean is that they don't need the jumpscares and ridiculous shit most "scary" movies try to add these days.The film was definitely horrifying in the sense that it was unsettling and suspenseful; with scenes that really stuck with me.

I never think about a horror movie more than 24hrs after watching it, but this film has me pondering certain scenes a week later. I'll probably try to see it again in the theater, too.

Then there's the stuff we all know; godtier cinematography, casting, dialogue, setting.
>>
>>66658558
I'd say if you liked The Babadook and It Follows you'd really like this one. It's better than both, but requires more than a double digit IQ and attention to enjoy.
>>
>>66658581
Let's go I'll pay for you.

You'll have to suck my dick afterwards though, faggot.
>>
>>66658560
Yeah, it seems to be common for people to bitch audibly during the film (something that I've not encountered in my area), storm out, etc. In my theater, some cunt was complaining and sighing and shit. Someone told her to fuck off and she left a little bit later, but a few other people walked out at different points. It kind of interfered with my viewing.

I thought it was a masterpiece as well. I'm very excited to see where the director goes from here. Hard to believe that this was his first film. Also, Thomasin a cute! CUTE!
>>
>>66658776
I will, if you're cute, faggot.
>>
>>66658689

Exactly. The movie leaves you unsettled and wondering about it, even though there's barely anything open to interpretation in it. Ten year old me would be scared shitless though, like I was when I watched The Exorcist back in the day.
>>
>>66658800

She's really fucking cute. I hope that she didn't have a body double at the end.
>>
>>66658624
>sounds like your country is shit. hopefully it gets nuked tbhf.

Nearly every thread about this film has had many people complaining about their experience with other people, and those were overwhelmingly Americans.
>>
>>66658803
I'm cute as fuck bro.

You better be in LA, faggot.
>>
film name ?
>talking goats asking malevolent questions

you have me interested
>>
i didn't think this movie would have anything to do with a witch, and was genuinely surprised when they literally showed a witch doing evil shit 15 minutes into the movie. so awesome and creepy.
>>
>>66658947
The Witch.
>>
>>66657285

Does Satan change his voice for every period? Like if he showed up in the ghetto would he be a giant black rat saying, "ayyo nigga you want the good life ya feel me?"
>>
>>66659088
>does the devil only speak english?
>>
>>66657285
Everyone who seen it says the movie sucks ass that I know.

Lot of people really love it.

Is it on torrents yet?
>>
>>66658963
Grinding up a goddamn baby, no less. Then the witches straight up flying at the end, straight out of a Goya painting. The Devil speaking and appearing behind Thomasin. The just fucking went for it, where most horror movies hide their monsters, shoehorn in an unnecessary twist or leave things open for interpretation. They just went all in, and I'm so glad they did. It really paid off.

>>66658947
>>66658905
This film truly separates patricians from plebians like none I've ever seen before. Most of the time, plebs know which films to watch and which to avoid based on marketing, but not with The Witch. They went in expecting Saw/Hostel/Paranormal Activity, and were sorely disappointed. I had a hearty laugh at the shittaste faggots as they stomped out of the theater.
>>
>>66659088
>he be a giant black rat
>implying he won't be da white man
>>
>>66659088
He was wearing Puritan clothes too from what I could tell. If the Devil existed, I'd say he'd appear as whatever the person was accustomed to, so as to seem relatable.

>>66659142
It got great critical reviews. It's just plebs who are going expecting it to be full of jumpscares and it's not that type of film.
>>
>>66659242
So since it not a jumpscare movie, is it a unsettling movie? a physiological one? Bodily horror?
>>
>>66659284

Definitely unsettling.
>>
>>66659284
The best way I can think of to describe it is period psychological horror. And yes, it is definitely unsettling. If you appreciate cinematography and atmosphere, definitely check it out. I think it just upped the bar for the horror genre.
>>
>>66659284
watch the movie

and then go to the IMDB boards to get a better understanding. you'll appreciate the movie much more after.
>>
>>66659284

No body horror, no gore. Just a bit of violence.

One thing I love about the movie is that it used the mundane shit as a source of cheap-ish scares. Like going from a really quiet scene to the father bringing his axe down on wood or the children singing, from the creepy quiet to the loud ordinary. Very cool.
>>
Is this kino?
>>
>>66659710
Its a film, not kino
>>
I saw it today. Pretty fucking boring. And their accents were nearly impossible to understand.
>>
>>66660099
>uses the term boring
>can't understand what they're saying

We've got a 100% uncultured pleb here.
>>
>>66660153
When I first watched Delicatessen it was without subtitles and I absolutely loved it. Nothing happens in this movie. It's just atmosphere. Call me whatever you want, it doesn't make the movie less boring.
>>
who's house were they staying at? they didn't build that shit
>>
>>66660223

Would you take some time to tell us what good horror films have you seen recently? What are your all-time favorites of the genre?

It would help us a lot.
>>
>>66660276

They built it. They didn't have money for windows, so the house doesn't have any.
>>
>>66658927
>You better be in LA
Sorry, I don't date niggers, faggot.
>>
>>66660297
Don't be weird.
>>
Post wiibums of that fat ass
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 480x640
>>66659242
>if the Devil existed
>>
File: 250px-Baphomet.png (58 KB, 250x367) Image search: [Google]
250px-Baphomet.png
58 KB, 250x367
>>66657285

Thans for the offer baphomet, but i'd prefer not to get fucked by your suspicious, backhanded offerings. I don't want to have my soul molested for eternity. Pls leave.
>>
>>66660881
this. where is thomasin's delicious ass?
>>
this movie blew goat balls
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 739x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 739x960
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 188x268
>>
>>66661779
>>66661814

I really need the blu-ray for this movie. That final scene was amazing.
>>
>>66658044
she killed her mother. Self defense or not, according to puritan law shes going to hell either way.
>>
>>66661986

This. There's no turning back after that. If she went back to the town, she would be called a witch.
>>
>>66658069
Where's wrath
>>
>>66662270

Black Phillip. He was angry at the two kids, he killed the father of the family, etc.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.