[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a fucking awful movie That charlie kid makes me want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 81UGQvKFnQL._SL1500_.jpg (310 KB, 1053x1500) Image search: [Google]
81UGQvKFnQL._SL1500_.jpg
310 KB, 1053x1500
What a fucking awful movie
That charlie kid makes me want to kill myself
>>
File: 1386128945116.gif (477 KB, 244x139) Image search: [Google]
1386128945116.gif
477 KB, 244x139
There's no real sense behind the concept of a purge either.

Of course crime rate is down, everyone just fucking waits until it's legal to do it.
>>
File: drunklahey.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
drunklahey.gif
3 MB, 240x135
>>66623178
>>66623223
movie was poorly written, just because there are no laws doesn't mean there won't be emotional repercussions

did buddy actually think his girlfriend would stay with him if he killed her dad?

why did that one guy kill his friend over something so stupid and his other friends didnt do or say anything, you don't just kill people in your crew because you can
>>
>>66624190
Yeah, and once you do something like this, do they think your average person gives a shit if it's illegal to get revenge? There'd be an epidemic of revenge killings perpetrated by people who had their families or loved ones harmed or taken from them.
>>
File: Crossed.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1933) Image search: [Google]
Crossed.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1933
Its a bloody good example of how to waste a weird premise too.

Any crime is legal.
It could be about large scale 24 hour mob battles, it could be rioters tearing each other to pieces in outlet malls. Any possibility you can imagine could be going on during the purge.

But its just a boring house invasion film.

<<There should have been scenes like this
>>
They took an incredibly interesting concept and kept the viewer indoors the entire time with a typical rehashed plot we've seen a million times.

The best parts are the very beginning while the credits roll and they show you what happens during a purge with found security footage of gangs beating pedestrians.
Someone should run with that concept and have a main character trying to survive during a purge outside, running from one location to another, facing different gangs, families and obstacles.
>>
>>66626485
The opening scene was such a tease. It sucked it me right in, and then I spent the rest of the movie waiting for the scene to change.
>>
>>66624190
>>66624245
> actually thinks everyone thinks things through
>>
>>66623178
You don't know what Population Control is, do you?
>>
>>66626485
> never saw the second purge
>>
>>66623178
The sequel's a lot better. Doesn't try so hard to be a horror flick and instead goes the thriller route.
>>
itt: everyone complaining about what purge 2 is exactly
>>
>>66623178
And the writer thinks other people commit crimes out of emotional urge, not out of neccesity or psychopathy.
>>
Seriously. Fuck that kid
>lol strange black guy running is outside so I should totally bring him inside
>whoa people are gonna a kill us
>lol my dad died due to my stupidity xD oopsie
>>
>>66629527
>obviously saw second purge
>is trolling faggots that never saw second purge
>is consequentially trolling /tv/ fags that saw second purge and wanna be all elitist about it

Patrician.
>>
>>66629963
You're a retard.
>>
>>66624245
>be single mother of 3
>dude breaks in at 5:40am (or whatever close to the end time is of purge) and rapes and kills all three of my children in front of me and finishes at 6 am on the dot
>ahhh get em next year
>>
Why do they even need to say all crime, when it would make more sense to just say murder? If all crime was legal, you see people rioting and stealing everything they possibly can, physical or cyber security be damned. The entire economy would fall apart in a single day because whoops, someone stole all the money!
>>
It's obvious none of you saw the second Purge movie. It's all outside, and ups the scale from home invasion to running away from purgers in the city.
>>
The concept is dumb. Why would the purge stop crime at any other time?
Crime exists because people need things they can't get through conventional means (money, food, drugs, sex, etc)

If there was one night a year like this, it would be like in Futurama with the killer santa bot; everyone would have super fortified homes hardened against attack, along with gun emplacements, caches of weapons, all operated by family members.
>>
>>66623178
>subtle what you would do in the purge thread
>assuming I have no family because I don't want to tell you creeps about them
>alone first year of purge cowering in attic revolver and Bible in hand ready to suicide at a moments notice
>assuming I live through it move far far far from the city and invest in a cheap trailer for my home and eventually a hidden shelter an frank style but without getting caught
>buried under the house a little 10x10 cinder blocker room with a bed and a TV, xbox, those headphones that you can hear the TV (assuming you could ignore the horrors outside) Bible for the worshiping and praying of the not dying or worse and for the children
>booby trap yard with pungee pits dipped in diarrhea and house with razor wire everywhere and a few trip wire shotguns on doorways
>shotgun ready to murk/cap self in head
I have no desire to rape (maybe grab a corpse before the cleanup crew shows up) or risk my life for some TVs at best buy. If I heard children screaming I couldn't ignore it so I'd probably die the first hour. I don't understand how so many people just let that happen, like why is no one banding together against this at least for some shelters for the children. The biggest flaw about this is the lack of a fire department. They should have choppers everywhere. One idiot throws a molotov at the wrong guys house and there's an insane forest fire killing everyone that won't be able to be stopped later or worth it at all for the damage it could cause.
>>
>>66630578
dude what the fuck is your obsession with kids
>>
>>66630620
You would just sit there in your house if you heard some getting getting butchered next door? Let's drop the we're all le edgy meme and tell me you could just cower alone while some kid got brutalized.
>inb4 I'd be taking the children for myself alright (^'; xD
>>
Purge 3 looks dumb.
>>
>>66630568
>Crime exists because people need things they can't get through conventional means
Life is going to kick you in the ass
>>
>>66630578
>break into animal shelter
>light every dog and other critter on fire
>steal the big cages
>put children in them
>raise them as ferrets
>>
That poster art reminds me of Aphex Twin
>>
>>66623178
So crime is legal for one day.

So...tax fraud is legal.
Illegal Immigration is void.
Pedophelia and rape are legal.

I mean the movie presents an interesting concept for about 5 seconds before you realize just how fucking stupid it is.
>>
>>66630578
> I don't understand how so many people just let that happen

there's a bunch of guys in the second one who rescue people that end up outside and kill the goverment forces
>>
>>66623178
this looks and sounds like an incredibly silly movie.
>>
>>66631265

>Unironically wanting to harm animals in the worst way possible

Seek help. Seriously.
>>
>>66633006
>he doesn't harm animals
Kek stay lightweight kid
>>
>>66623223
The crime rate wouldn't go down. Most people aren't going to watch their friends and family get killed one night and then wake up the next morning and go "oh well that's the purge I guess". They're going to exact revenge.
And nobody is going to not kill someone just because the damn siren goes off at 6am or whatever. If you have someone in your sights and don't pull the trigger the other person won't just sit there and be like "forgive and forget".
Then there's the whole mask concept. In the real world, everyone is fat as has distinct body shapes and walking styles and shit. If someone you know is coming to kill you, you're going to recognize it's them right away.
There's so much shit wrong with this movie.
>>
>>66631551
>there will never be a purge movie about immigrants rushing the border with guns, getting in, going to the immigration offices and forging paperwork
>>
>>66634324
>In the real world, everyone is fat
Put down the mountain dew and stop projecting so hard, tubby
>>
>>66634399
You're lying to yourself if you don't think a solid amount of people are fat and additionally have distinct body shapes, postures, and walking patterns. A mask does nothing to hide you from someone who knows you.
>>
>>66634577
Get a rec membership or something fatty
>>
>All crime is legal!
>What kind of interesting scenarios will we see? A mob of rapists and kidnappers? Maybe a band of robin hood-esque citizens using the Purge as a chance to horde tons of money and goods to give out to the poor later? Ooh, maybe a massive horde of teenagers just having a huge fucking party in the center of the city, drinking and getting high off their asses, smashing in windows and pretty much turning blocks of the city into their personal dance clubs? Vigilantes running around trying to protect innocent people caught out of safety, since vigilantism is legal too? Bootleggers and drug lords having huge blow out sales in front of city hall? Huge drag races across the entire city? Police officers using the purge as a chance to become judge jury and executioner on thugs and degenerates now that they don't have to worry about the law?
>Nope everyone is just a nutjob murderer
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.