[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was the point of this scene? and also did you like this film ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: fdsfadfafd.png (564 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
fdsfadfafd.png
564 KB, 1280x536
what was the point of this scene?
and also did you like this film ?
>>
>>66580045
It didn't really have a point, but it was still fucking great.

>Ywn tear up the fucking dancefloor with your robofu
>>
why is Oscar Isaac so based?
>>
come on
>>
>>66580045
I dunno, movie has no emotional depth
>>
>>66580045
>what was the point of this scene?

To make me wish I could dance
>>
Genuinely puts a smile on my face

what a scene https://youtu.be/nvYPCNCGEK8
>>
to make you smile
>>
>>66580717
>the robot becomes human
>the human becomes robot

pottery
>>
Good film, but the dancing scene was dumb.
>>
just highlights how hes changed living in isolation, programming robots to dance with him. it was out of the blue, hes a good dancer so who gives a fuck what the point was
>>
I'm assuming because of the tension relief it gives for such a mind-boggling film.
>>
can't wait until my boy Issac wins his first oscar
>>
>>66581944
Shut the fuck up you peice of sub-human shit not even dubs can save your post that you probably wrote while having a stroke. God i want to commit war crimes just so i can be put to death by a firing squad because of your post
>>
>>66580045
felt like a pilot for a tv series
>>
Maybe not for everyone, but this scene hits me right in the feels. I'd say it triggers me but I don't want to meme it up.

When I was 13 I finally found that life-defining crush. A beautiful girl who really liked me as a friend, and I'd like to think was waiting for me to make my move. We were in a party talking and she was enjoying herself with me. I was ready to ask her on a date.

My older brother appraoched us, asked if we were having fun. Then, he asked my crush if she wanted to dance. She didn't think it twice, took his extended hand and they went towards the dancefloor and danced for a couple of songs.

I had never seen her so happy. I thought the smile she used with me was a happy one, but the one she had when she was dancing was something else. My brother kept looking at me from time to time, sulking in my seat. She then came back to me and we talked the night away. I never asked her out.

My brother told me he needed to show me how easy would it be for someone else to steal her from me. That being a nice guy isn't enough. That I had to become a man and make her smile like he did. He wasn't even interested in her, and he never dated her out of respect for me. But he wanted to teach me a lesson. I was too shy to dance or do anything like it.

My brother plan backfired and I accepted the fact that I will never make a woman trully happy, so I stopped trying and caring about it.

Thanks for reading my blog, it's how I felt about that scene. Look at his eyes as he watches them dance. That was me.
>>
>>66580045
It's to reveal that the Asian chick is a robot you imbeciles.
>>
>>66582264

Are you okay, anon?
>>
>>66582334
Who the fuck thought she wasn't a robot the instant she entered the scene? Why on earth would he hire anybody for his top secret facility when he can create his own robots, and not have to pay them either?
>>
>>66582264
That's a real shame bro. Feel for you. Had a similar experience when I was around that age. Choose to go the other way thought. Girls aren't as hard to pull as you think. Just make them happy and be fun and you can look like a toaster for all they care.
>>
>>66582334
stop thinking only plot-wise you moron
>>
>>66582440
didnt you watch the film you retard. he said she cant speak or understand a word of english, a foreign slave he probably ordered online that will have complete loyalty

i would want atleast some human interaction if im just working around robots all day. you would go crazy
>>
>>66582066
This desu
>>
File: wojak feel cant deal with.jpg (50 KB, 461x583) Image search: [Google]
wojak feel cant deal with.jpg
50 KB, 461x583
>>66582264
I came here to shitpost, not to feel anon. I don't want to feel those feels anymore.
>>
File: 1455909499663.jpg (24 KB, 404x350) Image search: [Google]
1455909499663.jpg
24 KB, 404x350
>>66582264
kill me now
>>
Only good scene in babbys first robot flick
>>
>>66580045
>You tore up her picture
>I'm going to tear up the fucking dance floor dude, check it out

Best line delivery of 2015.
>>
>>66585488
he was supposed to be tipsy senpai
still, line delivery made the scene more unintentionally hilarious than it already was
still pretty nice movie
>>
It was one of the most important scenes of the film, which is only understood fully on a second viewing.

Kyoko dances against her will, unable to show emotion or communicate she stares at Nathan when he joins her. Is she trying to signal anger or fear? She is trapped in her own body.

It shows you the extent to which Nathan has no regard for the lives he creates and in a sense how humans are similarly bound by their own sexuality.
>>
>>66580045
It was to distract the ginger
>>
Why did Kyoko kill him?
Did she ever come to and help Caleb?
How long would it be for the largest tech company on earth to not hear from its CEO before they sent someone to check?
>>
File: 1389407716159.jpg (100 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
1389407716159.jpg
100 KB, 400x352
>>66580045
>>66580916
Seriously when was the last time a movie made you genuinely laugh?
>>
>>66582264
retard
>>
>>66586001
oo
>>
>>66580045

Oscar the GOAT
>>
File: FantomG7.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
FantomG7.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>>66582264
I can't stop laughing. Screencapped for future use, thanks anon.
>>
>>66580045
the point of that scene is to show us how removed from humanity Nathan has become.

He's torturing and experimenting on these people/robots and then has a little party to himself.

awesome scene, awesome movie 10/10
>>
>>66582762
she was obviously a robot
i don't like how in some internet reviews people say "she got her revenge on her maker". her AI was downgraded from the others so she would be a little empathic and nothing more. she was reprogrammed by Ava, that's why she did what she did
>>
>>66586001
Kyoko was never sentient, shes just a sex-robot. No feelings.
>>
>>66586582
then why does she kill nathan
>>
>>66586582
>never sentient
did you even watch the film? not only was she sentient, but sapient

enough to show caleb she isn't human, assist in ava's escape, show interest when nathan is discussing AI consciousness
>>
>>66580045

This scene was pure kino, it really is pleb filter
>>
>>66586713
>>66586700
She got reprogrammed, that brief scene when ava places her hand near her face or something, after that she went haywire
>>
>>66586713
she might have been programmed to collect information, or to 'be curious', but I wouldn't put that in the same category as having feelings or realizing your own misery.

>>66586700
she got tricked/hacked by Ava since Ava is a superior robot
>>
File: 1424909268280.gif (40 KB, 269x317) Image search: [Google]
1424909268280.gif
40 KB, 269x317
>>66582264
jesus, man.

I get what your brother was trying to accomplish, but what a fucking asshole.

what kind of subhuman cockblocks his own kin?
>>
>>66580045
Does the scene not at least hammer in the fact to the complete idiots that Kyoko was a robot? And that Isaac's character was very unpredictable? I mean Kyoko goes from stripping to dancing without and change in emotion, and Isaac sees it happening and just decides "now it's dancing time" for no reason.
>>
>>66586803
>reprogrammed
stupidest fan theory I've heard in regards to this film, well done
>>
>>66582264

Why is everybody being a faggot? Your bro was bro-tier but you were too much of a cuck to learn from his advice
>>
>>66586825
Watch it again and pay attention to Kyoko's scenes. Notice how she reacts to the conversation between Caleb/Nathan on the robot's sexuality - that's when the pin drops for her.
>>
>>66586825
how did ava trick/hack her? i only saw it once and can't remember the scene
>>
>>66587037
I've only watched it once while on the influence of some purp scurp, so I'll might notice more on a re-watch
>>66587075
looked like a whisper in Kyokos ear, but there was definitely some digital information being transmitted/coded
>>
>>66582264
You have disappointed yourself, your brother, and me. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>66582264

>I was ready to ask her on a date.

No you weren't. You were never going to, you just needed an excuse to justify your reasoning for not doing so.
>>
>>66587147
>looked like a whisper in Kyokos ear, but there was definitely some digital information being transmitted/coded
how do you know if information was transmitted?
>>
>>66580717
This. This is what it lacked. Otherwise a very interesting and pretty movie
>>66582264
Thanks for the laugh anon holy fug
>>
CMON CALEB
>>
>>66587334
I assume they have WiFi built in
>>
>>66580045

I seem to recall a webm of this scene. Anybody have it?
>>
>>66587542

Oh nvm I just saw the yt was posted itt.
>>
File: 1448030893561.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1448030893561.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>>66582264

A friend of mine did this to me and I just... Right in the feels man. At the time I was to beta to learn from what he told me.

People are trapped inside of them selfs and sometimes it has to be you the one to open the door. That was why she was truly happy. You can do this tomorrow if you want.
>>
>>66582264
>My brother plan backfired
Nah, it just seems like between the two of you, you got all the lil bitch genes.
>>
>>66586713
she has great empathy scanners, as good as Ava
she analyzed Caleb was a virgin so she offered herself to him. she analyzed Caleb wanted to know the truth so she showed it to him
she never got mad at Nathan because she was void of feelings. as for Jade/Ava, she was programmed with feelings and that's actually why Nathan was scared of her
>>
To help you understand the scientist a bit better. You see how he doesn't understand/care about Caleb almost as much as he doesn't care about the robots, and also that he's motivated by base desires to some extent. Caleb's trying to be all altruistic and righteous, and this guy's just drunkenly dancing with a half naked robo-lady. The scene makes Caleb's lack of power even more apparent because you know the scientist is the smarter and more powerful of them, and that in this moment he's not even trying to lie or control Caleb, he's just straight fucking around.
>>
>>66580045
it was the climax to an evening where caleb is questioning his own sanity and identity as well as Nathan's true intentions. It is purposefully jarring and bizzare so that the audience and Caleb can both be feeling confused as to what is happening.
>>
>>66582264
>cucked by older bro
KEK
>>
Basically, I think it was implying that Nathan wasn't doing this whole thing for AI advancement, but just for his ego. Basically fueling his god complex
>>
>>66588096
>empathy scanners

What movie did you watch?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.