[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is the consensus /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: Shutterislandposter.jpg (52 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Shutterislandposter.jpg
52 KB, 270x400
So what is the consensus /tv/?
>>
I was gonna watch it but didn't. My brother liked.
>>
More like Shitter Island.
>>
ripped nolan¨s memento
>>
>>66584612
Was he really nuts or not?
Movie had one of those bullshit unclear endings
>>
great film

if you havnt seen it leave this thread now
>>
Its a good solid film but a bit too predictable in my opinion, but then again there is that very last twist.

That guy who picks him up after the storm was creepy
>>
>>66585618
They ending was clear as day, as was the novel on which the movie is based.
>>
Imagine just going into that lighthouse and taking that old doctors wrinkly cock in your ass or taking the whole lighthouse in your ass or that lobotomy needle IN YOUR ASS just imagine it
>>
Watched it last night. 7.5/10

I liked it, but I feel I'll forget it in a few months. It was very good, chilling even, but I could see the he's a patient the whole time thing a mile away, especially when they "put him in patient's robes because his clothes were wet." Gee that's convenient
>>
>>66584612

really liked it
>>
>>66585618
He really was crazy
>>
It was just ok. If I was younger when I saw it I probably would have loved it more. Memento/Donnie Darko level teencore.
>>
>>66584612
Call me a pleb, but this is one of Scorcese's best.
>>
lots of people i know really love it for its """"amazing twist"""". i honestly think it's a very average movie
>>
Pull yourself together Teddy

Great use of that honking score in it as well really set up the dread
>>
Every time this thread is brought up everyone has to point out how le smart they are for getting the twist in the first 30 seconds. It's a meme at this point.
>>
>>66586134
Soundtrack is GOAT
>>
Just for curiosity, what was the "twist" for you?

That Teddy was a patient and he was crazy?

Or that at the end he was truly cured and faked his disease to be lobotomized on purpose?
>>
>>66586134
BWAAHHHH

BWAHHHHHHHH

> 3spoopy
>>
>>66586397
Seriously, if you believe he wasn't crazy please kill yourself
>>
>>66585666
make me ;)
>>
>>66586639
why? explain
>>
>>66586397
first time that he was a patient.
the second time i got the impression he was cured.
the second viewing was much better.
>>
I thought it was a pretty good movie tbqh pham.
>>
felt like i was 1 step ahead of it. acting was shit but its dicaprio so no surprise there. everything else was good
>>
>>66586639
He knew he was crazy and would just relapse so he did it to get his brain cut out.

And in American Psycho he imagined all the murders. Not memeing.
>>
>>66586716
>Teddy meets chuck until they were on the boat
>Chuck takes too long to remove his weapon (being an agent)
Just watch the movie again and you will see several clues
>>
>>66584612
this fucking board spoiled the ending for me when it first came out.

I was pissed, but it really didn't affect my pleasure in the film. It was really good.
>>
>>66586835
>le Leo is a bad actor meme
>>
>>66587045
hmm i saw it just once in the theater when it was out, i'll have to watch it later tonight
>>
>>66586949
Yes, I mean, at the end he was conscious that he killed his wife
>>
>>66586397
If you have to ask this you didn't get the point of the whole movie.
>>
>>66584612
This is actually a pretty good movie, but a lot of people are faggots about it and say it isn't.
>>
>>66585618
>>66585961
This. He was crazy as fuck. Very clear ending.
>>
>>66586949
>>66587112
You must be talking about the book.
There were no clues in the movie that suggested this explanation.
>>>/lit/
>>
>>66587133
why
>>
>>66587371
>Which would be worse – to live as a monster, or to die as a good man?
The whole movie revolves around him repressing his wife's murder. Now that he is able to remember the truth he realizes that trying to cope with it for the rest of his life would be a torture worse than death, so he chooses to forget again.

Scorsese practically spells it out for the audience, not that hard.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.