[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amy Adams Doesn’t Exactly Agree With Jennifer Lawrence on Gender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
>Unlike fellow actress Lawrence, who penned an essay about the gender wage gap after learning about the pay difference through the leaked Sony emails, Adams decided not to be vocal about it.
>“I didn’t speak about it before, and I’m probably not going to speak about it forever because I disagreed with ... not Jennifer per se, but people who had opinions on how women should go about negotiating,” Adams explained. “The truth is we hire people to negotiate on our behalf, men and women ... I knew I was being paid less, and I still agreed to do it because the option comes down to do it or don’t do it. So you just have to decide if it’s worth it for you. It doesn’t mean I liked it.”
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-adams-doesnt-exactly-agree-with-jennifer-lawrence-on-gender-pay-gap-w166066

Jennifer Whorance BTFO again. Why is Amy so based?
>>
But she's not saying Jennifer is wrong is the aspect that really matters, that she is paid less and feels bad about it.

She's just shilling for her shitty agent who convinced her to accept less money.
>>
Read that as "Ava Addams" and got excited.
>>
File: amy.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
amy.jpg
108 KB, 1024x768
>>66640565
based Amy

>>66640626
fuck off, fag
>>
>>66640632
She's being responsible and coherent.
>>
>When asked by British GQ if the director David O. Russell made her cry on set, Adams said that he did almost every day. “I was really just devastated on set. I mean, not every day, but most. Jennifer doesn’t take any of it on. She’s Teflon. And I am not Teflon. But I also don’t like to see other people treated badly … It’s not OK with me,” she told the magazine. "Life to me is more important than movies. It really taught me how to separate work and home. Because I was like, ‘I cannot bring this experience home with me to my daughter.’”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SG43wa7Alo

She paid less to work with this asshole? I'd walk out
>>
>>66640632
No. She is saying if you want equal pay then stop agreeing to work for less.
>>
>>66640565

That doesn't make her based, you fucking shill. She's basically agreeing with her on everything except covering her bases with a "but don't worry folks I won't put up a fuss like her." Lawrence remains the one who speaks out at great personal cost
>>
>>66640565
mmmmm
>>
Is there anything amy can't do
>>
>>66640716
That's not what she's saying at all, she admitted to not liking it and wanting equal pay. She's just saying it's either accept the lower pay or get nothing.
>>
>>66640749
>Lawrence remains the one who speaks out at great personal cost

Trying to get attention to herself by playing the victim isn't exactly great personal cost.
>>
>>66640565
Amy's a class act.

And out of her and Jennifer, Amy had much more of right to complain; she was in American Hustle for much longer and although this isn't objectively relevant to pay, played the only interesting character and was the only performer who deserved their Oscar nom.

Proportional to the amount of screentime and work on the film I'm sure Lawrence actually got paid the most
>>
>>66640749
>Lawrence remains the one who speaks out at great personal cost

>making $52 million is a great personal cost
top kek
>>
>>66640829
It is if it negatively affects her image to casting directors and agents.
>>
>Jennifer Lawrence made 54 million last year
>waaaah give me more money
fuck that ho
>>
>>66640858
She's doing a good job being unlikable outside of this topic as well so don't worry.
>>
Adams comes off pretty dumb here, no? What's the female version of Uncle Tom?
>>
>>66640927
GIB ME LESS MONEY PLS
I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH IT GUYS LOL
I'M COOL RIGHT XD
WALK ALL OVER ME ITS FINE
JENNIFER IS SUCH A CUNT LOL, DON'T TELL HER I SAID THAT THO!!!
>>
File: doesnt get it at all.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
doesnt get it at all.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>66640927
Auntie tom.
>>
>>66640565
Based waifu

Top girl

Marry me Amy
>>
>>66640632
She never said she fully disagreed she just said she knew she was making less because that's all she's getting offered.
>>
>>66640565
>Why is Amy so based?

She actually has talent and doesn't have to coast by on her looks?
>>
>>66640710
>When asked by British GQ if the director David O. Russell made her cry on set, Adams said that he did almost every day.
Motherfucker I'll bash his head in the next time I see him.
>>
>>66640565
Based Amy
a
s
e
d

A
m
y
>>
>>66641306
Amy is leaps and bounds more attractive than jlaw though
>>
>>66640927
How is she dumb? She's the only one who explained that they pay people to negotiate their salaries for them.

Jennifer made is seem like she personally had to ask for more money
>>
>>66640791
Yes, but she also said that she did agree to it; she had the right to refuse and not do the movie if it bothered her that much. She kind of comes off like "yeah I don't love getting paid less, but at the same time, I DID agree to it, so I can't complain that much"

What's shitty about Jlaw's rant (besides her being the second highest paid actor on the movie she was referring to, behind fucking Batman), is that she agrees to her wage, gets paid millions of dollars to make a movie, then turns around when it's all over and goes "THIS ISN'T ENOUGH MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. I WANT AS MANY MILLIONS AS THAT GUY IS GETTING"

It's like when Jim Carrey made Kickass 2, and then started bitching on Twitter about how awful gun violence in movies is. It's having your cake and eating it too, taking their money and then complaining about it is hypocritical. If you really cared that much about the issue, you would have refused to do the movie. But agreeing to do the movie, getting paid a small fortune to do so, then complaining about it after the fact is just chickenshit.

The time for Jlaw to rage about wage disparity is during negotiations. If she wants equal pay she should fight for it at the negotiating table, rather than just pointlessly bitch about it after the fact.
>>
>>66641449
shit I meant that for >>66640710
>>
>>66641400
I didnt say she wasnt attractive. I said she has more than just looks going for her.

JLaw was a model as a teenager. She was hot in her lower 20s. She is bitching now because she knows she is on the downhill and about to be dropped by Hollywood because she has nothing to bring to the table.
>>
>>66640749
Fags like you make me sick.
>>
The sony Boss at the time of the leaks was a woman, so she could have at any moment decided to equalize the pay on a gender basis, which she didn't.

The corporate world is filled to the brim with women and minorities in high level positions who have a real power to change a lot of those issues.

Ultimately this supports the theory that the problem disguises itself as racism or misogyny but resides elsewhere.

I think that people have the tendency to pull the ladder out right after they climbed and this applies in the corporate environement.

TLDR women execs are cunts, just like their male counterparts.
>>
>>66640710
>David making qt Amy cry

Purge the infidel
>>
>it's a girl pretending to diss feminist girls to pander boys episode
>>
>>66640632
>>66640716
>>66640791
what she's saying is jlaw didnt check her privalage
>>
>>66640749
>but don't worry folks I won't put up a fuss like her
Because she's realistic not some spoiled brat. That's why JLaws career will be dead by 30
>>
File: 2016-03-03 09.26.31.jpg (81 KB, 346x482) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-03 09.26.31.jpg
81 KB, 346x482
>>66641741
HNNNNG
>>
David O Russel should be thanking Amy Adams, since her body in those outfits was the only thing that made that shitpile American Hustle at all watchable
>>
>>66640565
>But the Big Eyes star says she’s still “proud” of her 25-year-old costar. “What I liked is that it was not necessarily about getting paid, or not getting paid … It’s like we [women] have been conditioned to not be controversial, to not cause problems. It’s about finding your voice,” she said of Lawrence’s essay.

But that's exactly what she did. She literally said why am I being paid less than people with dicks
>>
File: tfw.webm (2 MB, 498x468) Image search: [Google]
tfw.webm
2 MB, 498x468
>>66641449
why even bother anymore
>>
Settle down janny this is a hetero board.
>>
>>66640710
>When asked by British GQ if the director David O. Russell made her cry on set, Adams said that he did almost every day.
Didn't Bale defend her though?
>>
>>66640565
Why can't get be in this shape for DC movies?

it's like she purposely becomes a fat bloated mess when she's Lois Lane, and they becomes full ginger too..

worst casting ever
>>
>>66642323
Nope, kate bosworth is the worst
>>
>>66642323
Lois Lane was ginger in some of the comics.
>>
>>66642386
she wasn't a fat bloated mess though
>>
>>66641836
this

the worst kind of women

most of them don't even have outlined reasons why they aren't feminists

it's just WELL I DON'T HATE MEN
>>
>>66640565
Amy Adams only plays supporting roles and doesn't have an Oscar. She can easily be replaced by Isla Fisher.
>>
>>66642458
Go away, Sacha
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 655x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 655x401
>hello darkness
>>
>>66640565
Except for the fact that Jen Law got 8 mil for 22 days work and Fassbender got 19 mil for 53 days work. So really Jen didn't get paid less, she got paid more for less work.
>>
I love me some attractive non-leftist women.
>>
krager BTFO
>>
>>66642530
Haha GOB
>>
DUDE WE HATE WOMEN LMAO
>>
>>66640966
I like girls like that.

They're good wife material because they don't argue.
>>
File: fatjlaw.jpg (88 KB, 670x1191) Image search: [Google]
fatjlaw.jpg
88 KB, 670x1191
what's she gonna do with all that extra money? buy more hamburgers?
>>
the fuck is wrong with mods deleting every single picture of Amy? All of which are safe for work.
>>
She is literally the best looking woman in existence
>>
Actors and actresses make too much money anyway.
>>
>>66642997
Welcome reddit, I see this is your first day on /tv/.
>>
>>66640565

desu that's not very based. That's just rolling over and dealing with it, which doesn't really solve anything.
>>
>>66642921
fishing for (You)s
>>
>>66643019
No they don't, movies make huge profits. Most actors are paid too little if anything. Slimy suits shouldn't pocket all that cash.
>>
>>66643068
Yes they do. If you make over 250k/year you're already in the 10th percentile of wealth.

No leading actor/actress would ever settle for that.
>>
>>66640716

That's not what she said though. She said that you are basically forced to take it or leave it. Which is bullshit if you are getting legit jewed by the kikes we all know run hollywood.

The gender wage gap amongst the working class is a myth but in hollywood it's actually pretty true, and women always get shit roles desu. But then again, there aren't a lot of women who can play good roles either, so it's hard to write for them.
>>
>>66643029
tv is reddit you fucking sperg
>>
>>66642992
holy shit thought that was rebel wilson
>>
>>66643135
Think of who that money would go to if they didn't get it, moron. They are in the top percentile of wealth because the product they make is in high demand and offers amazing profits.
>>
>>66643068
well the producers do take a far bigger risk than the actors when making a film, and invest every bit of money that goes into it. a bad movie may detract from an actor's portfolio, but throwing millions away on a film that amounts to a commercial failure and bankrupting your studio is another thing entirely.
>>
>>66640919
>goalpost moving
>>
>>66643198
No, you can post attractive actresses on reddit.
>>
>>66643067
And you just gave them one. Good job, retard.
>>
>>66643318
No because now people know not to respond.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.