[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying X-Men 2 still isn't the best Capeshit movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1000x1500
>implying X-Men 2 still isn't the best Capeshit movie outside of Spider-Man 2

The jump in quality alone from X1 to X2 is great. X1 has aged like milk in comparison.
>>
>>66580591
This is a common opinion, OP
>>
>>66580591
i always wanted that Spiderman was Andrew Garfield's version inside Sam Raimi's world. Tobey Maguire is an emo manlet
>>
>>66580700
>not wanting Leo in based James Cameron's Spiderman
>>
>>66580591
It's the only "good" X-men flick but doesnt compare to....

GOTG, Ant-Man, Man of Steel, Super, Watchmen, Avengers movies, Iron Man movies, and more
>>
>>66580591
WHAT JUMP? Does Rogue fly in and have super strength?
Does Mystique don her outfit?
Does storm control the weather?
Is Yuriko in it?

TELL ME FAGET
>>
>>66580808
You got some pretty bad taste buddy
>>
>>66580753
nah, i still prefer Raimi's (background) vision
and yeah, back then Leo was skinny enough to fit the suit, why not
>>
>>66580591
Fuck you, X1 is still great, lightning line and all.
>>
YURIKO DID NOTHING WRONG

fucking huge actman
>>
>>66581911
It's good but it feels really "quaint" by today's standards. There's barely any action in it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
I rewatched X2 recently for the first time in years and it was even better than what I remembered.

Does everything a superhero movie sequel should. It's just a shame that we'll never see what Singer would've done with X3.
>>
>Halley Berry wins Oscar between X1 and X2
>lobbies for more screen time
>still a side character

flash forward 10 years more or less

>JLaw wins oscar between First Class and DOFP
>is automatically made into the character upon which the whole plot of DOFP revolves, just as much screen time as Hugh Jackman
>>
>>66580591

n-no
>>
>>66580591
The issue with X-Men films is that they feel like the finale of a TV show season, not like an actual movie. It's always very downkey.
>>
DUDE STRYKER LMAO
>>
never forget the awesomeness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A

one of the best summer movies of 2003
>>
>>66580591
People say Mad Max: Fury Road was a 2 hour chase scene.
X-Men 2 feels like a 2 hour rescue mission.
>>
>>66582350
Actors had less power back then. There days you need to keep hold of them for the 50 sequels
>>
>>66580591
cmon OP, everybody knows the mask is the best capeshit of all time
>>
>dat extremely slow bit in the middle where they visit bobby's family house just so the director and mckellen can push their gay agenda
>>
File: blink2.jpg (184 KB, 1339x554) Image search: [Google]
blink2.jpg
184 KB, 1339x554
DOFP is objectively the best superhero film to date.
Actually caring about plot,characters,pacing in a movie where majority of the audience doesn't give two fucks, is really honorable.
>>
What are the top 5 Capeshits?

For me it's, in no particular order:

1: Spider-Man
2: Spider-Man 2
3: X2: X-Men United
4: The Dark Knight
5: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
>>
>>66584494
>4: The Dark Knight
>5: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
Terrible choices.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>66584494
didn't like Spiderman-2. replace it for Watchmen
>>
>>66584482
If they cared about the plot, Mystique's DNA wouldn't have been what gave the Sentinels their ability to copy mutant powers.

Because that doesn't make a lick of sense.
>>
>>66584564
TDR over Begins because I'm tired of origin stories

Cap 2 is just great and the obvious front runner in the MCU.
>>
>>66580591
First of, Spider-man 1 > 2.
>>
>>66584602
Both films are shit though.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 256x192
>>66584591
what about Trask being replaced by a white midget?
>>
>>66584482
Who's this semen demon?
>>
>>66584591
I still wished they did comic-accurate giant sentinels.
They would have been cooler than the slick black versions
>>
>>66582051
We know the story.

>One year after "X2"

>Jean returns as the Phoenix and decides to end the conflict between humans and mutants in her own terms, rescuing mutants across the world.

>Magneto finds out Jean has returned and recruits Emma Frost, an old lover of Professor Xavier who can control people's emotions, to brainwash Jean into joining their cause. The Brotherhood also includes Mystique, Pyro, Juggernaut and Gambit.

>Cyclops and Wolverine have to put their differences aside to protect Jean from the Brotherhood and stop her before the government retaliates against mutants. The X-Men also include Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Iceman.

>Gambit falls for Rogue, betrays the Brotherhood, joins the X-Men.

>The X-Men, the Brotherhood, the Phoenix and the military have a massive four-way battle that ends with Jean sacrificing herself to save everyone and becoming a cosmic being, who is the next stage of evolution after the mutants. She then leaves Earth to explore the mysteries of the Universe, but reassures the X-Men she'll be keeping an eye on them.
>>
>>66586163
not bad desu
>>
>>66580591

X2 IS THE GODFATHER OF CAPESHIT

THE GODFATHER OF CAPESHIT
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.