[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ not like this show? Found it quite endearing and amusing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: 1119.jpg (49 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1119.jpg
49 KB, 460x276
Does /tv/ not like this show? Found it quite endearing and amusing.

Or is it only the vocal minority who shit on it because DESIGNATED etc.
>>
POO
>>
I liked it. Next season comes out in 2017 I think
>>
dude i fuk ur women lmao

trash
>>
Why does every woman he dates on the show white and fair-skinned? What does that imply?
>>
>>66616824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HbS7EfFP1w
>>
>>66616696

It was god awful and not funny at all. And the drama was cringe worthy and lame to.

I dont know if hes becoming less funny, or if Im just growing out of his stuff because I loved his first few stand up specials
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>66616696

It was really, REALLY well-directed and had a good soundtrack. It was so well directed and scored, you kind of overlook how crap an actor Aziz actually is. I liked it, but I suspect Alan Yang is the genius behind the (tiny) throne
>>
File: CcCkqkOUAAErO2z.jpg (48 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
CcCkqkOUAAErO2z.jpg
48 KB, 500x557
>>66616824
Never really cared or noticed. Am I too progressive? He's ab amusing albeit weasel-like Indian dude. Why would I feel threatened by that?
>>
really enjoyed it too, OP
>>
>>66616896
Not sure whether I'd call it shit acting. I think the show has a specific approach to the dialogue, sort of like Gilmore Girls. Sitcom like, but without the laugh track.
>>
>>66616696

Nigga should've just ran with the Randy persona.
>>
>>66616974

'Specific approach' meaning written badly and unbelievable.
>>
>>66616974

But when you compare the very natural approach of some of the cast with Aziz... he really doesn't come off very well. He's all turned up to 11 all the time. Actually that's unfair, not all the time, but he's not credible most of the time.
>>
>>66617074
That's the thing though, I see everyone on the show approaching the script in a similar way. Maybe it's just me.
>>
>>66616824
That he's into white chicks
That having him date an Indian makes it an Indian show and thus unappealing to nteflix's target demographic
That the global Zionist conspiracy is the reason no white girls want you
>>
>>66617363
i don't get it
what's the "global Zionist conspiracy"?
>>
I don't feel anything watching it so far. I can sort of get into some of it like that Asian parent's episode since I'm Asian but yeah. Not sure if I want to keep watching.
>>
>>66617363
Aziz pls
>>
>>66617363
They certainly don't want your shitskin ass, Aziz, that's why in reality your kind molests underage girls.
>>
>>66616696
I don't watch POOS flopping into LOOS
>>
Honestly though, this thread reads to me as the biggest problem most of you have with this show is that he dates white chicks. Which says to me more about those who dislike it than the show.

Unless you've got a legitimate problem with the script or whatever, then you're clear.
>>
>>66617363
>That having him date an Indian makes it an Indian show and thus unappealing
But him being a designated street shitter is already unappealing enough for everyone who is not a POO IN LOO Panjeet to not watch the shitshow.
>>
the show wasn't bad as far as low priority netflix fuel goes. the only part that made me laugh hard was the bit about octopus's forming opinions
>>
>>66617690
You're critisicm is seriously that you don't like his ethnicity?
That's some /v/ tier pleb shit senpai
>>
this was the worst shit I've ever seen

terribly unfunny reddit """"""""humor""""""""""
>>
>>66617638
this is the best way to read reviews. if there are a bunch of 1 star reviews that all say sht about the jews brainwashing you, then it's probably ok
>>
is was alright, i liked the episode where they flashbacked to their first generation fathers lives back in Asia and how westernized 2nd generations are.
other then that its not funny enough for me to keep up with it.
>>
>>66616696

My opinion of the show after finishing it is still pretty unimpressed but if you haven't reached the episode with him in the old folk's home I suggest you stick it out until then. It's not an amazing episode but it did make me feel something

Speaking of asians his asian friend in-show is a horrible actor lol
>>
>>66617863
>You're critisicm
>You are criticism
Get out, currynigger.
>>
At first I couldn't see it as more than a Louis clone, but I ended up enjoying it very much, although Ansari is the weakest element. He does manage to just pass the bar though.
>>
Watching Aziz Ansari score chicks like Claire Danes was more unrealistic than watching Tony Soprano score chicks like Gloria Trillo.
>>
>>66616696
I watched the first episode. got through the plan b part, then gave up during him sitting at some table with his friends. it was all painfully unfunny. was I wrong to quit this early?
>>
>>66616696
Indian here. I haven't watched this show but Aziz is not very funny in general so deflecting any dislike of him or a show he's lead in as being racist is very dumb. Racists don't like him but that doesn't mean anyone who dislikes him is racist. He's just not funny and has very little charisma or talent.
>>
>>66618296
Yeah I wasn't sold after episode one. It takes some getting used to.
>>
>>66617363
>>66616824

>Aziz says more poc women need to be in comedy
>only has white love interests on his show
>>
>>66616696
>Everyone hating India
>Peaceful people
>No stupid wars
>Indian immigrants are either socially awkward or normal, either way they're smart and successful
I mean, looking at Indian documentarys is disgusting, but that's it
>>
My main complaint was that almost every scene took place in a restaurant or bar. At times it felt like a Food Network show, all they ever did was go out and eat or grab drinks.
>>
>>66618441
>Indian immigrants are either socailly awkward or normal

Indian people are some of the biggest assholes when it comes to shopping. They demand shit and are generally rude when they don't get what they want. They're damn near nigger-tier in relation to buying stuff.
>>
>>66618497
Did it upset you because you're too poor to go out?
>>
>>66618511
Have you ever worked in a mall or something?
Most people are assholes when it comes to shopping, retard
>>
>>66618565
>Most people are assholes

No they aren't. You get a ton of idiots but less assholes. You seem to have taken offense to what I said so I'm guessing you're Indian and you're tired of people not liking you?
>>
>>66618560
No, his character is a struggling actor living in New York, it just didn't make sense that he would dine out at nice restaurants for every meal. He went to restaurants so frequently that he considered learning how to make spaghetti a huge accomplishment.
>>
>>66618029
Yeah but his dad was annoying as fuck
>>
File: image.png (802 KB, 768x861) Image search: [Google]
image.png
802 KB, 768x861
>>66616696
>>66616824
>>66617363
>>
>>66618511
>he still works in retail
>>
>>66618649
No I haven't, and no I'm not. Even though I live in The Netherlands, I do not think the Indian people here have much of a difference of those who are in the US/wherever you're from. But it still makes no difference to me saying that where I work, everyone is an asshole. I also work at a place where usually older people come more often (around the 40 years) and where I'm safe to say that a majority of those are assholes. Of all races yes, while younger people (around 20-30) are way nicer (and yes, all races too).
>>
I thought it was ok. I like the many interpretation of how relationship and the aspects of different cultures can affect it, in both TV an films but I have to be in the mood.
>>
I really tried to like it, but in the end I thought it was just so not funny or really entertaining
>>
not funny or entertaining really
aziz said in interviews that the characters were developed which they weren't at all
durrrrrr lol im so awkward emirate guise oh that conversation didn't go to plan
>>
>>66618810
dude political control and demoralization through sexual humiliation lmao
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.