[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alejandro González Iñárritu on race at the Oscars: 'It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
>As one of the handful of Mexican film-makers to find great success in Hollywood, Iñárritu said he was “very lucky to be here tonight”, while acknowledging that “unfortunately, many others haven’t had the same luck”. In closing, he urged society to “liberate ourselves from all prejudice” – and to make sure the “colour of our skin becomes as irrelevant as the length of our hair”.
>Shortly following his win, Iñárritu – who also took the prize for directing Birdman last year – was asked to elaborate on his comments backstage.
>“I think the debate is not only about black and white people,” he said, referring to the #OscarsSoWhite controversy that has galvanised the industry in recent weeks, after no black actors were nominated for a second year in a row.
>“I think diversity really includes … we are yellow and Native Americans and Latin Americans.
>“The complexity of the society of the world is much more than one or the other,” he said. He called the debate surrounding diversity in Hollywood “very polarised” and “very politicised”, criticising the #OscarsSoWhite movement for not “observing the complexity and beauty” of “a multi‑mixed country.”
http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/alejandro-inarritu-oscars-so-brown.html

Isn't this the same nignog who said we should build bridges not walls in response to Trump?
>>
>>66578597
based Iñárritu
>>
he's right. blacks don't see equal race, they just want free shit handed to them like always
>>
File: 1452712981644s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452712981644s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>66579064
I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>66579309
I want Pepe to leave
>>
>>66578597
Meanwhile he refused to clap because bag lady wasn't wearing deep v velvet dress.
What a hypocritical cunt.
>>
>>66578597
Niggers are racist, they are outraged because they don't see their fellow nogs represented, they don't care about anything else. They want their tribe to dominate, simple as that. A nigger president is a victory for their tribe to them, not a victory for "diversity" or whatever delusion white liberal morons have.
>>
>>66579434
His movie lost to that bag lady so I understand him being a little salty.
>>
#NotYourMule
>>
>>66579434
I wouldn't have clapped either. Not only did she not deserve it she looked like shit.
>>
>>66579064
>blacks don't see equal race, they just want free shit handed to them like always

How are they any different than the whites on 4chan that illegally download music and movies?

You are just as afro-american as they are.
>>
Whites are so cucked they need a fucking Hispanic to save them.

Only based Viggo spoke out. The rest of the cucks remained silent.
>>
>>66579309
He's right though. Blacks just want to be given things. They don't care about Asians or Hispanics or any other non-whites unless it helps blacks to do so.

Instead of a kneejerk reddit response, do you have any evidence that blacks care about anything other than receiving handouts?

Because the Oscar "controversy" is about lack of black nominees, regardless of the other non-white people who were nominated.
>>
>>66579309
>I want /pol/ to leave.

Because that poster was right an challenges your fragile liberal sensibilities?

/pol/ is everywhere. deal with it faggot.
>>
>>66578597
Well, of coursh. Having problems with things not being uniform only creates resentment. Black people should invest in their own value and identity as their culture instead of trying to get into jewish top ranks.
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (75 KB, 920x620) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
75 KB, 920x620
>>66578597
>AGI wins
>Gives speech as normal
>Music starts to play him off
>Launches into liberal diatribe about such and such
>Music awkwardly stops
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA
>>
>>66579617
>mfw Viggo pretty much grew up in Whitertina
>>
BASED Inarritu

Finally someone calling out blacks for trying to make "diversity" mean "pro-black"
>>
"Diversity" has always been an excuse to override merit in favor of skin color. And it works everytime. Whites are so fucking retarded they almost deserve to go extinct.
>>
>>66579563
tell the boomers to quit or die so i can have their 6 figure job

then ill pay for movies :^)

also niggers download music more than us
>>
>>66579844
Yeah its fucking annoying. It's why I cant really take criticism about more diversity in films about ancient Egypt seriously. Because instead of adding lots of arabs (which would look similar to the ancient egyptians), they would literally blackwash the entire thing.
>>
>>66579622
How about you prove that blacks want to be handed things oh wait they don't, they just want to be treated equally like everyone else does. Asking for equality does not equate to "asking for handouts" you dipshit and speaking of handouts, guess which race is uses the most when it comes to welfare and foodstamps

El Blanco, the white demon, mr and mrs "Stop mooching off the system"

https://theobamacrat.com/2015/03/02/welfare-recipients-which-race-gets-more-benefits-2/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/28/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html

Take that in your fucking bong and smoke it ass wipe
>>
>>66579622
Nah nigger, you are confusing black people with gypsies.
>>
>>66580031
>those sources
Not biased at all!
>>
>>66579563
Blacks feek entitled to welfare and oscsrs

White hacker ppl just get What they can and if not what evs
>>
File: 1447549063472.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447549063472.gif
175 KB, 500x375
>>66580031
>obamacrat
>huff post
>>
>>66579655
I don't care if he's right or wrong. This board is called /tv/ (which stands for Television and Film). That means that your stance on politics means jack shit here, whether you're a liberal or a /pol/lack. And it certainly looks like the latter is pushing an agenda more than anyone else. That said, it's clear that, yes, /pol/ is everywhere. But don't you ever tell me to deal with it, son.
>>
>>66580031
Whites get more handouts because they're like 60% of the population. Adjusted for population, blacks are the worst in every category.
>>
>>66579309
The only way to defeat racism is to not make a big deal out of it. It's okay to acknowledge differences in skin color like you would with eye and hair color, but to pretend that you're different than anyone else for better or worse, is the definition of racism.
>>
>>66580491
>This board is called /tv/ (which stands for Television and Film). That means that your stance on politics means jack shit here
Except the OP post is both political and /tv/ related, meaning we get to discuss it whether you like it or not. Hell the oscars, the most /tv/-related event of the year, was extremely politically-oriented this year, are you gonna say the oscars don't belong here too because of that?
>>
>>66580075
I don't see gypsies claiming the oscars are racist simply because they feel like their race MUST be given nominations regardless of actually deserving them.
>>
>>66578597
>who said we should build bridges not walls in response to Trump

you mean the pope?
>>
File: 1436475446573.png (290 KB, 560x635) Image search: [Google]
1436475446573.png
290 KB, 560x635
>>66580491
>stance on politics means jack shit here
>the thread topic is "'very polarised' and 'very politicised'" and yet very much related to Television and Film

Okay, familia.
>>
>So anyway, what I am super impressed about is that still we are dragging this tribal thinking with this.

That's America in a nutshell.
>>
>"The debate is not only about black and white people"

Yes it fucking is and it always will be, every other race is irrelevant in regards to social justice shit. For example, when a chinese person trys to get involved, everyone looks at them like 'nigga you doin fine shut the fuck up'
>>
>>66578597
Big deal. Only already guilty white people are ever going to take stuff like that to heart. Me, however, I'm honestly a very picky person. I'm very judgemental on what people's hair looks like. I think people like me are going to be cast out of society pretty soon.
>>
>>66579617
Charlotte Rampling spoke out as well, as did Jaime Foxx.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.