[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BBC iPlayer 'loophole' to be closed soon, says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: ReggieYates.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
ReggieYates.png
1 MB, 1360x768
>BBC iPlayer 'loophole' to be closed soon, says culture secretary
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35708623
>The culture secretary has vowed to end the iPlayer "loophole" soon, so those watching catch-up TV do not get "a free ride".
>John Whittingdale said the licence fee would be extended so it no longer just applied to live television viewers.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66611813
BBC is too pwerful
>>
Cannot make it law that any device capable of showing iPlayer needs a license.

This would include every computing device in the country that is capable of receiving an Internet signal.

All they will do is block iPlayer unless you register.
>>
lmao who the fuck cares, I live in America
>>
why is BBC even a thing, 99% of their programming is fucking shit
>>
File: 1397565913940.gif (45 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1397565913940.gif
45 KB, 389x259
So how are they going to police this? We had a tv licence guy over here a month ago. He has no warrant to enter the house but we don't watch tv anyway so we let him in to look at the tv to prove it. Cable wasn't plugged in, he was apologetic and left.

I watch iPlayer on my laptop in my bed. How is a man with no power meant to catch me? lmao.

Maybe if BBC created more than 2 decent shows, people would pay. All I watch is QT/TW and any Attenborough docs (like once every 2 years there's one of these). They don't even have Clarkson any more. They can fuck themselves if they think I'll pay for East-interracial-enders or whatever else forced multi-cultural shitcom or scripted "comedy" panel show they're peddling nowadays.
>>
I thought the Tories were gonna tell the BBC to get fucked over the licence funded model? Now they're extending its revenue-base?
>>
File: 1428226537819.jpg (11 KB, 282x312) Image search: [Google]
1428226537819.jpg
11 KB, 282x312
>>66611813
UK pls
>>
>>66612141
>believing politicians
lol
>>
>>66612141
Cameron needs them for the time being.

He knows the BBC can be relied upon to put out a pro-EU slant ahead of the referendum, because the BBC get a a couple of hundred million Euros from the EU every year.
>>
File: 1412131739940.jpg (26 KB, 275x270) Image search: [Google]
1412131739940.jpg
26 KB, 275x270
TAKE THE BBC
>>
>>66612013
>tv licence guys are able to obtain warrants in the UK

someone just nuke that shitty swamp island already
>>
File: 4c6.jpg (20 KB, 429x645) Image search: [Google]
4c6.jpg
20 KB, 429x645
>>66612013
this nigga gets it.
>>
>>66611813
>implying this matters at all
Their power is simply an illusion.
I watch TV without a license and nothing will happen because I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone/something, and I ignore their bullshit letters.
>>
>>66612325
nice illiteracy fag.
>>
where's that picture from?
>>
>>66612346
Reported.
>>
>>66611813
Most BBC television is just about pakis in London or shit reality TV anyway, this is no problem.
>>
>>66612432
Yeah man all about the Pakis, nothing about whitey. Although Paki shops are pretty useful.
>>
>>66611851
Just stop nigger
>>
I've been told they'll see me in court for two years now.

I just wish they'd do it at this point.
>>
K

I'll just pirate, better quality anyway
>>
>>66612432
This desu

Used to do good documentaries not any more though.

I see more black people on TV in 10 minutes of TV than I do in a month.

I also see more interracial couples on TV than I have seen in my entire life.
>>
>>66612489
empty threats pham there's more of a chance of the queen pissing on your living room floor
>>
>>66611813
>can't watch bbc3 on tv
>can't watch bbc3 online
truly this is the age of enlightenment

they should start making people pay for individual shows and make your tv turn off automatically if you haven't paid so i would never have to see or hear russel howard ever again
>>
>>66613922
>so i would never have to see or hear russel howard ever again
Fucking this so much.
Mouthbreather comedy through and through.
Can't stand the prick.
>>
>>66613922
bbc3 was good background noise.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 596x628
>"guys we're just as free as America! If not more!"
>have to get a fucking license to watch tv
>it's illegal to even question the holocaust in most of europe
>>
File: 1451655529799.jpg (74 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1451655529799.jpg
74 KB, 620x387
>>66611813
>mfw learning a TV license wasn't just a bantz meme
Blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>66614647
>the UK now has legions of giants
is there anything they cvnnot do
>>
>>66614529
>tfw so bored now i have started tidying up my house instead of watching dont tell the bride repeats
as long as i can watch uncle online i'm happy.
>>
>>66614647
It's honestly not that bad. It's just common sense to make sure that people know how to properly operate a television before they're allowed to use one. The test is pretty easy. You're just tested on your ability to channel surf (not too fast, not too slow), keeping the television at a reasonable volume, as well as a short cultural sensitivity test. Most people pass it on their first try.
>>
>>66615051
plus proper TV health and safety can fix issues like insomnia, depression and vision degradation.
>>
>>66615051
Cheeky lad, this one is.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm glad my good goy pass isn't b& anymore. I can really shitpost at the speed of light now.
>>
>Told my gf that the BBC has no power to search your house and they export all of their TV licensing shenanigans to Capita and give them £5 commission if they can intimidate old ladies into submitting to the child molestation ring known as the BBC
>stop paying it 6 years ago
>one guy came around about 3 years ago, told him to fuck off and his implied right of access was invoked, if he came back again he'd be trespassing and I'd defend my family (which is also illegal in the UK)
>never heard anything from them since

Pretty sure the tories were thinking abuot scrapping the TV license to begin with anyway, it's archaic and retarded. BBC news is the only thing that is even remotely worth watching and every time I catch a glimpse of that it's some woman or token minority talking about sports 80% of the time.
>>
>>66615250
>(which is also illegal in the UK)

>lying on 4chan
>>
>>66615051
It's actually pretty convenient these days as well. Your imam can administer the test at your local mosque now, so it's at most a three minute walk if you live anywhere in London.
>>
>>66615289
Don't you remember that celebrity woman a few years ago (probably some ITV presenter or some shit) who was cautioned by the police because she was in the kitchen while some chavs tried to break into her house, and she grabbed a knife (as she was in the middle of cooking dinner)?

She was cautioned for terroristic threats or something because the criminals saw her holding a knife and were intimidated.

Not even making it up, I might be misremembering slight details.
>>
>>66615289

You have to use reasonable force on people who trespass on your property. Reasonable force means one punch + detaining them.
>>
>>66615345
reasonable force is dependent on the situation

obviously you'll have stupid rulings occasionally like: >>66615344 but by and large you are allowed to defend your own person and especially your family
>>
File: wew.png (27 KB, 486x328) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
27 KB, 486x328
>>66615445
>>66615344
>>66615289
I found it.
>>
>>66611957
peaky blinders m8
>>
>>66615557
yeah this shit happens every few years and the media make a shitstorm of it when it's really just stupid fucking officers
>>
>>66615593
That's the 1%
>>
Don't most people just torrent what they want to watch these days?

>>66615557
>tabloid online article

Chances are they made up the story.
>>
>>66611913
They can't even make it law that any TV capable of showing the BBC needs a license.

Well they can, they just don't have the rights to come into your house and check.
>>
>>66615250
I got a small reminder in the post about two years ago saying I hadn't paid my license

I just told them I don't watch TV because it's shit and they never bothered me again
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.