[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is obvious that it wasn't meant to be anything deep.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Deadpool-Movie-Poster.jpg (84 KB, 800x1190) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool-Movie-Poster.jpg
84 KB, 800x1190
It is obvious that it wasn't meant to be anything deep. I don't know why /tv/ thinks normies claim it to be a masterpiece of a film.
>>
>>66584037
popular things make /tv/ angry
>>
Is this the first movie in hollywood history without blacks ?
>>
>>66584037
It has done $600000000. It has proved studios that R-rated capeshit is viable. It means another 20 years of capes on screen. I understand why some people may be pissed.
>>
>>66584256
>It has proved studios that R-rated capeshit is viable.
I don't see the issue here, no one is forcing anybody to watch capeshit even if we get more in the future.
>>
>>66584037
it's cause it starts off strong. really gives off the feeling of fuck you to the audience that enjoys good guy capeshit. Then after it focuses way to fucking long on his backstory it basically turns INTO capeshit.
>>
>>66584256
>I understand why some people may be pissed.
The idiots who think capeshit is preventing good movies from being made.
>>
>>66584211
Blind Al was black.
>>
>>66584361
And now the studios will want to turn every capeshit movie into R Rated even the ones that doesn't deserve to be R.
>>
>>66585862
Ok, well that could be a problem.
>>
>>66584037
>go see this in cinema
>8/11 previews are capeshits

welp time to start watching my way through the decades for the next few years
>>
File: wait wut.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
wait wut.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>66584211
>mfw I just realized it
>>
File: deadpool-colossus-header.jpg (43 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-colossus-header.jpg
43 KB, 640x378
>>66584361
>>66585471
>>66585553
>>66585862
>>66586188
>capeshit
Language.
>>
>>66585862
>Implying that's a bad thing
We need more R rated flicks, I'm tired of shit like PG-13 Robocop.
>>
Ryan Reynolds seemed born to play the main role, it is almost scary.
>>
The problem isn't the movie itself, or that more R-rated superhero movies are going to be made. It's that now every superhero movie is going to be edge-lord fedora faggot bullshit because now that's what they think sells. Not saying capeshit was any good but the next batch are going to be horrendous.
>>
>>66586226
CAPESHIT
A
P
E
S
H
I
T
>>
>>66584037

so according to a friend of mine, deadpools only super power is his healing...so why is he doing crazy flips and shit through the air to shoot people? And how did he get good at sword play? Just because he was in some elite OPs as wade wilson doesn't mean he would know gun-kata.
>>
File: Deadpool 002-001.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool 002-001.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>66586527
From what I remember this isn't explained in the comics either.
>>
>>66586527
That's because being good at shooting guns and waving swords is not a super power.
>>
>>66586499
I don't think that will be the case, this movie is centered around Deadpool so it has that "edge-lord fedora faggot bullshit" but for more serious characters they'll probably make the movie R rated for a different reason.
>>
>>66587090
The only reason this movie was made at all was because Ryan Reynolds loved Deadpool so much and wanted to atone for his portrayal in xmen origins. That's why he produced the movie himself.

The movies to follow this won't be labored of love, they'll be cash-ins, just like 90% of superhero movies are. The people who finance these won't say "oh yeah, that movie worked because Deadpool from the comics is fedora edge-lord and it works." They'll say "this movie was fedora edge-lord. This movie made a lot of money. Clearly people want to see fedora edge-lord".

Mark my words, superhero movies are not made to be good movies, they're made to make money. That's why so many of them look and feel exactly the same as the ones that came before it.

When it comes down to what movies actually get made, studios are going to look at what would be the biggest return on investment. If they think edge is in, edge will be mass produced until we're sick of it, just like every other "in" phase we've had. If you don't believe me, look at all the zombie movies of the 00's and all the young adult book adaptations that are getting shit out now. They're not good movies, they're formulaic and often cringey as hell. But they put asses in seats.
>>
>>66587409
I don't want it to be true, but what you said makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>66587409
this
>>
>>66587573
>I don't want it to be true
Why not?
>>
>>66587807
I'm not >>66587573, but I agree. I don't want it to be true because it's depressing to think that such a large part of movies will be depressingly similar and cliche. I'm not saying I blame the studios for doing what works because I don't, but I like to think that if more studios were willing to take risks and give some more unique films bigger budgets, we'd have more grand epic-scale movies that actually accomplish something new with the medium instead of rehashing the same old shit.
>>
>>66586527

Don't let it hurt your mind, DP is so good at martial and mundane skills that he unironically beats Taskmaster.
>>
Any non cam torrents up?
>>
>>66588006
It hasn't been out long enough for that, just buy a ticket.
>>
>>66586226
Oh c'mon gramps!
It's the new hip word!
>>
>>66588690

This I've already seen it a few times, just go see it alone in a theater by yourself while you think about how horrible of a life deadpool has as he goes from hot guy to overcooked sausage and then exit the theater alone and reflect in solitary journey to your next scheduled engagement.
>>
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF XDD
>>
JUST SHUT YOUR ASS OFF XP
>>
>>66589415
>>66589347
JUST TURN YOUR ____ OFF
>>
>>66589211
Thanks famalam. Will do.
>>
>>66589211
The whole healing ability is still a nice plus.
>>
>>66584211
No. I don't know why people keep saying this.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.