[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>budget $8 million >total gross $3 million >lost to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
>budget $8 million
>total gross $3 million
>lost to Inside Out at the Oscars

This is how Hollywood and movie audiences treat fresh new ideas with poignant themes of actual substance.
>>
>>66589261
>This is how Hollywood and movie audiences treat fresh new ideas with poignant themes of actual substance.

>of actual substance

the ending was kind of a miss. the main character didn't grow at all in the end. it left audiences feeling cheated.
>>
>>66589261
>this movie is good but people just don't get it
wow it sure is easy to make good movies nowadays, just make something noone will watch and say that people don't get it.
>>
>>66589879
not saying it wasn't good or revolutionary just that the ending could have been better. i dont know if it should have won the oscar but inside out definitely should not have

the animated feature oscar is always a joke category anyways. the voters rarely watch the films and sometimes just vote for whatever their children like
>>
>>66589261
>new ideas
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>66589261
im sure kaufman doesnt care about money or oscars, op, and nore should you.
>>
>>66589261

Is it good? It looks good, but I find Kaufman movies are difficult and incredibly tiring to watch.
>>
File: 2-world-of-tomorrow.png (110 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
2-world-of-tomorrow.png
110 KB, 618x412
>Anomalisa
DUDE
RATED R
LAMO
>>
>>66589261
If i want to watch puppets have sex i'll watch Team America. Now that deserved an oscar.
>>
>>66589261
>>lost to Inside Out at the Oscars

Not as much of a travesty as Kaguya Hime losing to Big Hero 6 to be quite honest pham.
>>
im at a loss why anyone who claims to like cinema would ever care about oscar success.
>>
>Kaufman is good
Freshman or sophomore?
>>
>>66590238
because good films deserve recognition but youre right getting an oscar is kind of worthless when all they do is just play to favourites
>>
>>66590111
Was world of tomorrow even nominated?
>>
>>66590429
Yes
>>
I would have paid to see Anomalisa in theaters... if it played in any theaters.

Every movie I wanted to see in 2015 never got a wide release.
>>
>>66590429
Yes, but only for best short
>>
>>66590429
For animated short. Lost to Bear Story which was bullshit
>>
>>66590429
It was up for best animated short and lost to Bear Story
>>
>>66590111
>DUDE
>RATED R
>LAMO

Is that supposed to mean something? What's wrong with R rated films now?
>>
>>66590490
Good. Our deserved a nomination at the very least
>>
people who actually like films dont care if a movie has a meaningless award or not

this is why /tv/ will never have good discussions about film
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>66589879
>the main character didn't grow at all in the end
AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WASTING MY TWO PRECIOUS HOURS WITH YOUR MOVIE?
I DON'T HAVE ANY USE FOR IT!
I DON'T HAVE ANY BLOODY USE FOR IT!
>>
no great film has ever won best picture
no great director has ever won a best director oscar.

and for any arthouse/foreign film to achieve any recognition (like a kurosawa/tarkovsky/bergman film) it has to be a lot better than anomalisa.
>>
>>66590490
iirc anything shorter than 40 minutes is considered a short. there's no only to it. bear story was garbage. i really liked the stop motion animated film which was also nominated but i still havent seen it online if anyone has a link to it please provide
>>
I believe it hasn't had a release in the UK and some other countries yet.
>>
>>66591081
my mistake it was only being considered as an oscar nominee it's cordell barker's if i was god i was lucky enough to get a private screening but i want to watch it again
>>
>>66589261
This wasn't really that "fresh"
"Middle aged business man escapes his ennui by cheating on his wife?" It's been done a thousand times.
Inside Out was way more original tbfh
>>
>>66590821
it's hilarious because he chose the actor who played him and he's not even remotely British

Read Story anyway
>>
File: triggered.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>66589261
>Anomalisa changed my life
Wow dont forget to cradle the balls while you blow Kaufman.

I liked the movie too but Jeeeeesus Christ
>>
>>66589261

Maybe it should have been in theaters for more than a week?
>>
>>66590494
>>66590497
Fucking Oscars. The more I hear the more I want to firebomb the gala.

I would not be sad at all if ISIS stormed the Oscars.
>>
>>66589261
>fresh new ideas with poignant themes of actual substance
Now
Anomalisa is stale trash
The only worthwhile thing about it is the animation
>>
>>66591456
Inside Out isn't an original concept but it was much more genuine than Anomalisa
>>
>>66592157
>much more genuine
First of all that doesn't mean dick. Secondly, you're full of shit. You honestly thing the assload of animators on Pixar films is more "genuine" than Kaufman and co. busting ass to make a good-looking stop-motion film? The traditional way??
>>
>yfw an animated stop motion film had the most realistic sex scene ever filmed
>>
>>66589261
honestly I would have gone to see it if every single piece of promotional material didn't tell me how unartistic and lame I am for not fapping to it
>>
>>66589261
It's not art that's made purely to cash in.
Give it time, and I guarantee you this will be remembered a lot more than spotlight will
>>
>>66591066
>no great film has ever won best picture
>>
>>66589261
why did kauffman approved this awful poster
it looks like that cover of arkham city goty edition
>>
Best Animated Feature just means "whatever film my grandkids liked" to most of the voters.
>>
>>66590238
Because it determines what gets made.
>>
How can anyone think Anomalisa would win an award were Big Hero 6 wins over Song of the Sea and Tale of Princess Kaguya?
>>
>>66590077
The underrated whole truth
>>
>>66593977

Because the people in the Academy who think animation is "just for kids" probably have more respect for an established live-action director than anime. Except obviously that didn't count for anything.
>>
File: 1397615066432.jpg (84 KB, 515x508) Image search: [Google]
1397615066432.jpg
84 KB, 515x508
>>66589261
>Obvious Oscar bait gets sideswiped
>You're all mad about it

You're the problem.
>>
>>66590111
How the fuck did this lose to Bear Story? I try to say I don't give a shit about the Oscars, but it really is annoying when recognition isn't given where needed in the little categories like animated short.
>>
I like Charlie Kaufman but Inside Out was a superior movie.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.