[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Paul Feig claims he wasn't interested in making GB3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: feig.jpg (131 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
feig.jpg
131 KB, 950x534
>Paul Feig claims he wasn't interested in making GB3
Trailer references 30 years ago, either for thematic reasoning or pure nostalgia
>Says he wants to have a fresh take for this group of women to take up Ghostbusting
They are literally the men characters just gender swapped
>We are going to have a new story
Librarian is the first Ghost they bust
>Insults people claiming this will ruin the originals
But still uses those originals as a crutch to get butts in seats by shoving as many original actors into this new one. Also remember Slimer! :)
>Dubstep remix Ghostbusters theme
I thought we were past this
>Special effects worse than the originals
Bravo Sony

Seriously what a fucking blunder

Bravo to Feig though, reshaping this shit to feature women as the main cast has made him have a useful scapegoat for criticism
>>
>>66645195
Wow, fucking owned. You wrecked that guy, dude. Mind if I use this response to anger butt mad SJWs on youtube and tumblr?
>>
>Doesn't understand cinéma vérité
>Doesn't understand Feig is making anti neo80s praise
Just stick to capeshit and flavor of the week horror movies, kid
>>
It looked p good. Im okay with them making this movie because it doesnt hurt or affect me in anyway. I might go see it. But watching all the tears on /tv/ is making me really want to see it.

Its pretty pathetic the little virgins on here crying about a movie being made.

Thats for the giggle faggot
>>
>>66645382
>cinéma vérité

Uh, you obviously don't know what that means.
>>
Paul Feig has the most punchable face in Hollywood. He literally looks like cuck.
>>
>>66645417
Did you see the work in the trailer? It's pure cinéma vérité compared to the direct cinema Ghostbusters 1 was
>>
>>66645406
Feig pls go
>>
>>66645468
Yeah I did see it. You obviously don't know what cinéma vérité is.
>>
>>66645406
Aside from your terrible blog/twitter-style writing, you should give the video comments and other sites like Leddit or Imdb a closer look. It just doesn't seem to resonate with anyone.

Guess we're all pathetic little virgins on the internet and whatnot.
>>
File: 1433882992546.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1433882992546.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>66645468
>>
>>66645482
what is cinéma vérite?
>>
>>66645557
The new ghostbusters

Queen of the Desert by Herzog is probably the best example of it
>>
>>66645557
Utter shit, in this case.
>>
>>66645406
>But watching all the tears on /tv/ is making me really want to see it.
>If people get angry about it then I certainly want to see it!

What reasoning is this?
>>
>>66645557
Cinema that tries to show things as they are, without creating scenes or writing some sort of narration and turn things into documentaries. See René Depardon.
But some anons saw the name, realized it had accents and thus had to be french or german or romanian or something and decided to make this the new fresh meme, just like kino.
>>
>>66645557
>what is wikipedia?
Cinéma vérité (/ˈsJnᵻmə vɛrᵻˈteJ/; French: [sinema veʁite], truthful cinema) is a style of documentary filmmaking, invented by Jean Rouch, inspired by Dziga Vertov's theory about Kino-Pravda and influenced by Robert Flaherty’s films. It combines improvisation with the use of the camera to unveil truth or highlight subjects hidden behind crude reality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cin%C3%A9ma_v%C3%A9rit%C3%A9
>>
>>66645195
>>We are going to have a new story
>Librarian is the first Ghost they bust

It's called a tribute.

>>66645315
>Wow, fucking owned. You wrecked that guy, dude. Mind if I use this response to anger butt mad SJWs on youtube and tumblr?

I hate SJWs too, but I kill them IRL instead of having a teary on an imageboard.
>>
>>66645710
>It's called a tribute.

Also called using the originals as a crutch
>>
I feel bad, but this actually looked kind of good. Only thing I hated was gorilla woman. I can take ugly characters, people were ugly in the original ghost busters, but she doesn't even look human.

The "let's go" and "is that hat too much" jokes were funny I thought.
>>
File: 1452905011544.jpg (50 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1452905011544.jpg
50 KB, 680x383
>>66645468
>It's pure cinéma vérité
>>
Look guys, let's be honest here...the reason you don't like this movie is because you'll be watching it alone, or with some turbonerd friends.

I'll watch it with my girlfriend whilst holding her hand.
>>
>>66645195
>They are literally the men characters just gender swapped
No, they are fucking NOT.

For example, Winston was just a normal guy. He was not a sassy black guy with expert knowledge on the city of New York. He was just there for a paycheck.
>>
>>66645981

Their roles in the team are exactly the same.
>>
>>66645624
Because /tv/ is literally wrong about everything. Ive seen what you faggots look like. You are the losers in public. You'll be butthurt at home while i get another tinder date or my slam piece to go see this with me

Really, just think about it for a second.

On one hand you will be at your mommys house shitposting about how women hurt your feelings on twitter

And on anotherhand (the girl's im taking to the movie) will be my cock getting tugged off while i laugh my ass off at a fun movie.

Let that resonate
>>
>>66646010
Oh yeah? Break them down and compare them to the original Ghostbusters then.
>>
>>66645815
>in my small town weve never seen black people are they human?

Your opinion doesnt matter little white boy

She is objectively better looking than 90% of 4chan
>>
>Wiig: the best at math, nerd. Guessing she'll be awkward

>McKinnon: has quirky glasses. That's her character. Also makes quirky faces.

>McCarthy: lmao she's fat

>nigger

wow such great characters bravo feig. He's probably the biggest fraud in Jewwood after JJ.
>>
>>66646083
>Oh yeah? Break them down and compare them to the original Ghostbusters then.

Agreed, it's a tribute not a copy

The leader isn't smarmy and sarcastic like Peter Venkman.

The physicist is similar to Egon, I guess.

Ray was a milquetoast, not a clownish engineer.

The token black has been replaced by a tough sassy black, an improvement.
>>
>>66645981
It's kind of a let down reading about how his character was supposed to be awesome and they cut it out
>>
>>66646026
Found the feminist landwhale pretending to be a chad.
>>
>>66645195

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks?
Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to.
Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards....
>>
why doesn't McCarthy die when the ghost twists her head 360
>>
>>66646225
Found the numale that pretends he isn't a numale
>>
>>66646318
>why doesn't McCarthy die when the ghost twists her head 360

It's almost like...
ghosts, being supernatural, have abilties that defy the laws of physics, biology, or even logic itself...and furtehrmore...

it's based on a scene form a famous film callled...

the exorcist
>>
File: 1442291795084.jpg (133 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
1442291795084.jpg
133 KB, 629x800
>>66645955
>my girlfriend
>trolling on /tv/
>>
>>66646220
>tough, sassy black

How is that an improvement?
>>
File: nig.jpg (10 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
nig.jpg
10 KB, 260x260
>Fat vagina joke comic woman
Check
>Mandatory black soul sister
Check
>Awkward post middle age woman
Check
>Tough 'I don't need a man' Bart Simpson type feminist character
Check.

It's going to be fucking horrible but there is an audience for it.
>>
>>66646583

That whole scene was so fucking awful.

It's like something out of a Tyler Perry movie.
>>
>>66646932
stfu bitch cracker
that's our movies
don't touch em
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.