[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pray it never happens, but if you had to remake The Godfather,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lxkfhkWUHU1qi8tbno1_500.jpg (11 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxkfhkWUHU1qi8tbno1_500.jpg
11 KB, 500x375
Pray it never happens, but if you had to remake The Godfather, who would you cast?

Vito - Daniel Day Lewis (can't think of anyone else who could pull it off, maybe DeNiro or Buscemi, but eh)

Michael - Joaquin Phoenix (he's a little bit old, but the only actor I can think of who's talented enough. Would like to hear some other ideas)

Sonny - Colin Farrell (could be pretty good, but actually younger than Phoenix)

Fredo - Paul Dano (classic)

Tom - Mark Ruffalo

Kay - Amy Adams

Help me guys I just don't know
>>
Vito- christopher walken or Michael Douglas because they are both very powerful.(maybe Robert Duvall but he already played tom so it wouldn't be right)

Michael-jake gyllenhaal because bed devoted to the craft and will do everything he can to fit the role

Sonny-John Hamm. He has some resemblance to gyllenhaal so them being family isn't a stretch

frido-someone who is normally portrayed as weak, maybe it can be played by arty bucco

Clemente-the guy who played pussy pumpensaro

Luca brasi-any retarded fat Italian

The Turk-the rich guy on here who is worth like 40 million Name starts with a P

Tom-Jonny depp, he's a great actor who owes a debt to Tim burton who keeps casting him in aweful movies. If we can pull him out it would be perfect

Everyone else draws a blank
>>
>>66635009
Vito - Paul Giamatti

Michael - Michael B Jordan

Sonny - Tom Hardy

Fredo - Michael Imperioli

Tom - Nicolas Cage

Kay - Kate Mara
>>
Vito - Denzel Washington

Michael - Josh Boyega

Sonny - Idris Elba

Fredo - Cuba Gooding Jr

Tom - Don Cheadle

Kay - Kerry Washington
>>
Luca Brasi - Slyvester Stallone (as long as he doesnt ham it up)

Tessio - Brad Dourif

Dirty Cop or The Turk - Gary Oldman

(No Joke) Moe Greene - Paul Dano

Johnny Fontaine - Oscar Isaac
>>
>>66636038
Honestly? That sounds like a pretty good cast. Set it in Louisiana and obviously change the names make the story more modern and you have a sick ass movie about a lousiana crime family fucking up nawlins. I'm actually gonna start working on this
>>
>>66635009

Vito - Edward James Olmos or Benicio del Toro buried in old age make-up
Michael - Oscar Isaac
Sonny - Gael Garcia Bernal
Fredo - Michael Pena
Tom - Edgar Ramirez
Kay - Mary Elizabeth Winstead

It's about a drug cartel now since the mafia is nothing but cucks anymore.
>>
>>66636038
>it's a spike lee joint
>>
Tom Hagen - Michael Fassbender
>>
>>66636101
>>66636038
Replace boyenga with Michael b Jordan and you got yourself a cast. Throw Sam Jackson in there if you want some humor or go the full professional route and get Terrance Howard to play the Turk. Have some Cajun music in the beginning instead of the Italian opera-esque
>>
>>66636249
vito-morgan freeman
kay-jlaw
fredo-kevin hart
>>
Adam Sandler as everyone
>>
Vito- Denzel Washington

Sonny- Ice Cube

Michael- Michael B Jordan

Fredo- Jamie Foxx

Tom- Idris Elba

Luca Brassi- Shaquille O'Neal
>>
Jack Black as everyone
>>
>>66636340
No it has to be a majority black cast, and I hate jlaw so she will never be in my movie. This isn't some liberal sjw get BLACKD movie. It's gonna be a pretty awesome movie. Kevin hart would ruin the seriousness of the movie so he's out. I like the idea of Morgan freeman being Vito but he's too gentle, you need a powerful commanding Vito.
>>66636466
Jamie fox is a has been and can't act for shut, besides Cuba already has the role of the pussy, ice cube could work but not as sonny, he could be the dirty cop or something. Shaq doesn't know how to act but he might be a good cameo for the hell of it.
>>
>>66636130
Can't involve drugs because they need something to go against the Turk which causes him to attack vito
>>
>>66635009
>Pray it never happens
Why though? Nothing about these movies are sacred. Godfather III proved that
>>
>>66636847
Because a direct remake couldn't hope to achieve the same level of acting or direction. It was just one of those winning combinations that is very hard to recreate
>>
>>66635009
it will never happen in our generation.

there will be a remake, but the actors for it haven't even been born

So Id like to suggest my wifes unborn son as Vito Corleone
>>
>>66636925
Whaaat, but I want to play him. Gimme 30 years and I'll be up to it
>>
>>66636693
>Shaq doesn't know how to act but he might be a good cameo for the hell of it.
he is big and retarded so perfect for the role
>>
Alright so this is what I got so far
>New Orleans circa Vietnam
>victor wallace(denzel Washington/Vito), the powerful and respected boss of the Wallace crime family, is having a celebration in his compound for his (insert family members special occasion)
>in this time, his oldest son, Samuel"sonny"wallace(Terrence Howard/sonny) is learning the ropes of being boss, and is helping his father conduct business where he is taking requests from people of the community who need help.
>the family lawyer/adopted brother, Thomas Wallace-jones(don cheadle/tom Hague) walks in and says Michael Wallace(Michael b Jordan/Michael), the youngest of the family, has just returned home from vietnam. Victor says to bring him in.
>meanwhile at the party/get together/event, Michael is introducing everyone to his date, kaylee williams(Nichole behari/Kay)
>Michael is bum rushed by his brother Fredrick "Freddy" wallace(Cuba gooding Jr./frido) and told he needs to see his father immediately
That's all I got so far off the top of my head. I really think this could be a good movie with the right people behind it. Also could someone photoshop The god father movie poster to read, "THE DON". I am in mobile and don't have access right now and j down want to forget.
>>
>>66637029
>shaq
>not luca brasi
imagine him being serious and going classic shaq crosseyed as luca brasi
>classic
>>
>>66637029
Yeah but Luca brass is also supposed to be intimidating. Shaq is goofy as fuck
>>
>>66637208
>Blaq
>Shack
>not intimidating
you wouldn't look him in the eyes if he wasn't famous
>>
>>66637153
Tom should be white. It'd sell the idea, and tickets, better.

Otherwise bretty gud, familia
>>
>>66637158
Exactly what I'm saying>>66637208
I want this movie to be a classic that will be forever rewatched by people who consider it one of the greatest. And it will not have any sequels but may have a prequel telling the full story of victor Wallace
>>
>>66637304
What idea? I thought about tom being French(being its lousiana and a majority of the cities are named after French areas) but I don't know who would fit the role with out taking people out of the moment
>>
>>66636038

>movie with black people

>not having Jamie Fox as lead

Have you ever even met a black person?
>>
So I made a thread where we can fully discuss this idea and j cans start writing the movie it's >>66637568
give me your thoughts
>>
>>66637540
he can be sonny or tom hagen (since hes balding)
>>
>>66637629
>>66637540
The thing is Jamie foxx is an outlier and wouldn't fit in with the theme of the movie. Just like ice cube wouldn't fit in. He's a great actor but he's 90s black, I don't think he can be 70s or 80s black. Basically honk cast of "American gangster" would you put Jamie foxx in that movie
>>
>>66637705
well he could be Johnny Fontaine, and basically reprise his role of the great and wonderful Ray Charles; Charles had little contact with his father growing up, and it is unclear whether his mother and father were ever married. Charles was raised by his biological mother Aretha, as well as his father’s first wife, a woman named Mary Jane. Growing up, he referred to Aretha as "Mama", and Mary Jane as "mother" Aretha was a devout Christian, and the family attended the New Shiloh Baptist Church
>>
>>66636038
Would be dope
>>
>>66637757
This is why I knew tv would make it work. That sounds perfect, Jamie foxx will play Raymond wilks(based on Ray Charles and James brown but we can't use them because of lawsuits)
>>
Please help keep the other thread alive until I can get to a lap top and write this piece
>>
Jules Segal - Idris Elba
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.