[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find going to cinema alone really relaxing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: deniro.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deniro.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone else find going to cinema alone really relaxing?
>>
>>66636862

Yeah, I like going to the cinema but the movies they show suck donkey dicks. Also, once the movie ends and before the credits even finish rolling, the ugly overweight lady who has to clean up is chasing you from the room.
But sitting in a dark room like that is comfy and relaxing, bonus points if you're (almost) alone.
>>
>>66636862
Yeah, especially when it's late and it's your favourite genre and you really want to immerse yourself in it.
Then there's the walk home, cigarette lit, thinking over points the movie made and various themes it touched upon.
Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>66636862
>going to cinema
Never relaxing.
>>
>>66637009
fucking this.

I'd rather watch a shittyy camrip on my phonethan go to the cinéma
>>
i do this shit all time. fuck having to wait for friends to go pee and buy popcorn.
>>
>>66637057
i do this shit all time. fuck having to wait for friends to go pee and buy popcorn.
>>
>>66636862
how is seeing other people with their friends, and girlfriends fucking relaxing?
it's more like annoying and depressing
>>
>>66637095
you forgot going to the fucking cinema and then coming back. The journey home amkes me forget the whole fucking movie. I watch a movie, and sleep ten minutes after. Did that with Knight Of Cups. Holy Crap was it amazing
>>
I usually go on my own but I rarely go to be honest, good films worth leaving the house to go see are becoming rarer and rarer.
>>
File: cinema.jpg (721 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
cinema.jpg
721 KB, 2560x1920
Yeah it's pretty comfy once you get past the slightly awkward part of buying a ticket.
>>
>>66637353
>buying a ticket
>awkward

I buy my tickets online.
>>
>>66636862
Nothing better than going solo a late night movie, or afternoon matinee on a weekday. Do it all the time for movies I know my friends wouldn't be interested in
>>
>>66637095
>buying popcorn
>not sneaking in 2 cheeseburgers in my pocket
>>
>>66638879
>not making your falcon hold them in her ing pleb, I'll smash your penis with my anvil.
>>
>>66636862
Only if the kino is empty.
>>
wait it's not a common thing on /tv/?

i get /tv/ is not only for cinema enthusiast but still.
>>
>>66639431
>tv
>cinema enthusiast
>>
It seems more of a novelty nowadays, even going with a group of people. It was a very regular thing to do back in the day because they had a far greater variety of films from all genres and decades, tickets were cheaper, it was seen as less of a social event (no singles policy meme), and obviously there wasn't the option to pirate the film or buy a digital copy.
>>
>>66640841
and the films were worth watching
>>
I can't believe I used to feel weird going on my own

Now it's the only way and I actually prefer it
>>
Are you guys really self-conscious about this? I've gone to the movies alone plenty of times while traveling on business. Nobody cares and you shouldn't either.
>>
Whenever I feel lonely and depressed I do it and sit in the way back. Makes me feel like I'm doing something.
>>
>>66641653
I sit in the fucking corner and lean against the seat at an angle which allows me to just watch the film. Watched The Revenant like this, and my legs went to sleep. I didn't move for three hours.
>>
>>66638304
this, then you can just walk in
>>
File: 1451286413144.jpg (105 KB, 1124x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451286413144.jpg
105 KB, 1124x1080
Only time I've ever gone to a cinema alone was to see Star Trek into Darkness because I couldn't manage to get any of my friends to go with me. What a disappointment that was and I smoked a few bong rips before I went in as well. Thankfully it was on a Tuesday night at 10pm so no one was in the theater other then me and like 2 other people. Burst out laughing when spock when kahnnn
>>
Why is going to cinema alone really that big of a deal?
You're not going to talk to your friends while watching the movie.
>>
>>66642420
What possessed you to attach an image of an anime girl to that post?
>>
>>66642982
why not?
>>
>>66638879
>not staying and watching the movie home and eating anything you want, and no faggot will sit before you, or make annoying noises during the movie
>>
>>66643120
and being able to take toilet breaks whenever you want
>>
>>66636862
I found going anywhere alone pretty much better than with other people. Just thought about it today after coming home today after a sculpting exhibit.
>>
I would do it more often if tickets weren't 15 dollars around here
>>
File: 1451491054278.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
1451491054278.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>66642907
who said it was a big deal...?
>>
>>66636862
I like going to one of the smaller theaters around here that plays mostly limited release/"indie" films. The crowds are small and they're mostly old people so it's great.
>>
I go with my wife, who's like a female version of myself. It's like being alone. We hold hands and watch the movie in silence, and then talk about it on the way home. If we're at home, she sits in my lap to watch it. Feels better than watching it alone, desu.
>>
>>66636862
I always go alone. Why? It's not a social experience. I'm not there to talk or interact, I'm there to enjoy the film. It's a horrible place to interact anyway.
>>
Im not sure Ive ever felt the sensation of "relaxation"
not in the last 15 years anyway
>>
>>66636862
>relaxing
>go to see a movie
>have to speak to people to get in
>might be a popular movie, have to sit by a stranger
>nobody can keep their fucking arm off my armrest
>speakers are loud as fuck
I'd say it's exciting, to see it on the big screen like that... but I wouldn't call it relaxing.
>>
No, I find it very lonely sitting in a crowded room alone among groups of friends
>>
>>66644046
Nah it's fine when you're not an insecure cuck
>>
>>66643437
>wife, who's like a female version of myself.

shit, you're a pretty lucky dude
>>
>>66644087
I acknowledge that I am an insecure and lonely person, yes
>>
I usually follow this rule. Comedies, and action movies I'll see with friends because its usually better to watch a dumb comedy with a buddy to rip on it. For other things like dramas, horrors or mystery movies and anything else I might have missed I prefer going alone because usually I just want to immersive myself and enjoy the movie.
>>
>>66636862
it's not relaxing, the fucking sound is too loud
>>
>>66641243
Hey not all of us can afford falcons to get around nsp
>>
Who here /comfy/
>>
I frequently go to the closest thing we got to an "arthouse cinema" in my city, and I mostly go alone. Every other cinema out there is a megaplex with 20+ rooms, but this one has 3 and rarely shows blockbusters. It's a very comfy place that looks like an artsy wine cellar, or something.

They often show independent movies or old classics, and have special weeks or "festivals". For instance, last year I went to the "Kubrick" week and I've seen all my favorite kubricks on the big screen alone, a great experience. An other one I really enjoyed was "80s action" week. I went mostly alone as well but it was very enjoyable because everyone in the audience was mature and obviously familiar with the movies, and was having a great time.
>>
>>66643149
This is the worst part. I'll almost certainly have to piss during the movie, so I either have to miss part of it, or have to hold my piss in for an hour and not be able to enjoy it.
>>
Do people still go to drive-thru movies? I don't have any in my city, but am compelled to try it out instead of going to the cinema as per my usual routine.
>>
>>66644773
Yeah. I went to the cinema for a limited release movie and it was pretty comfy. It was just me and some nice old ladies. I liked it and the movie itself was great but it kinda bummed me out that so few people know about it. It deserves more recognition and praise.
>>
>>66636978
g a y
>>
>>66643149
>>66644931
Why wouldn't the cinema just bring in a policy where every viewer is entitled to one bathroom break per view and they have to pause the movie for 5 minutes?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.