[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this supposed to be satire or some early form of black comedy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 460_box_348x490_original.jpg (141 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
460_box_348x490_original.jpg
141 KB, 348x490
Was this supposed to be satire or some early form of black comedy? It had so many wacky moments and weird dialogue.

I enjoyed it quite a lot, especially for the premise, but I got a bit confused since I expected an extremely slow and dead-serious film.

Anyways, what did you think about it and do you know any other films with a similar style?
>>
I WANT TO FUCK THAT DEVIL!
>>
>>66622756
look how long my tongue is
>>
The internet makes it easy for me to get jaded over things like that. I can easily write it off as some edgelord stuff since it is, at its core, basically a mockery of religion in the same way a fedora would say today. But at its heart its still an enjoyably irreverent film. Bunuel was trying to push buttons at any rate, so he's never really dull.

Belle de Jour is another good one from him you might enjoy. 70's Federico Fellini movies, like Satyricon, sort of reminds me of the same tone as well.
>>
>>66622895
I didn't care so much for the themes but I loved the visuals and the plain clever ideas like the coffin riding through the desert.

And making it only 45 minutes long really helped the movie. I wish there were more films in that niche between short film and feature length
>>
>>66622895
bunuel has was the original edgelord of film
>>
>>66622654
you watched this shit because of the asif kapadia criterion picks right
>>
Tristana and That Obscure Object of Desire were pretty much the best Bunuels
>>
>>66624235
>this shit
Not him but, and what if this was the reason?
>>
>>66622654
This movie is literal communist propaganda.
>>
File: partida-de-cartas.jpg (190 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
partida-de-cartas.jpg
190 KB, 1200x800
>tfw you will never be him
>tfw they are not playing cards
>>
>>66622654
Bunuel was a commie faggot who attacked the Church because it was against his degenerate philosophy.e was a useful idiot at best.
>>
>>66624459
The Church deserves the criticism that it gets
>>
>>66624516
Yeah, how dare it elevate society and promote a common moral code.
>>
>>66624235
I don't even know what that is.
I watched it because I saw it posted in a letterboxd thread and I had never seen a Bunuel film before and it looked interesting.

Not everything's a meme friend, not even on /tv/
>>
>>66624199
>>66624370
>>66624459
>>66624516
>>66624529

I don't give a shit. It was an interesting film and worth watching.

Most talented artists are edgelords, assholes and general degenerates.

Polanski is a ""child""fucker
Kinski was insane
Bunuel (so you tell me) was a commie and le original fedora

so what? art is not diminished by the character flaws of its' creators.
>>
Fucking hell, all these /pol/ kids shitting up in the thread
>>
>>66624903
We have to be grateful for any replies to non-meme threads these days anon.

For a minute there I thought hiroshima was going to give us /film/ but I don't think it will happen anymore.
>>
>>66624823
>talented artists
>names three hacks
okay kid
>>
>>66625077
name 3 artists who are not hacks.
hard mode: you can't name yourself
>>
>>66625077
>Bunuel
>a hack
Hahahha
>>
>>66624380
>censored ending
>>
>>66625425
He's an edgy teen who's revered by liberal critics because he "escaped" (read: moved from) Franco's Spain. He made vulgar communist agitprop.
>>
>>66624299

Un Chien Andalou

The Exterminating Angel

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoise

Belle De Jour

are top tier Bunuel
>>
File: silvia-pinal.jpg (270 KB, 1600x950) Image search: [Google]
silvia-pinal.jpg
270 KB, 1600x950
this is how the devil looks nowadays
>>
>>66625795
>no Los olvidados

it doesn't get more pleb than this
>>
>>66625795
>Un Chien Andalou

That's a real film? I thought it was a meme like le cheveaux noir.
>>
>>66624235
You are a retard. Buñuel is a really famous filmmaker, what does that random nobody have to do with anyone watching a Buñuel film
>>
bämp
>>
>>66626696
i hope this is bait
>>
>>66624529
You can't really be this blind and retarded, right? And I say this as a believer.
>>
>>66625748
>call someone an esgy teen
>he supports fascism and is a contrarian
I'm sure the irony espaces you.
>>
>>66627283
>random nobody
Not really
>>
>>66624199
>>66624823
Watch Viridiana and tell me he's a commie after.
>>
>>66627810
that's why he got out of Spain, m80
>>
>>66627332
All the "criticism" directed by the Marxists at the Church is politically motivated. They aren't looking out for anyone's good. They're just cunts.

>>66627404
>contrarian

There's that word again.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.